Yesterday for the first time i participated in the 4X4 event being organised by IJC near Simly dam area.
I took my suzuki LJ50, 2 stroke, 540cc and the result was around 70% against my expectations. There are few questions, which if answered, i shall be able to perform better in future.
1. On climbing a slippery area, why momentum is required more than power as most of the people were climbing with 4L and 2nd top gear? One yellow colored willys with diesel even did it with 4L/ 3rd gear.
2. If at all one has to go in 2nd gear with 4L, why not to go in 1st gear with 4H. Will there be any difference in 4L/ 2nd gear and 4H/ 1st gear?
3. Why not to climb without momentum, with very slow speed (almost zero speed), with 4L and 1st gear having proper mud tyres.
4. Wider tyres do matter but yesterday most of the easy going vehicles were with the original willys or potohar tyres which are not too wide, hardly 5" in width.
5. On the climb, on which i failed, in the first attempt, i tried with 4L/ 1st gear but due to no momentum covered only 40% of the climb. On the second attempt, i tried it with 4L/ 2nd gear, i covered 85% of the climb but got stuck there because of loss of power. I had purely on road tyres, unsuitable for slippery terrain. Pls explain this situation and recommend for future.
Waiting for replies.
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad