Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Pajero 1997 4M40 Fuel Injector Pump, HELP :/

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    usmanraufraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    177
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Pajero 1997 4M40 Fuel Injector Pump, HELP :/

    Hello all,

    I am getting this issue of variable rpm when the gear is in neutral or parking position, however there is no issue in starting or driving the car and the current mileage is 79000KM. I contacted the local Mitsubishi service center and they said its a problem of fuel injector pump and need to be replaced as there is no facility of tuning it in Pakistan, then i came to know that i wont get the new on but a KABULI one for Rs.48K, tell me what to do, please help!

    Regards
    Usman


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    akifjanjua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,097
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bro kabli pump should cost maximum 10K..

    Get a 2nd opinio in this.. the milage is not that high that could screw the pump.. if quality fuel and filter are used.. and there are diesel shops that can check and fix.. you can go to Shah Diesel Lab in Gawalmandi area, pindi... this is not something that cant be fixed i think.

    Quote Originally Posted by usmanraufraja View Post
    Hello all,

    I am getting this issue of variable rpm when the gear is in neutral or parking position, however there is no issue in starting or driving the car and the current mileage is 79000KM. I contacted the local Mitsubishi service center and they said its a problem of fuel injector pump and need to be replaced as there is no facility of tuning it in Pakistan, then i came to know that i wont get the new on but a KABULI one for Rs.48K, tell me what to do, please help!

    Regards
    Usman
    75% of earth is covered by water... the rest by Jeep
    www.brokenknucklegarage.com

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    usmanraufraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    177
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    thanks for the reply bro, btw i use dela gold of caltax and mitsubishie genuine filter that i get from their workshop in I-9, what do you recommend? and i also get them changed after every 3K KM.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    akifjanjua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,097
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    what i know diesel pumps dont fail that early.. 79,000KM is nothing unless you run water through it .. if it 200,000+KM yes could be..

    may be there is some other issue.. get it rechecked from someone other than the company guys.. coz they are looking forward to 48k
    75% of earth is covered by water... the rest by Jeep
    www.brokenknucklegarage.com

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    spectra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    19,667
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usmanraufraja View Post
    Hello all,

    I am getting this issue of variable rpm when the gear is in neutral or parking position, however there is no issue in starting or driving the car and the current mileage is 79000KM. I contacted the local Mitsubishi service center and they said its a problem of fuel injector pump and need to be replaced as there is no facility of tuning it in Pakistan, then i came to know that i wont get the new on but a KABULI one for Rs.48K, tell me what to do, please help!

    Regards
    Usman

    U can get a kabli 4M40 for this money. Someone has misguided you about price.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    usmanraufraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    177
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akifjanjua View Post
    what i know diesel pumps dont fail that early.. 79,000KM is nothing unless you run water through it .. if it 200,000+KM yes could be..

    may be there is some other issue.. get it rechecked from someone other than the company guys.. coz they are looking forward to 48k
    yea they like 48K, ill inshallah visit that Shah Diesel Lab this weekend, bro are those guys experts?

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    usmanraufraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    177
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spectra View Post
    U can get a kabli 4M40 for this money. Someone has misguided you about price.


    lol the guys from I-9 Mitsubishi Islamabad Motor's service center told me that we can get you a kabli engine for 100K, they are sick ********! thanks for the info bro!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •