Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default BJ60 4x4 Help

Friends,

Please help me to fix 4x4 of my TLC60 - Problem is that when i engage 4x4, it creates lot of gears noise (even going straight) and i cant take u turn or an extreem turn with 4x4 engaged because when i turn the steering to almost half of the way (with 4x4 engaged), the rig get jammed and i hear a loud & swear click-clash noise coming from front suspension i guess.

I have already replaced all lubricants, leaf spring bushings, have replaced the 4x4 drive shaft too, along with all steering bushings etc.

Have already done complete hub service as well.

Thank you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you Rao - reason to start this thread was to catch the exact problem and avoid doing pungas with everything - but it seems that i'll have to check each and everything related to 4x4 system. However i cant ignore your feed back as i believe that you are one of the most senior 4x4 enthusiast and expert in this forum.

BTW - why you let your RKR go and why this Gen1 Pajero?

Tk care.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by machine View Post
    Thank you Rao - reason to start this thread was to catch the exact problem and avoid doing pungas with everything - but it seems that i'll have to check each and everything related to 4x4 system. However i cant ignore your feed back as i believe that you are one of the most senior 4x4 enthusiast and expert in this forum.

Tk care.
    Rao Sb... Baba-e-offroading
    I may get Lost But I don't get stuck!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by machine View Post

Tk care.
    You are too kind sir. Ok, firstly, update. Got the transfer box changed, full day job. Total cost PKR 9300, including labour, parts, gear oil etc etc. Problem = resolved! I hope it stays like this. There was a small problem, in the Gen 1 Pajero, the 4x4 shaft comes in different mouth rings, wasted lots of time trying on different shafts. Ultimately, seems to work fine for now. The mechanic I went to has a favorite and ridiculous hobby, he checks if 4x4 is working by going up hill on 12 stairs in front of his shop. Test complete Silencer damaged

I'm pretty sure you have the same issue, where are you located, I can get you some good leads in Lahore and Islamabad for people who can work on your car, or at least diagnose the problem.

RKR was sold because it was also my daily driver, wife took the Shogun It was doing 3 kms/liter, had leaf springs, and carb related issues. Trust me, the Gen 1 is a surprisingly good offroader. Plus its great on fuel, fast, comfortable, and bloody ugly! I'm loving it so far. And you've already noticed, parts are dirt cheap, and for the price I got it for, you cannot get anything better in my opinion.

MMC
    I will miss her, that RKR. She will always be the one that got away.
    But, life goes on. From RKR to MMC. 4x4 Engaged? Team Unimog, Pakistan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nomi1234 View Post
    Rao Sb... Baba-e-offroading
    Yup, I'm 94 days older than you at pakwheels, and have more than double your posts, guess that would make me a Baba.

MMC

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raohamid View Post
    You are too kind sir. Ok, firstly, update. Got the transfer box changed, full day job. Total cost PKR 9300, including labour, parts, gear oil etc etc. Problem = resolved! I hope it stays like this. There was a small problem, in the Gen 1 Pajero, the 4x4 shaft comes in different mouth rings, wasted lots of time trying on different shafts. Ultimately, seems to work fine for now. The mechanic I went to has a favorite and ridiculous hobby, he checks if 4x4 is working by going up hill on 12 stairs in front of his shop. Test complete Silencer damaged

I'm pretty sure you have the same issue, where are you located, I can get you some good leads in Lahore and Islamabad for people who can work on your car, or at least diagnose the problem.

RKR was sold because it was also my daily driver, wife took the Shogun It was doing 3 kms/liter, had leaf springs, and carb related issues. Trust me, the Gen 1 is a surprisingly good offroader. Plus its great on fuel, fast, comfortable, and bloody ugly! I'm loving it so far. And you've already noticed, parts are dirt cheap, and for the price I got it for, you cannot get anything better in my opinion.

MMC

Damn its pretty cheap and yet not that bloody ugly man - Have seen its performance in Desperado Track video - Amazing - All thumbs up actually.

You just have to remove few stickers from its rear side and door sides actually.

I am based in Multan though I am frequent traveler of lahore and islamabad as well. Please give me a lead of good 4x4 mechanics in Lahore who can arrange parts as well.

Thanks & Take care.
    <<<The Obstacle Is The Path>>>
    1984 BJ41, 1967 FJ40, 1984 BJ61 , 1983 Mutt M825, 1982 CJ5, 1942 Willys

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its a 6 hour job if you come down to Islamabad. In Lahore, they will grill you. But if you go to Model Town A block, ask for Aman Ullah's workshop, Kaka will be there, tell him you know me and he'll take care of the rest. If he shows you an attitude call me on 0333-5241003. Alternatively I have another good mechanic on Peco Road side. Good Luck!

MMC

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers