This is my first post in Pakwheels and I found it to be a great resource.
I need some info from the seasoned users here.
I am taking a couple of months vacation from work and want to take my family (wife, infant, mother, father, and sister) means total of 5 adults and 1 infant to North areas (I live in Lahore). On the way I might need to pick up a couple more adults, but if I don't have the space I won't.
The factors which are more important to me are as below:
- I prefer comfort, reliability, resale and luxury more than performance.
- I intend to sell this car after enjoying 4-6 months, so resale is a major factor.
- I do not intend to do any major offroading, but you never know!
- Automatic transmission is a must!
- I absolutely hate doing any maintenance, so the car should be robust and reliable.
Ideally I would like to have the total cost (including buying, fees and small work which you need to do ont he car after buying) to be less than 2 million. However I can go a bit higher if required.
WORK DONE TILL NOW:
- Toyota Surf: I had decided to buy Toyota Surf, but after looking at some 96-99 Surf models I found that they are not very luxurious. Infact they look to be a step down from my current Civic in luxury.
- Toyota Vigo: I found the Vigo to be really luxurious, however the open bed bothers me. My other reservation is that I have heard it doesn't have a heater!
- Mitsubishi Pajero: Another option is the Mitsubishi Pajero, but I haven't been able to see it in person yet.
For the Vigo, my idea is to get a canopy and seats installed in the bed so it should be able to seat 4 adults in the back, and 5 in the main cabin. I don't know how much the canopy costs, so I would love to hear some ballpark figures.
I would love to hear your comments and valuable feedback in order to help me buy the proper car!
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad