Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Anyone know the gear ratios on the Evo?

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Anyone know the gear ratios on the Evo?

    Just out of curiousity, but useful if maybe @Mitsuman can maybe school us on Mitsu gear ratios! Also for @Saidhi, @DesertDevil, @MMC as to what ratios do their desert racing / road raging pajeros run?

    BTW its not a trick question as I recall seeing some numbers on the net but can't really recall and too lazy to look it up at this stage And just to clarify curious about diff gear ratios only!

    Cheers,
    SK

    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  2. #41
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    desertdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raohamid View Post
    So, SK, are you proposing Toyota engine with a Mitsu gearbox

    Forgive me for I have sinned lately, and you know how it is, once a sinner, always a sinner.

    RKR-MMC-Jugaar
    hahahahaaha good one Rao

  3. #42
    PakWheeler Follow
    MITSU_MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    47
    Posts
    872
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raohamid View Post
    I hate rich people . Amigo, all I know is that you better keep your phone on during that week Don't worry, taking along an extra clutch plate, a fuel pump, an Oil Control Valve, 4 brake calipers, 4 extra shocks, lots of HOBC, for the rest, I've figured it out. If it doesn't feel like it should, start pressing on the grips to the sensors, its magic. Lots more interesting than your boring, stock, unused army of Pajeros. Oh baby, you should feel the torque in low range!!!! And no problem, if the sinner, starts sinning, I will have big truck back ups courtesy TEAM UNIMOG

    On a serious note, I knew all this when the jugaar started, so cannot complain unless the engine dies totally. But then we'll have an excuse to blame Toyota. Can't lose either way.

    Sinned.
    @RAO

    Hahaha......in due course of time and when you get as many grays as I have, you'll have your fair share (unless you plan to jump the wagon and join a political party to get quick sleazy money amigo).....
    .....and says who mine are parked.....this is hardly 2 weeks ago.....feast your eyes, carefully


    Anyone know the gear ratios on the Evo? - 239958 Anyone know the gear ratios on the Evo

    Anyone know the gear ratios on the Evo? - 239963 Anyone know the gear ratios on the Evo  135

    Anyone know the gear ratios on the Evo? - 239964 Anyone know the gear ratios on the Evo  147

    Anyone know the gear ratios on the Evo? - 239965 Anyone know the gear ratios on the Evo  125

    Anyone know the gear ratios on the Evo? - 239966 Anyone know the gear ratios on the Evo  167

    Pardon the size or image quality as PW is not loading 'em up in their original format!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

  4. #43
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    DeeDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,029
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raohamid View Post
    I hate rich people . Amigo, all I know is that you better keep your phone on during that week Don't worry, taking along an extra clutch plate, a fuel pump, an Oil Control Valve, 4 brake calipers, 4 extra shocks, lots of HOBC, for the rest, I've figured it out. If it doesn't feel like it should, start pressing on the grips to the sensors, its magic. Lots more interesting than your boring, stock, unused army of Pajeros. Oh baby, you should feel the torque in low range!!!! And no problem, if the sinner, starts sinning, I will have big truck back ups courtesy TEAM UNIMOG
    Guru G for all your K in North 2011 stuff we have lot of space in Dee and BeeMog.... for HOBC we will allocate space per square ltrs .... no worries and bring in yourself in Tora Bora and G4 clan will handle all the DIYs InshaAllah.... and yes we hate rich people hahahahaha
    Still Play with Mogs... DeeMog 421.129 1986... http://www.youtube.com/user/DeeMog421
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/4x4-clubs-off-roaders-suv/87109-team-unimog-punga-project

  5. #44
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    raohamid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,176
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MITSU_MAN View Post
    @RAO

    Hahaha......in due course of time and when you get as many grays as I have, you'll have your fair share (unless you plan to jump the wagon and join a political party to get quick sleazy money amigo).....
    .....and says who mine are parked.....this is hardly 2 weeks ago.....feast your eyes, carefully


    One, I want to know the name of the political party you joined. Two, using one of your 18 gazillion Pajeros is like mourning over one ant's death over their entire worldly population. I can't decide which is better. BTW, pics not visible right now. Also answer, have you started it since two weeks ago? Be honest now Just pulling your leg amigo, I'm innocent .

    MMC
    I will miss her, that RKR. She will always be the one that got away.
    But, life goes on. From RKR to MMC. 4x4 Engaged? Team Unimog, Pakistan

  6. #45
    PakWheeler Follow
    MITSU_MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    47
    Posts
    872
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raohamid View Post
    One, I want to know the name of the political party you joined. Two, using one of your 18 gazillion Pajeros is like mourning over one ant's death over their entire worldly population. I can't decide which is better. BTW, pics not visible right now. Also answer, have you started it since two weeks ago? Be honest now Just pulling your leg amigo, I'm innocent .

    MMC
    @RAO
    ......Honestly, you are correct as it is parked in Isloo and was last seen running exactly two Sundays ago! Will try uploading the pics again, PW probably needs to revamp their intake management system!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

  7. #46
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @nn: I just recalled something.... your experiment of doing 0-60mph on your TLC100 in 2H vs 4L !!!! From what I recall both were around 11-12 secs!!??? I forget but did you also mention that you had tried running the TLC in 4L at Cholistan, if so was just curious as to what was the feel!
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  8. #47
    nn
    nn is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    12,094
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    @nn: I just recalled something.... your experiment of doing 0-60mph on your TLC100 in 2H vs 4L !!!! From what I recall both were around 11-12 secs!!??? I forget but did you also mention that you had tried running the TLC in 4L at Cholistan, if so was just curious as to what was the feel!

    Yup did try 4L in cholistan (used only for a short while). TLC transfer case ratio is 1:2.48, so that means roughly 387NM times 2.48 = 950NM (hopefully 800NM equivalent available at wheels), so in sand it was awesome pick-up compared to 4H, problem was top speed limited to just below 100, so wasn't practical in cholistan race with plenty fast straights. . (Even in qualifying there was a straight where I hit 115+).

  9. #48
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    Yup did try 4L in cholistan (used only for a short while). TLC transfer case ratio is 1:2.48, so that means roughly 387NM times 2.48 = 950NM (hopefully 800NM equivalent available at wheels), so in sand it was awesome pick-up compared to 4H, problem was top speed limited to just below 100, so wasn't practical in cholistan race with plenty fast straights. . (Even in qualifying there was a straight where I hit 115+).
    @nn: Thanks for sharing! It seems that the bigger/shorter the ratio the better! In the context of desert racing i.e. provided the engine and trans can handle the load!
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •