Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Neead Help (Mitsu, TLC, Kia Sportage, Nissan)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Neead Help (Mitsu, TLC, Kia Sportage, Nissan)

Assalam-o-Alaikum All,
    I am planning to buy an Offroader with the following requirements:

Comfort:
    By comfort i do not mean luxury. All i want to say that i would be traveling with my family so i need a vehicle which is a bit more comfortable than FJ40.

Travel:
    I would be traveling to, lets say
    Hilly Areas (Once in a year): Naran, Skardu, Hunza, Chitral, Kelash, Panjpir, Sardhai, Sakesar, Nathiagali,
    Motorway/GT Road/Highway (Twice a year): Lahore, Karachi.
    Daily Commute: 30km max

Fuel Economy:
    Currently i have Nissan Sunny (1997) Diesel 2000cc. And its giving me around 14km/l. I can afford upto 10-11km/l. But if anyone of you think i should go for petrol engine, as petrol is cheaper than diesel these days, please do mention it.

Maintenance:
    I know maintaining a diesel engine is quite a hassle. It needs love. . So again if any of you think that i should go for a petrol engine, than please do mention it.

Resale:
    Its not that a big issue for me.

Budget:
    I million PKR (MAX)

Parts Availability & Cost:
    Now i know Mitsu parts are expensive (i do not know abt the availability) but at the same time its purchase cost is also less. TLC parts are available (I do not know if they are cheaper than Mitsu's) but at the same time TLC's purchasing cost is high.

Currently, vehicles that i am looking into are:
    • Mitsubishi Pajero (3 door)
    • Toyota Land Cruiser (3 door)
    • Nissan Patrol/Safari (3 door)
    • Kia Sportage 2003

I am NOT a HARDCORE offroader but ive been to places where my current ride's road clearance, sometimes, becomes an issue and normally people do not take their sedans there. I like to explore new places and push the limits of my vehicle. Please do suggest me a suitable vehicle according to my requirements. Currently im inclined towards Mitsu with petrol engine but then again it has high maintenance and parts cost.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by madCYRUS View Post
    Sorry sir, i forgot to add smileys in my post
    And yeah im much happier and satisfied now... Thankyou!
    I like diesel myself so I will definitely go for diesel.
    Regarding the jeep thing... do you think i will spend 1 mil just to have a sausage fest in the wilderness with charra party? I definitely want more than just a jeep.
    Now as you mentioned that 2500 motor is not meant for motorways but i can go for 2800... how abt this one?

https://www.pakwheels.com/used-cars/...-lahore-267051

One more question... what if i want to take it more than 120km/h on motorway? Dont be mad... im just kidding!
    Lots of smileys eh!
    @madCYRUS

Glad to learn that you are happy now!
    2500/2800 with auto GBs would easily set themselves at 130 continously registering 3000 revs on the tacho! Now not debating heat up issues, I've even witnessed 1KZs with their hoods popped up on the M2! Its not exactly the brand, rather its the condition of the car that matters.....for example a 5 lakh 4D56 is more prone to seizing up on the motorway than same model which costs 8-9 and thats one fact you dont have to be a rocket scientist to understand!
    My argument is.....like in your case.....with a million to throw around.....I'd rather get a nicer Gen 2 Pajero than a battered (overpriced) TLC..... point is.... used Pajero being the cheaper, nicer, comfortable, good looking, good value for money car and the TLC.....under a million range?....only painful PROJECTS! Surf 90-92 yes but with that 2LT???.....well I'd rather bet my life on a 4D56 than to risk it against that head cracking notorious 2LT!

Re your link....landi renzo
    Might be someone's babe and criticism may not be welcomed, but frankly, can't make head or tail of it, add says 2800, guy says 2400, front badge says V6 3000 or 3500?......to say the least, it should stay where it is!

Re @saijidd's car....if LHD isn't an issue with you, it has my vote owing to clean history, authentic mileage, newer model and overall condition!

Alternatively, its a an open world out there, you ought to find your fairy, one day!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do not go thru any "projects" unless you are a 90% mechanic yourself. Been there, Suffered that !
    Pakwatan Explorer

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Have been using KIA Shortage oh I meant Sportage 2002 for last 05 years and am happy with it. It has given me its due share of problems but then any old car will.
    you can read my threads.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MITSU_MAN View Post
    @madCYRUS

Yup buddy you are right on the off the chart thing......I am different and that's why I like Mitsus......Would be driving TOYotas if were run of the mill material!!!
    Perhaps you didn't notice all the smileys and winks in my post......I mean most will laugh or atleast smile on what TRUTH I wrote over having old cars.....at not even one single time YOUR particular budget was in question.....was just a broad statement from my side! Believe me I do have a couple of 4x4s which fall well under that figure and yet I cherish 'em every time I take 'em out for a spin! Moreover, don't have any zero mile horse (even a zebra) in my stables! It's all up there in your gray matter.....if you redo one you are obviously more attached and that's the part I really enjoy......and, luckily or unluckily, am still not divorced so far!!!
    Coming to your Qs.....

The 2500 motor was never meant for motorways.....its a jeep thing you HAVE to understand.....keep it below 3000 revs and will trot along happily forever....now with a manual tranny thats not gonna happen.....look for an auto GB if you have M2 on the cards!
    2800, 3200 DI-D, 3000 V6, 3500 V6, 3800 V6.... both auto and manual are good to go 120 kms non stop!
    Re power delivery.....varies from 75 to 275 horses depending on the motor and say a million rupee 4M40 (2800) should get 125..... and thats pretty ample!
    Gasoline versions are cheaper to hold on to in the long term but engine parts have to be imported from UAE......for a first timer would suggest a Diesel motor!
    Happy??????
    @MITSU_MAN I bought it.... I took your advice... I bought a 3 door 91 Pajero!!!
    Aint no mountain high enough... Aint no valley too low!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i was going thru this post & saw people complaining the Pajero " HEAT-UP " problem.
    Actually most new people i also meet say that to me, that Pajero has heating problems.

The thing is, Pajero is a purely TAILORED Vehicle.
    means: company prescribed tyre size, oil, exhaust system & misc. good quality drivetrain parts.

You need all things to be working in perfect systematic-function to get the BEST Mpg + Overall enjoyment
    Then you will see How PAJERO became PEEJARO.

Cooling System:

I've seen people driving pajero without Coolant reservoir tank & Radiator Fan without Shroud & Bad Radiator Cap.
    People don't have respect & knowledge, How the cooling system works precisely.
    I've seen many pajeros with radiator-to-coolant reservoir pipe hanging around just like that
    OR even if they have reservoir tank, its tank is cracked/leaking
    OR its cap is broken OR in open space just like that, loosing all the pressure, means cooling system aint' working at all, you just have to keep filling water after every 2 days OR even after 1 day if much driving is done, many times during heavy traffic-n-go situations OR during long driving, most of the water is already evaporated thru the reservoir pipe & left with little water only, causing damage to radiator-to-engine hose pipe & radiator itself , as well as the whole engine. & people don't realize this.

specially old diesel pajero engines are already under-powered + Turbocharged, which brings the JUICE to full-fill the luxury+economy BOTH at the same time, for the reason you need to keep it in very original state-of-the-art condition as manufactured by Mitsubishi.

Also, if you do any alterations/modifications, make sure you are calculative enuff to match the engineering algorithm of the Mitsubishi.

BIG Tyres:

There's Only 1 BIG Advantage for Big Tyres= SHOW OFF RICER.
    Many people have CRAZE about fitting BIG Tyres. This is fooling urself.
    Big Tyre hurts Aerodynamics & Engine Energy.
    Offset OR Deep Dish Rims/Tyres also hurt aerodynamics.
    It is better to FIT Small but SOLID Quality tyres. 205-215 & 225 is MAXIMUM size.

EXHAUST:
    Most people don't even go there. Ever notice OR have little feeling, what going on under there?
    BAD Exhaust systems cause Back-Pressure, hence Killing Engine efficiency, & cause Overheating.
    FIX The whole EXHAUST System As soon as possible.

OIL:
    Most people don't know what OIL to give to their Respective Pajero Engines.
    Most people i see go for THICK Weight OILS, High Viscosity, dreaming & thinking that it will be very good for ENGINE.
    People do this because they want to see a Low-Noise Diesel engine.
    But they don't know that this will give Bad MPG & Hurt Engine cooling.

My recomendation is to Use a THIN Weight OIL, cause it flows easily & helps Engine to cool down FAST.
    USE Good quality company OIL , so when the ENGINE HEATS-UP HARD, the OIL does'nt breaks-up.
    Vehicle History: Pajero 1 & 2 (4d55 Non-Turbo - 4d56 Turbo & 4M40 I-C Turbo) / Land Cruiser BJ60(13B-T Turbo) / Nissan Patrol GQ(Td422 Non-Turbo)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

madCyrus suna hai you bought Mitsu? Where are the pics?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fuma View Post
    i was going thru this post & saw people complaining the Pajero " HEAT-UP " problem.
    Actually most new people i also meet say that to me, that Pajero has heating problems.

The thing is, Pajero is a purely TAILORED Vehicle.
    means: company prescribed tyre size, oil, exhaust system & misc. good quality drivetrain parts.

You need all things to be working in perfect systematic-function to get the BEST Mpg + Overall enjoyment
    Then you will see How PAJERO became PEEJARO.

Cooling System:

I've seen people driving pajero without Coolant reservoir tank & Radiator Fan without Shroud & Bad Radiator Cap.
    People don't have respect & knowledge, How the cooling system works precisely.
    I've seen many pajeros with radiator-to-coolant reservoir pipe hanging around just like that
    OR even if they have reservoir tank, its tank is cracked/leaking
    OR its cap is broken OR in open space just like that, loosing all the pressure, means cooling system aint' working at all, you just have to keep filling water after every 2 days OR even after 1 day if much driving is done, many times during heavy traffic-n-go situations OR during long driving, most of the water is already evaporated thru the reservoir pipe & left with little water only, causing damage to radiator-to-engine hose pipe & radiator itself , as well as the whole engine. & people don't realize this.

specially old diesel pajero engines are already under-powered + Turbocharged, which brings the JUICE to full-fill the luxury+economy BOTH at the same time, for the reason you need to keep it in very original state-of-the-art condition as manufactured by Mitsubishi.

Also, if you do any alterations/modifications, make sure you are calculative enuff to match the engineering algorithm of the Mitsubishi.

BIG Tyres:

There's Only 1 BIG Advantage for Big Tyres= SHOW OFF RICER.
    Many people have CRAZE about fitting BIG Tyres. This is fooling urself.
    Big Tyre hurts Aerodynamics & Engine Energy.
    Offset OR Deep Dish Rims/Tyres also hurt aerodynamics.
    It is better to FIT Small but SOLID Quality tyres. 205-215 & 225 is MAXIMUM size.

EXHAUST:
    Most people don't even go there. Ever notice OR have little feeling, what going on under there?
    BAD Exhaust systems cause Back-Pressure, hence Killing Engine efficiency, & cause Overheating.
    FIX The whole EXHAUST System As soon as possible.

OIL:
    Most people don't know what OIL to give to their Respective Pajero Engines.
    Most people i see go for THICK Weight OILS, High Viscosity, dreaming & thinking that it will be very good for ENGINE.
    People do this because they want to see a Low-Noise Diesel engine.
    But they don't know that this will give Bad MPG & Hurt Engine cooling.

My recomendation is to Use a THIN Weight OIL, cause it flows easily & helps Engine to cool down FAST.
    USE Good quality company OIL , so when the ENGINE HEATS-UP HARD, the OIL does'nt breaks-up.
    What an elaborate information!!! Thank you very much!!!

Currently i have 235/75/15 Michellin installed on my Mitsu are these good or should i change as per your suggestion to 225.
    Moreover, i am currently using Delo GOLD for Engine oil... is it fine?
    Aint no mountain high enough... Aint no valley too low!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List