Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default SJ410 Coil Suspension Conversion

Hi,

Ive been looking at coil suspension conversion on sj's as my jeeps suspension is ROCK hard, has no comfort and handling on-road and hasn't got quite the flex i want...Not the vehicle to take chicks for a ride in..haha.
    It also leans to the right as the front right leaf is giving in..AgAiN (shortly after retensioning all the leafs)! All this could be a result of my shackle lift and retensioning my springs... not happy.

So I thought the coil conversion option might be the most challenging option, but will give the best over all result. And would be nice to have something different.

Which coil springs would you guys suggest are the best to use for the sj410 coil spring conversion?? Im looking for a relatively decent on-road stability (must be safe, but not too fussy) with much more comfort on road and flexability off-road compared to what i have now. My vehicle is used mostly on road but i do the ocassional 4X4 challenge. I have the standard sj410v engine so the vehicle weight is about the same as any other standard sj410.
    I'd also like the springs to give me an additional +-60mm lift compared to the original sj410 ground clearance with by the standard leaf springs, for articulation with my Pit Bull tires.

What advise can u guys give meSJ410 Coil Suspension Conversion - huh

Also if anyone has done such a conversion, pics would be greatly appreciated.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bluz View Post
    Hi,

Ive been looking at coil suspension conversion on sj's as my jeeps suspension is ROCK hard, has no comfort and handling on-road and hasn't got quite the flex i want...Not the vehicle to take chicks for a ride in..haha.
    It also leans to the right as the front right leaf is giving in..AgAiN (shortly after retensioning all the leafs)! All this could be a result of my shackle lift and retensioning my springs... not happy.

So I thought the coil conversion option might be the most challenging option, but will give the best over all result. And would be nice to have something different.

Which coil springs would you guys suggest are the best to use for the sj410 coil spring conversion?? Im looking for a relatively decent on-road stability (must be safe, but not too fussy) with much more comfort on road and flexability off-road compared to what i have now. My vehicle is used mostly on road but i do the ocassional 4X4 challenge. I have the standard sj410v engine so the vehicle weight is about the same as any other standard sj410.
    I'd also like the springs to give me an additional +-60mm lift compared to the original sj410 ground clearance with by the standard leaf springs, for articulation with my Pit Bull tires.

What advise can u guys give meSJ410 Coil Suspension Conversion - huh

Also if anyone has done such a conversion, pics would be greatly appreciated.
    You will need to stock it up on Jimny Coils.
    The guy you want to contact for this job is Saqib Janjua, (PakWheels a.k.a. Janj) of the 4x4 Engaged? club in Lahore.

He will ensure a decent and reliable job ensuring your safety requirements.
    TLC FJ90 SWB ~ 1KZ-TE ~ 50mm OEM Lift

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List