52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Pre Cholistan Sand Run at Indus

today @desertdevil, NN, Untamed, ParaPilot, SuhaibKiani decided to check there vehicles for the upcoming cholistan Rally it was a fun day out with some great runs in the sand
    we assembled at the meeting point at 8am in the morning and then went to the sand run site.

Pre Cholistan Sand Run at Indus - 206732

Pre Cholistan Sand Run at Indus - 206733

VDOs by NN

Attached Images Attached Images   

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh what the heck is going on? I'm loving this. SK, after you guys have had a share of the EVO and the DOHC, you can come wrestle my 2.5TD with a broken piston. I'll count till 20, then head out, and I'll see you at the checkered flag. Weather conditions should however include hail, and you should not have your wind shield up by then.

On a serious note, amigos, when is this drag scheduled?

Question: if the UZi is supposed to be putting out 260 bhp on its regular application, would it put out the same number when mated to a 4x4 gear? I imagine torque would increase.

MMC
    I will miss her, that RKR. She will always be the one that got away.
    But, life goes on. From RKR to MMC. 4x4 Engaged? Team Unimog, Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To measure how fast a car goes one has to compare the power to weight ratio, comparing bhp the engine puts out is irrelevant.

I am pretty sure Uzi is much lighter than any pajero so technically speaking as long as it is lighter and is pumpin around 260 horses the 'jeros are bound to loseeEe!
    There ain't no mud deep enough and no mountain high enough when you've got a LAND ROVER

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MITSU_MAN View Post
    @SK@NN@desertdevil

So guys, when is the D day?
    Well, thats between devil n SK, they are going out tomorrow, maybe they can have the El'Duel there!

Quote Originally Posted by Charged View Post
    To measure how fast a car goes one has to compare the power to weight ratio, comparing bhp the engine puts out is irrelevant.

I am pretty sure Uzi is much lighter than any pajero so technically speaking as long as it is lighter and is pumpin around 260 horses the 'jeros are bound to loseeEe!
    @ Charged, well I wouldn't call number of horses irrelevant, firstly you need more horses to have better power to weight ratio. Even otherwise you need more horses to break the wind (u know what I mean ). For most 4X4's the frontal drag becomes entirely relevant at speeds above 100-120kmph!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The UZi was weighing in at 1390 kgs (without passengers) on the sand run day and with doors and windsherld fame its about around 1450 kgs.... the evo is something like 1700 kgs???

With the windshield down frontal drag was reduced to some extent but in my view on an FJ40 its not just 120kms where aerodynamics are relevant once you cross even 60kmph at full throttle 1UZ acceleration, the wind force hitting the fenders and the front is so strong that you cannot help but feel its bound to have some impact on handling and acceleration. To improve aerodynamics, would like to add a spoiler plate (or whatcha may call it) closing the gap between the fenders and the bumper (my GT prototype sketch is on the IJC build thread...some think its quite funny but my kids like it for the Lightning Mcqueen feel!). And maybe while we are at it, we add a wing at the back.... something like the one on the old Class B Peugeot 205 rally car
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    Well, thats between devil n SK, they are going out tomorrow, maybe they can have the El'Duel there!

@ Charged, well I wouldn't call number of horses irrelevant, firstly you need more horses to have better power to weight ratio. Even otherwise you need more horses to break the wind (u know what I mean ). For most 4X4's the frontal drag becomes entirely relevant at speeds above 100-120kmph!
    Well yes bhp is not entirely irrelevant since it plays a part in power to weight formula but it cant be compared to see which goes fast I'm sure you got my drift NN.

Uzi
    Curb weight: 3196 pounds
    BHP: 260 @ crank
    Power to weight ratio: 1bhp : 12.3pounds

Evo
    Curb weight: 4343 pounds
    BHP: 276 @ crank
    Power to weight ratio: 1 bhp : 15.7pounds

So if SK has the drive train ratios right... he should be faster.
    There ain't no mud deep enough and no mountain high enough when you've got a LAND ROVER

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well yes bhp is not entirely irrelevant since it plays a part in power to weight formula but it cant be compared to see which goes fast I'm sure you got my drift NN.

Uzi

Evo

@charged

Nice stats there.....the EVO is under 2 ton domain and thats not very helpful if you just consider the weight part....but the IRS is the real hidden gem which keeps it handling so well under all trying circumstances...it was never meant for drags! Btw, it is good to see you support VWs now as the lame landy never did anything worthy at the DAKAR scene!!!

@SK

Spoilers, skirts, lips.....wow.....this is getting sexier by the minute!

@NN

Even if you are a part of the EL'DUEL....don't forget to make a (dirty) video out of it!

@saidhi @desertdevil

Guys you know your horses more than I do but.....lose those BFGs saidhi.... they are too tall.... go stock...265/70/16 and asad get the set off the 3000...265/70/15....you'll both be better off with OEM sizes meaning shorter gear ratios and quicker redlines!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Mitsu_man

Don't call landy's lame... I get pissed!. They were never meant for rallies..they do important things and they will always be far too busy doing those things than showing up to pose for pictures; what landies do pajeros cant even imagine. They are super capable vehicles and I say this cuz I know my cars better than most here! We met at the snow cross but didn't chat... should have done that it would have been interesting!

And its amazing how VW has turned Mitus world upside down at dakar! You'd be very wrong when you say "it is good to see you support VWs now". In my 25 years of life there has always been a VW/Audi in my family and even now I have 4 Volkswagen parked outside. When I say Volkswagen here I am not talking about Beetles. I'm as crazy about vws as you are about mitsus!

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Uzi

Evo

You have made it look very simple n predictable. No other variable in your equation, like how broad the power band might be, how broad the torque band may be, finally the aerodynamics. Your equation applies to initial to mid phase acceleration, but after that it doesn't.

I would stand by a decent stock Evo beating this FJ40 UZi.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You have made it look very simple n predictable. No other variable in your equation, like how broad the power band might be, how broad the torque band may be, finally the aerodynamics. Your equation applies to initial to mid phase acceleration, but after that it doesn't.

NN: Torque, traction, and aerodynamics would be important factors as you point out.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

very nice discussion ..loving it..
    Umer Siddiqui ... Inline Six .... ** 2JZ-GE **

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, all thing apart, we must appreciate some excellent work done by SK with his team in making this enormously enjoyable vehicle. Well done SK!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wah.. . Guys.. Very interesting indeed.. To me what is most interesting and heartwarming is that everyone is involved in a decent debate between one Factory built and acclaimed Evo and one Pakistani built FJ40. From where I stand guys, The Concordia UZi is a winner regardless of the drag outcome. . Needless to say, I stand by The Concordia. . Hats off to all involved in building it from scratch.

BTW. While still on Duels and all. Lets have a Landy vs Mitsu offroad Duel while we are at it.. . Lols.
    Ehsan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, all thing apart, we must appreciate some excellent work done by SK with his team in making this enormously enjoyable vehicle. Well done SK!
    @NN

I agree totally.....

@SK WELL DONE, BRAVO, TAALEEEAN........created a monster good for taking on the mighty MITSUs.......just kidding.....I think all jokes and praises aside, SK's work speaks volume of his enthusiasm and dedication to his project and very frankly am yet to come across a project bigger than this .... three cheers for you, amigo!

@charged

Haha....come on.... was just pulling your leg....Firstly, VWs are pretty decent machines and secondly (more importantly) am no one to interfere in your love life! Would have loved a conversation with you at the meet but luckily I got away, unscathed!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes it is very simple the way I have put it you are right about other variables coming in to play. But I am just trying to keep things simple here since we do not have a way of measuring everything. Just talking about other things... MIVEC should have a wider power band since it has variable valve timing and thats what they do widen the power band. Drag coefficient shouldn't be much different since evo is a bit curvy but has a windshield whereas uzi is boxy but has lesser surface area. And the drag can be 0-120 or 140 sprint. It is fair since its gonna be the same for both the vehicles.

I'm not saying that uzi is faster i'm just saying that it should be and I hope it is!! That would be sick!!!! like super sickkk!

When a car you build performs and blows the modern competition away... the state of mind you will be in is like no other!! You will only understand it once you have built one and blown the competition. That's why people who build cars can't really be satisfied with new out of the show room cars.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ehsankiani View Post
    Wah.. . Guys.. Very interesting indeed.. To me what is most interesting and heartwarming is that everyone is involved in a decent debate between one Factory built and acclaimed Evo and one Pakistani built FJ40. From where I stand guys, The Concordia UZi is a winner regardless of the drag outcome. . Needless to say, I stand by The Concordia. . Hats off to all involved in building it from scratch.

BTW. While still on Duels and all. Lets have a Landy vs Mitsu offroad Duel while we are at it.. . Lols.
    Ehsan
    Anytime doc...

I'm gonna kick butt like never before!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MITSU_MAN View Post
    @NN

I agree totally.....

@SK WELL DONE, BRAVO, TAALEEEAN........created a monster good for taking on the mighty MITSUs.......just kidding.....I think all jokes and praises aside, SK's work speaks volume of his enthusiasm and dedication to his project and very frankly am yet to come across a project bigger than this .... three cheers for you, amigo!

@charged

Haha....come on.... was just pulling your leg....Firstly, VWs are pretty decent machines and secondly (more importantly) am no one to interfere in your love life! Would have loved a conversation with you at the meet but luckily I got away, unscathed!
    I wont say anything further... I'll save it for the day we meet!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anytime doc...

I'm gonna kick butt like never before!!
    @desertdevil

Beep beep warning....DOUBLE TROUBLE.....UZi first and now the Landy.... that for sure lands you up in hot soup territory (and thank god I am too far away...safe).....these guys mean business! Wonder what bad did the Mitsus do to them back there sometime.......???
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh yess!! My brother and I refer to SK and Doc as Kiani brothers and we also say that Kiani brothers are equipped with balls of steel!! I think this says it all. Hehe... I'm not sure if i'm suppose to say this online but i have said it.

You are inspirational doc.. I must say. I have my project in mind as well and I will put in every bit of what I know about cars in that project and my God from where I see its gonna be one hell of a machine. It will have no boundaries.. Mud, sand, rock, IJC wali offroading.. its gonna do the lot, even I am impressed with the picture stuck in my head!!

Just thinkin about it puts a big smile on my face

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mitsu man..lolz..