Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 4x4 in water

Dear Friends

I hav seen lots of videos of jeeps running in water/streams/lakes/deep khawars but still not confident to do the same stunt myself. I hav 1996 Prado 1kz. Pl tell me how deep i can take it in water, what to do about silencer and other electrical parts/ battery etc. I guess for silencer an extended pipe may help.

Looking forward to ur replies.

Asad Sethi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nomi1234 View Post
    Asad, water crossing is a very technical event. its not only how deep you can go but how to approach a crossing, whether the water is standing or flowing, if flowing how fast is it, are there rocks or other debris submerged in the flowing water, what kind of surface is beneth the water i.e is it rocky or mud or sand etc, whether you can see the bottom and can judge the depth of it or not...
    these are all important questions you have to ask and get answers to before you put your vehicle in water whether equipped with snorkel or not. e.g snorkle will not save you if the water is flowing very fast and carries with it rocks and stuff as is the case in most northern area streams. or if you go to a pond, the water migh just reach your bumper but you'll get bogged down in the silty, muddy bottom.
    So to answer your questions, the first part is you need a snorkel ideally to attempt water crossing. if you don't have one then you can safely put your vehicle in the water without causing any technical harm as long as it doesn't reach your air intake, a good rule of thumb is that the water shouldn't reach above your bumper.
    secondly for any fast flowing stream or any other type of water try to see how fast its flowing, moving water has surprising force and can easily lift and sweep away vehicles, anything getting up to your doors is going to be exerting tons of pressure so avoid such situations.
    Also, make sure you can tell how deep the water is before entering it, as there might be holes or sudden drops beneath the surface, best way is to walk the length of the track underwater.
    enterance angle for crossing a fast moving stream is another point, never go directly perpendicular to the fast moving stream, start off a bit upstream and go across at an angle, aim for point higher than where you intend to exit and the flow will drag you to the right spot.
    hope this doesn't discourage you from taking on one of the best part of offroading
    thanks u nomi1234, i m not discouraged but cautious. I hope this will help us out. Many thanks once again for the detailed post

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hay Nomi.. tu q maray csn ko dara raha ha. Choro bachay ko enjoy karnay do. But one thing to keep in mind dont go fast in water. Go slowly and baki sab ho jay ga.

Aka bhai.. U dont take tension and go baki mai sambhal lou ga
    And U hvnt post a single statment in Frontiier Offroading club abt ur this inquiry. Apno say to help loo na. Agar na melay thn go 4 others.

Hay Nomi.. U no Salman ka putar huva ha

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imransavul View Post
    Hay Nomi.. U no Salman ka putar huva ha
    ofcourse i know..chmatkaar ho gaya
    I may get Lost But I don't get stuck!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ asadsethi ... I drove my old prado, (1996 Colorado version) at Dhamaka Jheel (located in swat around 60kms from kalam) till it's bonnet without any problems ... So go ahead and try it out .. But do wear a life jacket in case of emergency
    "" PAKISTAN ZINDABAD ""

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khanrocks View Post
    @ asadsethi ... I drove my old prado, (1996 Colorado version) at Dhamaka Jheel (located in swat around 60kms from kalam) till it's bonnet without any problems ... So go ahead and try it out .. But do wear a life jacket in case of emergency
    hahaha , yar dubai say life jacket bhijwa dain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List