52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Pre Cholistan Sand Run at Indus

today @desertdevil, NN, Untamed, ParaPilot, SuhaibKiani decided to check there vehicles for the upcoming cholistan Rally it was a fun day out with some great runs in the sand
    we assembled at the meeting point at 8am in the morning and then went to the sand run site.

Pre Cholistan Sand Run at Indus - 206732

Pre Cholistan Sand Run at Indus - 206733

VDOs by NN

Attached Images Attached Images   

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Charged View Post
    ... MIVEC should have a wider power band since it has variable valve timing and thats what they do widen the power band.

I'm not saying that uzi is faster i'm just saying that it should be and I hope it is!! That would be sick!!!! like super sickkk!

When a car you build performs and blows the modern competition away... the state of mind you will be in is like no other!! You will only understand it once you have built one and blown the competition. That's why people who build cars can't really be satisfied with new out of the show room cars.
    MIVEC opens at 5000 rpms and redline is at 7000, so Evos DOHC works between the said 2000 rpm band only.

Evo is reasonably powerful but many 4x4s like Cherokee ect are more powerful. Reason why Evos have consistently performed better in rallies is its exceptional handling and thats mainly because of all wheel independent suspension with 8.5 and 11.5 inchs of shock travel in front and back respectively.

No doubt SK has done a great job with Uzi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    Chalo jee ! Race jeraa wee jittay, let the record show ke UZi ne Evo ke tire uttar deyay hain
    Hahhahahah,,, you are right, moral victory is already with UZi, its amazing to know that UZi was built from scratch under Ustad Jee's hammer in Sadar, Rawalpindi.

SK your UZi has already bagged many titles, its drag with Evo is just to know whether that goes in favour of UZi too or you need to put Ustad jee back to work a little more

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raohamid View Post
    Men, just dug up an old video. This was many months ago in Lahore and was my first ride in Saidhi's white Evo. I don't remember if he had those ginormous BFGs on at the time or not, and I wasn't zoomed in on the speedometer, but was narrating the speed as I saw the speedometer pass it (along with many other censored verbiage, hence am hesitant to post). So there very well could be a margin for error. I have also timed SK's run twice, and both times I got the exact same figure. I think this could be a very very close call between the two. I got in the 9s for Saidhi, and in the 9s for Sk for 0-100km/h. But, if I were to do a sentimental analysis, on no proof whatsoever, I would say that on pure feel, up to about 100km/s, the sensation of speed and power was stronger in the UZi. With Saidhi, we reached 150km/h plus, and beyond 100km/h, of course the Evo felt extremely quick. I think with SK, we probably did not try to go beyond 120km/h.

Having said that, the EVO will always be an extremely well engineered machine, and in my opinion, the best overall 4x4. But then the UZi probably cost only a quarter of what an EVO would to build. And that is where SK's pride must lie, in that, and of course in the hours and hours he spent watching this metal become a less than 10 second sprinter. So thumbs up to him for that.

However, the more I think about it, the more it becomes clearer. Did we make drag vehicles? Did we buy them? No. We bought machines that make us happy and sad some times, but mostly we bought them to enjoy them. My first offroader was a Toyota, and at the time there was nothing better for me personally. My next SUV was a Mitsu, and I think it was a great all around vehicle. My next offroader is a Mitsu, and for the time being there can be nothing better even though to most it is junk, but for the price, I feel there is nothing better. It sounds vain, but just proves that that is how much we all care about our vehicles and the pleasure we get from them. That's what makes us put carb daala's, open top 1942 American troop transporters in rallies, and love it when our names are not on the DNF list, why we put petrol SUVs with no water insulation in deep clay mud, and some of us refuse to drive the family car to work, and would rather show up in a squeeker, leaker lunchbox.

Now that I've wiped my tears away, lets all do a freakin' expedition so its not just about the vehicles any more!!!

MMC
    very well said Rao..would agree with you. No doubt SK has done a tremendous job the fact remains the same.....(on a lighter note) we all have screwed Pre cholistan thread making it a drag war thread.. lol

From the childhood we have been hearing "Speed thrills but kills" and this is what actually transformed me into a 4x4er. The speed bug is never gonna be dead and that why we all 4x4ers do that mainly on a terrain where you dont kill anyone else....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes it is very simple the way I have put it you are right about other variables coming in to play. But I am just trying to keep things simple here since we do not have a way of measuring everything. Just talking about other things... MIVEC should have a wider power band since it has variable valve timing and thats what they do widen the power band. Drag coefficient shouldn't be much different since evo is a bit curvy but has a windshield whereas uzi is boxy but has lesser surface area. And the drag can be 0-120 or 140 sprint. It is fair since its gonna be the same for both the vehicles.

I'm not saying that uzi is faster i'm just saying that it should be and I hope it is!! That would be sick!!!! like super sickkk!

When a car you build performs and blows the modern competition away... the state of mind you will be in is like no other!! You will only understand it once you have built one and blown the competition. That's why people who build cars can't really be satisfied with new out of the show room cars.
    @ Charged...."When a car you build performs and blows the modern competition away... the state of mind you will be in is like no other!! "

Like my brothers Charade that put a mighty Supra to shame few years back....

Peace brothers.......The car "you build from scratch" has a totally different meaning here... UZI was not build from a scratch.. i think the chassis is CJ? the engine is Toyota, the gear is toyota, drive shaft japanese probably shocks rancho, tyres and rims japanese, what else.. hmmmm. speedo gear box eveything japanese, seats recaro i guess, seatbelts imported. body parts yes Pakistani and custom made. This you can't call build from the scratch and 100% made in Pakistan. Yes, how these parts are put together and then finished is truely what matters and for this i 10/10 to Kiani brothers. Something which one can imagine only they have actually done it in a professional way. What matters now is not the power that it produces but the endurance and duarbility of every part that it is assembled from. That is what we witnessed in the sand run.... a machine so well prepared by SK and his team that it will put to shame many Ustad in this country and abroad.

Sorry i intentionally stay away from computer on weekends as i get sick of it on weekday hence my replies are late......

and lastly My Mitsu is not evo bt yet i am still ready for the drag if road conditions permit.

cheers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

(on a lighter note) we all have screwed Pre cholistan thread making it a drag war thread.. lol

and lastly My Mitsu is not evo bt yet i am still ready for the drag if road conditions permit.

Oh bhai what is this?! Hahahhaha. Desertdevil, you are truly a naughty devil.

MMC
    I will miss her, that RKR. She will always be the one that got away.
    But, life goes on. From RKR to MMC. 4x4 Engaged? Team Unimog, Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=raohamid;2657968][COLOR=RoyalBlue][B](on a lighter note) we all have screwed Pre cholistan thread

@desertdevil

We haven't done anything like that but my source says the Rally (de Cholistan) itself has been screwed for the year 2011 what to talk about the thread! Instead some big wigs are planning an alternate event in lieu at a venue close to the Sind/Punjab border....most likely at Dharki....so gentlemen (if everything works out fine) get your juicy rides ready for some real (off the paper) action!!!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by desertdevil View Post
    .. i think the chassis is CJ? ....
    [SK banging head against wall!]

"If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hahahaha
    -It is always Man behind the Machine.

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hopefully while wearing the new helmet!

SK, between BJs n FJs, there must be CJ, DJ and EJ as well!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hahaha Sorry SK my knowledge on FJ, CJ and Bj is too friggin limited. with so many Js, Ks, Zs, Ns and Ds around you are bound to get confused.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hahaha Sorry SK my knowledge on FJ, CJ and Bj is too friggin limited. with so many Js, Ks, Zs, Ns and Ds around you are bound to get confused.
    One hell'ova comment.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Friends when the Cholistan Rally going to Happen...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raohamid View Post

However, the more I think about it, the more it becomes clearer. Did we make drag vehicles? Did we buy them? No. We bought machines that make us happy and sad some times, but mostly we bought them to enjoy them. ......................... It sounds vain, but just proves that that is how much we all care about our vehicles and the pleasure we get from them. That's what makes us put carb daala's, open top 1942 American troop transporters in rallies, and love it when our names are not on the DNF list, why we put petrol SUVs with no water insulation in deep clay mud, and some of us refuse to drive the family car to work, and would rather show up in a squeeker, leaker lunchbox.

Now that I've wiped my tears away, lets all do a freakin' expedition so its not just about the vehicles any more!!!

MMC
    All really well said bro, makes me emotional everytime I read it! We missed you on the wonderful expedition yesterday though You need to apply for dual nationality too, being an Islu person that you have become!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well yes bhp is not entirely irrelevant since it plays a part in power to weight formula but it cant be compared to see which goes fast I'm sure you got my drift NN.

Uzi
    Curb weight: 3196 pounds
    BHP: 260 @ crank
    Power to weight ratio: 1bhp : 12.3pounds

Evo
    Curb weight: 4343 pounds
    BHP: 276 @ crank
    Power to weight ratio: 1 bhp : 15.7pounds

So if SK has the drive train ratios right... he should be faster.
    Speaking of drivetrain, there is firstly a fundamental drivetrain difference between the two vehicles I believe the EVO is IFS at the front while the UZi is a solid axle. In addition, looking at the huge size of the UZi diffs in comparison to any 4x4 around, one would question whether you could even race a potowar with it. Hence the while the heavy investment into UZi's gearbox and diffs has really been worth it, the drivetrain loss would be significantly higher than the Evo or even most of the newer 4x4s with solid axles....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    Hopefully while wearing the new helmet!

SK, between BJs n FJs, there must be CJ, DJ and EJ as well!
    @nn... Jay seems to have some repute here

@desertdevil.... you missed the "JJ shiw shankar ".... Jays ki Jayhoooo
    Still Play with Mogs... DeeMog 421.129 1986... http://www.youtube.com/user/DeeMog421
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/4x4-clubs-off-roaders-suv/87109-team-unimog-punga-project

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry, its an unforgiveable error! You can mix your Ks and Zs but there is no messing with the Js

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Peace brothers.......The car "you build from scratch" has a totally different meaning here... UZI was not build from a scratch.. i think the chassis is CJ? the engine is Toyota, the gear is toyota, drive shaft japanese probably shocks rancho, tyres and rims japanese, what else.. hmmmm. speedo gear box eveything japanese, seats recaro i guess, seatbelts imported. body parts yes Pakistani and custom made. This you can't call build from the scratch and 100% made in Pakistan.
    cheers
    Thanks for the points here... but I seriously disagree with your definition of a Pakistani automobile or what is from scratch.

Not that it really matters what Pakistani percentage or scratch rating you assign to it, but given the work done in the conception, crafting and re-engineering of this out here, I feel it would be unfair to call it anything but Made in Pakistan and built from scratch! Specially since Atlas Hondas are supposedly made in Pakistan and Hilux Tigers in Thailand.

In my view, its quite irrelevant what make the parts are and whether you bought a frame from the yard or raw iron from the factory in putting the car together..... whats important is that there was nothing to begin with, then there was a frame, then the diffs, the gear, the engine, the body etc etc until there was something with four wheels that moved. Remember this was not a restoration and no two components in there were ever put together by Toyota in any one car. Thats as much Pakistani and as much "from scratch" as it practically gets.

Alternatively, we would call it "Made in Nallah Leh" and "made from scrap" if it better suits all the Mitsu egos for losing to it - REPEATEDLY

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I see lots of talk but no action?? are we gonna race these ladies and put rumors to rest or just keep doing the maths on paper and declare a winner... on second thought thats not a bad idea. given the circumstances, everyone remains safe, no need to go out and race in rain and just work out some numbers and declare a winner :-)
    I may get Lost But I don't get stuck!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aur note karein ke Jeep walley bhai log chup karr ke mazey le rehe hain

Ahem.. no need to butt our head in this yota vs mitkas racing thingy

you can find the jeeps folks doing some hardy tracks in the dirt or mud. we like to stay off-tarmack and race at 5mph
    I may get Lost But I don't get stuck!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the points here... but I seriously disagree with your definition of a Pakistani automobile or what is from scratch.

Not that it really matters what Pakistani percentage or scratch rating you assign to it, but given the work done in the conception, crafting and re-engineering of this out here, I feel it would be unfair to call it anything but Made in Pakistan and built from scratch! Specially since Atlas Hondas are supposedly made in Pakistan and Hilux Tigers in Thailand.

In my view, its quite irrelevant what make the parts are and whether you bought a frame from the yard or raw iron from the factory in putting the car together..... whats important is that there was nothing to begin with, then there was a frame, then the diffs, the gear, the engine, the body etc etc until there was something with four wheels that moved. Remember this was not a restoration and no two components in there were ever put together by Toyota in any one car. Thats as much Pakistani and as much "from scratch" as it practically gets.

Alternatively, we would call it "Made in Nallah Leh" and "made from scrap" if it better suits all the Mitsu egos for losing to it - REPEATEDLY
    @ SK you may disagree with me 100 times but the fact remains the same.....for me its a matter of pride if a colleague has assembled something which others could only dream of and btw i still own a toyota and a honda hence Mitsu egos doesnt exist... its all in your head bro.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

User Tag List