Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Pajero engine swap help

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    cutecrimnal143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Age
    25
    Posts
    262
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Pajero engine swap help

    hi guys i have 1990 Pajero in Pakistan and i want to change the engine i currently have a regular 2.8 diesel engine with a non functioning ac compressor and i want to know how much will it sell for. i want to replace it with Mitsubishi turbo inter cooler engine 2.8 complete or 3.2 turbo inter cooler both should be diesel what will be the cost of each engine thanks


  2. #2
    959
    959 is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,121
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Sir

    These engines are hard to find here.
    Readers are Leaders.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    cutecrimnal143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Age
    25
    Posts
    262
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 959 View Post
    Sir

    These engines are hard to find here.
    i dont think so because my friend just got 2.8 inter cooler engine but 3.2 might be hard to find
    Thank You for your reply

  4. #4
    Newbie Follow
    baba_thakur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cutecrimnal143 View Post
    i dont think so because my friend just got 2.8 inter cooler engine but 3.2 might be hard to find
    Thank You for your reply
    I have got 2.8 turbo diesel engine with auto gear 4x4 .......if interested contact me 0321-2419179

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    cutecrimnal143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Age
    25
    Posts
    262
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baba_thakur View Post
    I have got 2.8 turbo diesel engine with auto gear 4x4 .......if interested contact me 0321-2419179
    thanks,what is ur asking price and is it inter cooled version?

  6. #6
    jz
    jz is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    2
    Posts
    26,106
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    if your from lahore u can easily find them in bilal ganj
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    cutecrimnal143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Age
    25
    Posts
    262
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jz View Post
    if your from lahore u can easily find them in bilal ganj
    i am from Abbottabad but i can travel to Lahore. what is the price for 4m41 and 4m40 engine if anybody knows please let me know.But i need turbo inter cooled versions.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sarosh_Ather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i overhauled my pajero`s 2.8 turbo intercooled engine for 80k including suspension work and turbo 6 months ago, n then got the 2.4l one of my other pajero overhauled for 75k excluding ac bt all the suspension work instead!
    afaik that (2.8l)1 would cost approx. 100-125k!

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    cutecrimnal143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Age
    25
    Posts
    262
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarosh_Ather View Post
    i overhauled my pajero`s 2.8 turbo intercooled engine for 80k including suspension work and turbo 6 months ago, n then got the 2.4l one of my other pajero overhauled for 75k excluding ac bt all the suspension work instead!
    afaik that (2.8l)1 would cost approx. 100-125k!
    including gear kit and ac compressor and the cost you mention is it for inter-cooled turbo or only inter-cooled ?

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sarosh_Ather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    well turbo (which is usually found used in bilal gunj) costed 8k n fitting was 2k along with some minor work + wiring!
    i think u`ll get the whole engine+turbo for that price not sure about the transmission!

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    cutecrimnal143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Age
    25
    Posts
    262
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarosh_Ather View Post
    well turbo (which is usually found used in bilal gunj) costed 8k n fitting was 2k along with some minor work + wiring!
    i think u`ll get the whole engine+turbo for that price not sure about the transmission!
    thanks bro but when did you replaced your engine? and the price you mentioned is for a new engine right ?

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sarosh_Ather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    its been almost 6-7 months since i overhauled engines of my pajeros which means the engine is same bt all the parts n stuff are changed n u`ll always find used engine for that ride as new 1`s aren`t available!

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    cutecrimnal143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Age
    25
    Posts
    262
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarosh_Ather View Post
    its been almost 6-7 months since i overhauled engines of my pajeros which means the engine is same bt all the parts n stuff are changed n u`ll always find used engine for that ride as new 1`s aren`t available!
    oh k do u think overhauling is better than replacing the engine???

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sarosh_Ather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    well its upto u!
    while overhauling,u know which parts u have to change n of what quality n made in parts u`re using while buying a complete engine leaves u in suspicion whether the parts are original or if its already overhauled n then being given to u as a new engine!
    btw there`s an ongoing thread, Engine prices in peshawar, contact it`s poster for more info regarding the engine!

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    yawar538's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    6,006
    Follows
    7
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I agree!
    Baat karo haq ki, chahay hatt jaye sabki

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    cutecrimnal143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Age
    25
    Posts
    262
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarosh_Ather View Post
    well its upto u!
    while overhauling,u know which parts u have to change n of what quality n made in parts u`re using while buying a complete engine leaves u in suspicion whether the parts are original or if its already overhauled n then being given to u as a new engine!
    btw there`s an ongoing thread, Engine prices in peshawar, contact it`s poster for more info regarding the engine!
    thank you

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •