Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Help with Jeep Maintenance in Islamabad

Aoa Everyone,

I've had a CJ-5 for nearly a year now, and haven't been able to spend time and money on it to make it from a nice ride to a great ride. One of the reasons is that I'm new to Jeeps and new to ISB, so it's hard to find the right Jeep mechanic who would help me in getting my jeep in tip top condition without overcharging me! So I need advice on how to solve the small problems I have with my jeep without spending too much money and without wasting time trying to find the right expert person to have a look at my jeep and solve my problems. The following are the specs of my jeep

CJ-5, 2.2lit 3CT diesel engine. Power Steering, power brakes. I believe the differential and the gear box are original CJ-5 but I'm not exactly sure.

The following are the problems that I face sometimes!
    Recently I've faced problems with the Jeep Starting in cold weather! I took it to Ayubia and had to leave for Isb at 5 am in the morning for a meeting in Isb, but the Jeep just wouldn't start! Missed the meeting!

There is a lot of play that needs to be fixed.

I want to get a new Top (Tarpaal) and improve the electrical wiring and interior door locks etc. I already have an AC that works great, but want to improve on the doors and the interior in general.

The jeep at the moment is in a pretty good condition with new Dunlop tires but with a lot of noises from the interior and under. I use it for my daily use.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks..
    SBM
    Help with Jeep Maintenance in Islamabad -98223Help with Jeep Maintenance in Islamabad -98223

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got a jeep Cherokee last year and got it fixed way beyond my expectations. The Jeep is all power and comfort now. The guy's name is Zafar and he owns the workshop in G-9. You may contact him at 0301-5199119.

Hassan

sbm
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
    I got a jeep Cherokee last year and got it fixed way beyond my expectations. The Jeep is all power and comfort now. The guy's name is Zafar and he owns the workshop in G-9. You may contact him at 0301-5199119.

Hassan
    Thanks Hassan,
    Do you have any pics of your Cherokee.. And what exactly did you get done and how much did it cost. I've been told by people generally here that if you get something done in Islamabad its expensive than getting it done in Pindi. There is a place near Saddar (forgot the name) where these jeeps are made. So would it be better to find someone there or go to G-9.

SBM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sbm
    from where u bought it ? and for how much ?
    nice looking jeep bro ! put some detailed pics of interior , engine bay , is it isb registered ?

Rest reg your query about mechanics, well to be honest, there maintenance cost isn't that much but they needs your time !
    GawalMandi City sadaar road is right place to take your jeep for maintenance as here in isb u might find a mechanic but never get a spare part of it ! city sadar road is right place to take it and fix it !
    !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I get my Jeep's work done from City Saddar road.. Jeeps need a little attention that they get at city saddar.. you can contact Farooq Awan 0333-5207251 for any mechanical job or Jamil Awan for Body works 0345-5057564.

There are good poshing walas at city saddar road.. a good top requires a nicely built mounting hardware sometimes.. i suggest you visit city saddar and check out things for yourself.. Ask Jamil bhai.. he will guide you.
    75% of earth is covered by water... the rest by Jeep
    www.brokenknucklegarage.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dont go anywhere else, go straight to city saddar road, Right next to the bridge there is a big arena with dozens of mechanics, spare and old parts dealers,
    -

sbm
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by akifjanjua View Post
    I get my Jeep's work done from City Saddar road.. Jeeps need a little attention that they get at city saddar.. you can contact Farooq Awan 0333-5207251 for any mechanical job or Jamil Awan for Body works 0345-5057564.

There are good poshing walas at city saddar road.. a good top requires a nicely built mounting hardware sometimes.. i suggest you visit city saddar and check out things for yourself.. Ask Jamil bhai.. he will guide you.
    Thanks a lot for this information. I went to city Saddar road once, but did not find these guys very supportive in attitude probably because they're busy all the time. Now that I have their numbers I can probably ask them for the right time when they're free.

sbm
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by stonedsaint View Post
    @sbm
    from where u bought it ? and for how much ?
    nice looking jeep bro ! put some detailed pics of interior , engine bay , is it isb registered ?

Rest reg your query about mechanics, well to be honest, there maintenance cost isn't that much but they needs your time !
    GawalMandi City sadaar road is right place to take your jeep for maintenance as here in isb u might find a mechanic but never get a spare part of it ! city sadar road is right place to take it and fix it !
    I bought it in Karachi, although this was bought from auction in Pindi and re-worked in Peshawar. I'll add more pics, when I have time. I think I will need go to Gawalmandi (City Saddar) InshAllah.

SBM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by akifjanjua View Post

Liittle Attention? Are you sure?
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aahoo paa jee..
    75% of earth is covered by water... the rest by Jeep
    www.brokenknucklegarage.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@SBM I am attaching few pics of my ride. Major work includes, transmission, engine overhauled, suspension, replacement of radiator, power pump, brake master cylinder, and many bric-a-brac stuff. No work on exterior like paint stuff. For interiror only changes were replacing roof inner lining and installing a pioneer sound system with amp & sub woofer, LCD screen and backview camera.

There are plenty at city sadar road in pindi who are solely into jeep rebuilding. It's worth checking them out.

My reason for opting Zafar's workshop was primaily the huge trust I have for him - he is a family friend. He is educated which is a rare thing in this region, him being a third-generation into auto/aircrfat repairs, and his ability to think out of the box when options dries out for instance he recently fixed a 50-tonnes aircraft tug which was left stranded just outside the airport and all enginers of PIA were at loss how to start the machine.

Help with Jeep Maintenance in Islamabad -98340

Hassan

sbm
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
    @SBM I am attaching few pics of my ride. Major work includes, transmission, engine overhauled, suspension, replacement of radiator, power pump, brake master cylinder, and many bric-a-brac stuff. No work on exterior like paint stuff. For interiror only changes were replacing roof inner lining and installing a pioneer sound system with amp & sub woofer, LCD screen and backview camera.

There are plenty at city sadar road in pindi who are solely into jeep rebuilding. It's worth checking them out.

My reason for opting Zafar's workshop was primaily the huge trust I have for him - he is a family friend. He is educated which is a rare thing in this region, him being a third-generation into auto/aircrfat repairs, and his ability to think out of the box when options dries out for instance he recently fixed a 50-tonnes aircraft tug which was left stranded just outside the airport and all enginers of PIA were at loss how to start the machine.

Help with Jeep Maintenance in Islamabad - 98340

Hassan
    Wow! Hassan Nice Jeep! I totally agree with you. I believe it's way better to pay just a little more and get work done by someone who at least knows what he is doing. I'll visit Zafar in G9 which is near to where I am located, and I'll also see Gawalmandi, then see where it goes from there. Thanks a lot everyone for your input. Keep it coming

SBM

sbm
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Another pic, of the interior.

Help with Jeep Maintenance in Islamabad -98415Help with Jeep Maintenance in Islamabad -98415

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My vote is also for Farooq Awan at City Saddar Road