39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Point Blank, 4x4Engaged? & IJC at Malam Jabba

The Malam Jabba Ski Resort, owned by the Pakistani Tourism Development Corporation, had a ski slope of about 800m with the highest point of the slope 2804m (9200 ft) above sea level. Malam Jabba Ski Resort was the joint effort of the Pakistan government with its Austrian counterpart. The resort was equipped with modern facilities including roller/ice-skating rinks, chair lifts, skiing platforms, telephones and snow clearing equipment.

In late June 2008, the Malam Jabba Ski Resort was set on fire and destroyed after being closed for more than a year. Residents said a large portion of the resort had been reduced to ashes and the militants also damaged chairlifts and a tower belonging to the meteorological department. The Pakistani government had long since lost control over the administration and security of the valley and had abandoned the resort, laying off its employees there. This was due to the war in the Swat valley between government security forces and Taliban militias (who are likely relocating from nearby FATA and Afghanistan). The Pakistani government has since accepted a Taliban truce in the Swat valley. In May 2009 however the army started an offensive against the Taliban and retook the town.
    <!--?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comPoint Blank, 4x4Engaged? & IJC at Malam Jabba - Point Blank, 4x4Engaged? & IJC at Malam JabbaPoint Blank, 4x4Engaged? & IJC at Malam Jabba - 59225 10150256322175618 734895617 14216791 7830133 n</o:p>
    <o:p>Point Blank, 4x4Engaged? & IJC at Malam Jabba - 59225 10150256322170618 734895617 14216790 7404323 n</o:p>
    <o:p>Point Blank, 4x4Engaged? & IJC at Malam Jabba - 47098 10150256318415618 734895617 14216676 4083972 n</o:p>
    <o:p>Point Blank, 4x4Engaged? & IJC at Malam Jabba - 46605 10150256320615618 734895617 14216740 78995 n</o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>

What makes 4x4Engaged? special is to discover secret places others cannot reach! ✓

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would suggest an event - be it a JEEP Event

Revival of Malam Jabba - Snow cross
    Revival of Malam Jabba - Family Festival
    Revival of Malam Jabba - Jeep Competition

I think - if with the help of locals we can organize something ... which could include local participation - like there very popular local bonfire dances and cuisine ...
    A camp station could be made may be which could provide camping and sanitation facilities

and loads of sponsors

both 4x4Engaged? and IJC has got experience of event organizing - something like this should not be that much difficult to come up with
    Bugged for Life....Easily Distracted by Land Rovers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ +1
    The way a man keeps his car ,,,is the way he keeps himself...................

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice idea...
    The place used to be awsome. I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights
    http://www.haseebawan.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

@Bugzy
    awesome idea...
    Never go offroading alone!!!you never know when you need a push!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Congratulations on yet another wonderful thread !

Beautiful pictures.
    Malam Jaba is a beautiful place. It is sad to see such devastation.
    May Allah Bless our beloved country.

And Eid Mubarik to all. May Allah accept all our Ramadan Fasts and prayers, etc.
    Allah bless all OFF-ROADERS

Thanks Janj sb for a nice thread
    Ranger of the North---Didn't Get Any Speeding Ticket While I had the Unimog. Since I bought a Cruiser, I get a speeding ticket every now and then.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am really sad to see these pictures . Totally support all or any activity to build that place again!

May God give us strength to put back Pakistan on right track of Prosperity, growth and development. (Ameen)
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path & leave a trail..."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    I would suggest an event - be it a JEEP Event

Revival of Malam Jabba - Snow cross
    Revival of Malam Jabba - Family Festival
    Revival of Malam Jabba - Jeep Competition

I think - if with the help of locals we can organize something ... which could include local participation - like there very popular local bonfire dances and cuisine ...
    A camp station could be made may be which could provide camping and sanitation facilities

and loads of sponsors

both 4x4Engaged? and IJC has got experience of event organizing - something like this should not be that much difficult to come up with
    Bugzy thanks for ur input. Already under consideration Ek & Sk working on it.
    What makes 4x4Engaged? special is to discover secret places others cannot reach! ✓

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger_ofthe_North View Post
    Beautiful pictures.
    Malam Jaba is a beautiful place. It is sad to see such devastation.
    May Allah Bless our beloved country.

And Eid Mubarik to all. May Allah accept all our Ramadan Fasts and prayers, etc.
    Allah bless all OFF-ROADERS

Thanks Janj sb for a nice thread
    Thank you sir.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would second Bugzy's suggestion on some sort of an off-road event, be it a small one to begin with. The area presented very interesting 4x4 potential some of which Janj tested with Hilux MTs But quite frankly at the moment thats about all the place offers apart from its breath taking scenery...

The early morning drive up to Malam Jabba was probably one of the best ones I have ever done. And the feelings we experienced looking at the demolished hotel are pretty much indescribable for me..... I look at the Malam Jabba hotel as our Ground Zero and rebuilding the hotel and restoring the resorts as our collective responsibility as a nation.

I feel that any commitment to Malam Jabba has to be long term one where we assist the Government and the Army in the restoring the area in any way possible. An offroad event along the lines of the Snow Cross, with participation from all 4x4 clubs of Pakistan would indeed be a significant first contribution in this regard.....
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    I would second Bugzy's suggestion on some sort of an off-road event, be it a small one to begin with. The area presented very interesting 4x4 potential some of which Janj tested with Hilux MTs But quite frankly at the moment thats about all the place offers apart from its breath taking scenery...

The early morning drive up to Malam Jabba was probably one of the best ones I have ever done. And the feelings we experienced looking at the demolished hotel are pretty much indescribable for me..... I look at the Malam Jabba hotel as our Ground Zero and rebuilding the hotel and restoring the resorts as our collective responsibility as a nation.

I feel that any commitment to Malam Jabba has to be long term one where we assist the Government and the Army in the restoring the area in any way possible. An offroad event along the lines of the Snow Cross, with participation from all 4x4 clubs of Pakistan would indeed be a significant first contribution in this regard.....
    I also second Bugzy's suggestion
    Kindly come up with some innovative idea

Thanx
    -It is always Man behind the Machine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

excellent idea... this promotes the attitude of 4wheelers and helps the nation in its awakening .... as it is said " subha siruf uthoo maat... JAGOOO !! "
    A wise monkey never monkies w/ another monkey's monkey!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question IJC Vs 4x4Engaged? at MalamJabba

Quote Originally Posted by aamir567 View Post
    I also second Bugzy's suggestion
    Kindly come up with some innovative idea

Thanx
    IJC Vs 4x4Engaged? at MalamJabba.

Original Idea SK, I am only pumping

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Point Blank, 4x4Engaged? & IJC at Malam Jabba - filephp?id4509
    Yes Indeed! A friendly competition between the two clubs would be a great way to promote Malam Jabba and also the sport of offroading!

IJC vs 4x4Engaged! Islamabad vs Lahore!

We would obviosuly need approvals from the Military who I am sure would be pleased to support us in this venture. I am sure that the ski slope looks very very enticing for offroading, but there may be some concerns of damage caused by the tire tracks as the whole thing does not look all that wide. Also with the likes of the Saidhis and Shababis taking this on, there is always the risk of rollovers we need to watch out for

Nevertheless, during our trip we also explored other offroad possibilities the area offers and were not disappointed..... Janj, maybe its time to roll-out the madness !!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aaaaahhhh. Good old days..... i have skied down this slope hundreds of times in early 90s. Makes me sad to see that nothing is left...

i would support the idea floated by Janj and SK.. and would be more interested to use the winch on the vehicle to hoist a skier to the top and ski down in winters. A wicked idea but doable. May be use of pulleys...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar i cant believe my eyes, such a beautiful place that was.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Malam Jabba 2007 thread by Proverbial Slang

Borrowing some pics from Proverbial Slang's wonderful Malam Jabba visit thread from back in 2007: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/roa...p-maalam-jabba

Point Blank 4x4Engaged? & IJC at Malam Jabba -1015116

Point Blank 4x4Engaged? & IJC at Malam Jabba -1015117

Point Blank 4x4Engaged? & IJC at Malam Jabba -1015118

Point Blank 4x4Engaged? & IJC at Malam Jabba -1015119

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wow guys simply stunning and those taliban should bun in hell. destroyed such an excellent resort
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

SK, EK, Janj, Amir Malik, Shahab, Bugzy, desertdevil, NN, DD, Rao and other brothers in crime,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, instead of any friendly competition where the focus may shift from showing complete unity to getting individual positions, lets do it the snow cross style, United as One, For One Nation. We can do obstacles ect but not for positions, only for fun.

Lets invite 4x4 Clubs from all around the country, I suppose there are more than 10 operational/serious clubs, I can contact and coordinate with ORAD, MCP, PMRC (minus Channa off course), Friends Club Multan, Multan 4x4 Club and 4x4 Club Bahawalpur. We already have Abbotabad Unlimited, Muzaffarabad 4x4 and Land Rover Club in the loop. There is a new club of Sarmad in Karachi and one more Off Roaders Club Karachi.

Given the cause, I am sure all clubs will participate. IJC, 4x4 Engaged, Abbotabad Unlimited, Muzzafarabad and LR Club will surely join in maximum numbers.

We will need support of local administration and army, which, if timely approached, should not be any problem as the government is trying its level best to promote the softer image of Swat. We can get the Media to jump in as well.

Imagine, 30 odd 4x4s, around 70 odd participants from around the country, getting together for the people of Swat, it sounds good, its doable and will be appreciated all around.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saidhi View Post
    SK, EK, Janj, Amir Malik, Shahab, Bugzy, desertdevil, NN, DD, Rao and other brothers in crime,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, instead of any friendly competition where the focus may shift from showing complete unity to getting individual positions, lets do it the snow cross style, United as One, For One Nation. We can do obstacles ect but not for positions, only for fun.

Lets invite 4x4 Clubs from all around the country, I suppose there are more than 10 operational/serious clubs, I can contact and coordinate with ORAD, MCP, PMRC (minus Channa off course), Friends Club Multan, Multan 4x4 Club and 4x4 Club Bahawalpur. We already have Abbotabad Unlimited, Muzaffarabad 4x4 and Land Rover Club in the loop. There is a new club of Sarmad in Karachi and one more Off Roaders Club Karachi.

Given the cause, I am sure all clubs will participate. IJC, 4x4 Engaged, Abbotabad Unlimited, Muzzafarabad and LR Club will surely join in maximum numbers.

We will need support of local administration and army, which, if timely approached, should not be any problem as the government is trying its level best to promote the softer image of Swat. We can get the Media to jump in as well.

Imagine, 30 odd 4x4s, around 70 odd participants from around the country, getting together for the people of Swat, it sounds good, its doable and will be appreciated all around.

Wah! Baat karr dee dosst. Thumbs up. All for it. Please support this cause all.

RKR
    I will miss her, that RKR. She will always be the one that got away.
    But, life goes on. From RKR to MMC. 4x4 Engaged? Team Unimog, Pakistan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I feel sorrow after watching these pics. I visited that place back in 1999 and stayed at that hotel.
    If travelling was free, You'd never see me again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

User Tag List