Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help required, can't find a good Pajero Engine Mechanic, ISB/RWP

Dear PW Members,

I own a Mitsubishi Pajero 3 Door 1997 (Field Master), it is a 2.8L 4M40 Turbo Diesel Inter-Cooled. I am having this *** problem with it's fuel injector pump, my Pajero's engine rpm vary when left idle, go from 800 to 1000 revs, also when i push the acceleration paddle and take the engine to higher revs like 3000 and i leave it idle, the rpm even drop to 300 or 400 before they start varying between 800 and 1000.

Got my injector nozzles replaced, got my fuel tank and line cleaned too, also got the inter-cooler cleaned but all this didn't help.

The last remaining thing is the fuel injector pump and its electronic.

Is there a good Pajero mechanic in RWP or ISB where i can get it check, went to Mitsubishi Islamabad Motors too, they checked it with their computer equipment, got some freaking engine error codes and said we will replace it as there is no lab for it in Pakistan :O.

Please Help!

Regards
    Ozman

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what were the error codes? Buy some liqui moly "purge" and run it mixed with about 25% diesel fuel - it will surely clean the internals of the pump.

btw what nozzles and what breaking pressure are they set to. This sort of case also affects the 1KZ-TE toyota engine - its got a similar system, and if the nozzle pressures are not exactly calibrated the engine may hunt at idle like yours.

On the nissan RD28 - with electronic pump and equipped in a Patrol, the problem occurs as very very hard starting, in that case the timing advance piston gets stuck in full advance and full fuel - causing it to lose "timing" and not start or start and hunt like crazy.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    what were the error codes? Buy some liqui moly "purge" and run it mixed with about 25% diesel fuel - it will surely clean the internals of the pump.

btw what nozzles and what breaking pressure are they set to. This sort of case also affects the 1KZ-TE toyota engine - its got a similar system, and if the nozzle pressures are not exactly calibrated the engine may hunt at idle like yours.

On the nissan RD28 - with electronic pump and equipped in a Patrol, the problem occurs as very very hard starting, in that case the timing advance piston gets stuck in full advance and full fuel - causing it to lose "timing" and not start or start and hunt like crazy.
    Dear Xulfiqar Bra,

They were some bosch 135... don't remember the exact number.

the problem was there with the old one's too and one can't expect these local mechanics to exactly calibrate the nozzle pressures.

I hope i can find an expert like you here in Pakistan.

Thanks for the reply!

Regards
    Ozman

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You need to contact some heavy duty diesel labs like Diesel Power systems in Karachi, they can lead you in the right direction.

OR you can look for a repair manual for your engine - but you would have to make sense of the workings, measurements and outputs for your engine. Eventually the problem will surface itself.

A little question.

Did this problem start occuring after you had your HOT engine washed at the "service centre"

A word of advice is to never ever put water on an operating temperature diesel pump, the reason is that the tolerances are very very tiny and the temperature shock can cause parts to warp and sometimes also sieze. If you wish to wash down your diesel engine - make sure it has not been run in the past 6 or 8 hours.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Bra,

Got this ride from Saudi embassy last year in June, it was owned by an embassy employ and was driven just around 73000KM.

The problem was there even before i got the ride, however, it didn't effect the performance much back then and not even now but i can't stand it.

I am pretty sure the engine must have been washed when hot as many people like me don't have much idea what harm it could do. I remember my self washing it when hot back in June this year.

And by my experience of last 1 year I think I'll have to establish a small workshop at my home for engine maintenance and repair as most of the local mechanics don't know what they are doing except replacing things and can't guide you in the proper direction.

The problem is, i don't know what tool and other equipment I'll require, may be you can help me a bit.

Regards
    Ozman!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Young autos on Peshawar Road is famous for Pajero work. They charge heavy though.

Also nearby is a workshop EFi Tech, Guys name is Haji ishaq 03335108847. he is a toyota guy but very knowledgeable about other brands as well and does not mislead you. Again he charges heavy

Limitation waith these two guys is that they have to rely on some diesel lab and thats where our hands get cut.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Poster, Go to EFi Tech Haji Ishaque on Peshawar Road. I am sure, he can help you. As mentioned by Spectra Brother, He is indeed a knowledge able man regardless of what car/suv he is up to
    Peace TV : The Solution for Humanity

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks spectra and autoSlave, will visit there tomorrow!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List