Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2JZ-GTE Twin Turbos on a 2LT????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 2JZ-GTE Twin Turbos on a 2LT????

Let me for once ask a dumb question and expect intelligent answers from the experts

Is it conceivable to install the sequential twin-turbos off a 2JZ-GTE engine on a poor old 2LT and expect a fuller RPM range turbo performance? My interest in sequential twins set-up leads me to believe that the 2JZ-GTE use two CT20/6s or CT12s depending on models. When coupled with my desire to get rid of the 2LT on my CJ7 this seems to be a great way to try and roast the internals. Death by twin turbos should be a great samurai way to go for the old jap... but who knows the old man may even live to tell the tale!

Anyhow, my research is hitting a wall after the wikipedia details. Please help and share views on compatibility that you may have.

"The Mark IV Supra's twin turbos operated in sequential mode instead of the more common parallel mode. The sequential setup featured a pair of CT-12B turbos (for the JDM market, USDM market was CT20/CT20A with variations- some are ceramic- notorious, some are not. For UK market steel blades (CT-20/CT-20A)

Initially all of the exhaust is routed to the first turbine for reduced lag. This resulted in boost and enhanced torque as early as 1800 rpm. Approaching 3500 rpm, some of the exhaust is routed to the second turbine for a "pre-boost" mode, although none of the compressor output is used by the engine at this point. Approaching 4000 rpm, the second turbo's output is used to augment the first turbo's output. As opposed to the parallel mode, the sequential turbos provides quicker low RPM response and increased high RPM boost."

2JZ-GTE Twin Turbos on a 2LT???? - 130 0707 16 z1995 toyota supra2jz gte engine intake

Thanks,
    SK

"If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MITSU_MAN View Post
    @SK

Well amigo, you'd be adding another dish on the menu list in not so distant future....''ROASTED PISTON" and at phajja's it would be served as......''PISHTUN FRY''!!!!
    Mitsu,
    it would be "Mashed Pistotoes served with Glazed oil and Pisto raisins". haha

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just a bit of what little I have gathered with my pangas:

- The 2LT does not sit too comfortably with the stock Pakistani CJ7 axles/diffs which are invariably the Dana/AMC 4.1 (10:41) originally for the high torque AMC 4.2L engine.

- Toyota apps of the 2LT have been with much lower gearing of upto 4.88s on the TLCIIs, Surfs and Hiluxs and even higher (5.32ish) with workhorse Hiluxs and Surfs.

- At the low end in Toyota apps, the 2LT relies on the lower gearing of the axles/diffs to haul its puny **** until the biggish CT20 turbo kicks in at around 1800-2000rpm and delivers boost up until close to the 4000rpm red line.

- With the high speed 4.1 ratios of the CJ7 the 2LT is quite the loser at the low rpms and hence struggles in real offfroad situations where at the end of the day it can never match up to the B series and KZ engines anyways.

- On the road, a good 2LT (new/II) conversion on a lightweight CJ7 can actually quite exciting. With a little extra fuel from teh pump and added boost from the turbo, you can actually give the big boys a good run for the money..... as long as you don't boil the water and cook things into a pistun curry with its rings

- On cracked heads, my view is that extensive use and abuse of a few things on have contributed to its nasty reputation: bad cooling, high speed diffs, bigger tyres. I don't think that there is an inherent flaw in the engine design otherwise Toyota would not have stuck to the basic design and it would not be one of the most common engines in Afghanistan and Baluchistan.

- A second turbo setup in sequence, without too much boost to add some grunt to the low end would perhaps be the best upgrade for an engine that is reportedly going to be available very very cheaply in the near future if not already.

......I take this stuff too seriously, I shoudl just buy a Pajero and give up dreaming of German cars
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

very informative thread..loved it
    Umer Siddiqui ... Inline Six .... ** 2JZ-GE **

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    Just a bit of what little I have gathered with my pangas:

- The 2LT does not sit too comfortably with the stock Pakistani CJ7 axles/diffs which are invariably the Dana/AMC 4.1 (10:41) originally for the high torque AMC 4.2L engine.

- Toyota apps of the 2LT have been with much lower gearing of upto 4.88s on the TLCIIs, Surfs and Hiluxs and even higher (5.32ish) with workhorse Hiluxs and Surfs.

- At the low end in Toyota apps, the 2LT relies on the lower gearing of the axles/diffs to haul its puny **** until the biggish CT20 turbo kicks in at around 1800-2000rpm and delivers boost up until close to the 4000rpm red line.

- With the high speed 4.1 ratios of the CJ7 the 2LT is quite the loser at the low rpms and hence struggles in real offfroad situations where at the end of the day it can never match up to the B series and KZ engines anyways.

- On the road, a good 2LT (new/II) conversion on a lightweight CJ7 can actually quite exciting. With a little extra fuel from teh pump and added boost from the turbo, you can actually give the big boys a good run for the money..... as long as you don't boil the water and cook things into a pistun curry with its rings

- On cracked heads, my view is that extensive use and abuse of a few things on have contributed to its nasty reputation: bad cooling, high speed diffs, bigger tyres. I don't think that there is an inherent flaw in the engine design otherwise Toyota would not have stuck to the basic design and it would not be one of the most common engines in Afghanistan and Baluchistan.

- A second turbo setup in sequence, without too much boost to add some grunt to the low end would perhaps be the best upgrade for an engine that is reportedly going to be available very very cheaply in the near future if not already.

......I take this stuff too seriously, I shoudl just buy a Pajero and give up dreaming of German cars

@SK

Now that's one fast learner.....PAAJAAAAHRO, forever!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

6. 04-08-2011, 01:46 PM

Site Banned

7. 04-08-2011, 02:58 PM

Senior PakWheeler

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List