0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Petrol vs Diesel jeeps

Which engine is best for jeeps in Pakistan, in terms of performance, power and economy.

Which is more powerful?
    Is D4W engine better and powerful than petrol engine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nobody knows about engines? Strange

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Bro i hope this article is helpful for you.
    A diesel engine is more easily turbocharged than a petrol engine. A petrol engine cannot be easily turbocharged due to the fact that if the compression ratio and the pressure in the cylinder is to high during the inlet stroke, the mixture starts to burn to soon, while the piston is on its way up. The diesel engine has no fuel in the cylinder, thus letting the turbocharger suck as much air as it can without creating any problems. (A turbo charger is a simple air compressor which compresses air in the combustion chamber for burning). Some diesel engines also have an intercooler which helps in blowing cold and oxygen rich air in the combustion chamber.

Electronic engine management not necessary in diesel engines. Some modern diesel engines are gaining electronically controlled injection pumps, but the vast majority of them out there have purely mechanical pumps. In fact no electricity is required to make a diesel engine run, except for a simple fuel cut off solenoid so that you can switch the thing off! If your alternator stops working, then you’re gonna get home in a diesel. This also means that a diesel engine does not have any ignition breakers, ignition coils, distributors and ignition wires to go bad. So a diesel engine should start no matter if it is dry or rainy or wet.
    Petrol destroys lubrication and burns the engine whereas diesel doesnt. So a diesel engine would last longer than a petrol engine.
    Petrol engines are lighter than diesel engines.
    Diesel engines have higher torque than petrol engines. What does this mean? Well, this means that a diesel engine would pull heavy loads easily than a petrol engine. Though the pickup of a petrol engine would be much more than that of a diesel engine, the diesel engine would be steady and carry heavier loads to longer distances.
    Diesel engines have better fuel efficiency as compared to petrol due to the fact that they have higher compression ratio.
    Diesel engines dont need an ignition system, which reduces their complexity. But they are more noisy and may require frequent maintenance as compared to petrol engines. Also they are more durable.
    Diesel engines may also need glow plugs in extreme cold conditions which heat up the cylinder so that a cold engine can start easily.
    And now the most important part, fuel economy. Diesel wins in both ways. Diesel engines give better mileage than petrol engines.
    About D4W engine.. i don,t have any idea about this coz this is a search engine .maybe you are asking about modren D4D diesel engine,

D-4D actually stands for direct Injection 4 Cylinder Common Rail Diesel Engine. Common rail diesels inject a fine mist of fuel into the engine at very high pressure. The result is the same power and refinement as a petrol engine, but with better fuel efficiency and lower emissions.
    Toyota D-4D engines are not just noteworthy for their smooth, linear torque, though: that's a characteristic of most modern diesel engines. What D-4Ds are noteworthy for is their unusually high power outputs, equivalent to that of many competitors' similarly-sized petrol engines. The D-4D's rev range is also usefully wider than normal, further enhancing the driving experience.
    I don,t believe in taking right decisions, i take decisions and make them right !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

engines with more torques at low rpms

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Qaisrani View Post
    Hi Bro i hope this article is helpful for you.
    A diesel engine is more easily turbocharged than a petrol engine. A petrol engine cannot be easily turbocharged due to the fact that if the compression ratio and the pressure in the cylinder is to high during the inlet stroke, the mixture starts to burn to soon, while the piston is on its way up. The diesel engine has no fuel in the cylinder, thus letting the turbocharger suck as much air as it can without creating any problems. (A turbo charger is a simple air compressor which compresses air in the combustion chamber for burning). Some diesel engines also have an intercooler which helps in blowing cold and oxygen rich air in the combustion chamber.

Electronic engine management not necessary in diesel engines. Some modern diesel engines are gaining electronically controlled injection pumps, but the vast majority of them out there have purely mechanical pumps. In fact no electricity is required to make a diesel engine run, except for a simple fuel cut off solenoid so that you can switch the thing off! If your alternator stops working, then you’re gonna get home in a diesel. This also means that a diesel engine does not have any ignition breakers, ignition coils, distributors and ignition wires to go bad. So a diesel engine should start no matter if it is dry or rainy or wet.
    Petrol destroys lubrication and burns the engine whereas diesel doesnt. So a diesel engine would last longer than a petrol engine.
    Petrol engines are lighter than diesel engines.
    Diesel engines have higher torque than petrol engines. What does this mean? Well, this means that a diesel engine would pull heavy loads easily than a petrol engine. Though the pickup of a petrol engine would be much more than that of a diesel engine, the diesel engine would be steady and carry heavier loads to longer distances.
    Diesel engines have better fuel efficiency as compared to petrol due to the fact that they have higher compression ratio.
    Diesel engines dont need an ignition system, which reduces their complexity. But they are more noisy and may require frequent maintenance as compared to petrol engines. Also they are more durable.
    Diesel engines may also need glow plugs in extreme cold conditions which heat up the cylinder so that a cold engine can start easily.
    And now the most important part, fuel economy. Diesel wins in both ways. Diesel engines give better mileage than petrol engines.
    About D4W engine.. i don,t have any idea about this coz this is a search engine .maybe you are asking about modren D4D diesel engine,

D-4D actually stands for direct Injection 4 Cylinder Common Rail Diesel Engine. Common rail diesels inject a fine mist of fuel into the engine at very high pressure. The result is the same power and refinement as a petrol engine, but with better fuel efficiency and lower emissions.
    Toyota D-4D engines are not just noteworthy for their smooth, linear torque, though: that's a characteristic of most modern diesel engines. What D-4Ds are noteworthy for is their unusually high power outputs, equivalent to that of many competitors' similarly-sized petrol engines. The D-4D's rev range is also usefully wider than normal, further enhancing the driving experience.
    Thank you for guiding me in detail, but i am new and dumb about cars and engines. Can you please help me out in choosing Engine for Jeep? i need a very powerful jeep, on the other day while surfing internet i read 5L is very powerful engine. So can you tell me Which is better D4D or5 5L.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't go for D4D engine as Diesel available in Pakistan is having high Sulphur, which ruins these sophisticated engines.
    '73 Corona MarkII...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its more of a personal choise.. For me.. Its diesel khappay
    75% of earth is covered by water... the rest by Jeep
    www.brokenknucklegarage.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ansarghani View Post
    Don't go for D4D engine as Diesel available in Pakistan is having high Sulphur, which ruins these sophisticated engines.
    Agreed. then why Toyota is offering D4D in Hilux vigo in Pakistan?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Diesel
    Honda Boys..Powered by R18!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Agreed. then why Toyota is offering D4D in Hilux vigo in Pakistan?
    As far as i know Toyota has stopped offering D4D engines in Pakistan due to similar issue.
    '73 Corona MarkII...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All hilux (Pakistan assembled) are with D4D engines. Personly i like D4D engine.The D-4D's rev range is also usefully wider than normal.same power and refinement as a petrol engine but with better fuel efficiency.
    High sulfur diesel will probably not be a problem if you are changing engine oil every 5000km.
    Most current common rail systems use solenoid injectors, actuated by a magnetic field generated by an electric current.D-4D Clean Power engine uses piezoelectric technology, a first in its displacement class.
    The principle behind this technology is the capacity of certain materials to deform when an electrical charge is applied and return to their original state when the current is removed. This concept is applied to the new engine, with each injector composed of a stack of piezoelectric ceramic elements. When an electric current is applied to the stack, the elements instantly expand, allowing the fuel from the common rail to be injected into the cylinder. This means more fuel can be injected in a shorter time than is possible with conventional injectors. This in turn leads to greater fuel atomisation and more precise injection timing.
    There are many advantages to this system. For instance, the new piezoelectric injectors operate 10 times quicker than solenoids when producing an injection and can perform up to five injections per cycle, with a single pilot injection at hot idle and multiple injection at partial load. With piezoelectric technology, pilot injection can be optimised, substantially reducing combustion noise.
    Toyota’s piezoelectric common rail system produces the highest injection pressure (1800 bar) and the highest number of injections per cycle of any system of its type. Toyota is the first manufacturer to bring this diesel technology to the mainstream car market.
    I don,t believe in taking right decisions, i take decisions and make them right !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by akifjanjua View Post
    Its more of a personal choise.. For me.. Its diesel khappay
    For me its Diesel khappy, Petrol thappay and CNG zindabad.... You should have one of each
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

there is no match of diesel engine... I love it
    Be nice to the ppl while going up.. you might meet them on your way down

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes diesel engine, specialy D4D.
    It's better to lose your EGO to the one you LOVE.Than to lose your LOVE because of your EGO.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

diesel engine best petrol engine for cars
    lions love land rovers mikaal and mothshim

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

diesel engines produce all the torque in the lower useful rpm range - more useful for everyday driving

petrol engines produce more horsepower but are not as torquey, going uphill, a diesel will pull greater loads quickly.

as for d4d or other commonrail diesel engines, they're a HUGE improvement over the engines of previous years. more torque in a wider useful rpm range, and more hp, and less emissions and less carbon (soot).

For city driving i would choose a commonrail diesel.
    For high speed racing a comparable petrol engine would win.

As for which engine to go for in a 4x4:
    they're usually very heavy and built like a tank, so a diesel would be more economical and give a much better drive to pull all that weight...
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lately seen 4x4s converted to petrol were being pushed around in rain water in lahore and karachi,water splash to petrol engine makes it unworthy take diesels into even 4 feet with snorkel no problem
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

one over whelming reason i would prefer diesel theres never a second self starter effort once batteries plus fuel pump tuned in what so ever conditios but with petrol engine many times you may require second effort
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Boost the speec of Diesel engine.

Hello, slam. I think you are a mechanic. Can you tell me how to increase the speed of diesel engine. It goes on 110km usually, and by chance at 140kmph. Can I boost it? if then how?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Petrol vs Diesel jeeps -1062543

I wonder if these monsters let you down on different trails/terrain with their petrol motors - Pentastar's and HEMI's??

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List