Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By SuhaibKiani
  • 1 Post By veitnam
  • 2 Post By baburawan

Thread: WTB Restored CJ7 or M151

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asadsethi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,990
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default WTB Restored CJ7 or M151

    Guys i m in search of a 4x4 for off roading only. What u guys suggest CJ7 or M 151, both beautifully restored and RHD. What about the price range of these jeeps, maintanance and performance


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    There is a lot of difference between the CJ7 and the M151/Mutt/Commando and you can't compare the two by any means. The CJ7 is a complete 4x4 vehicle which if done properly, will stand up against modern 4x4s/SUVs both on and off the road. The Mutt is a unique vehicle which has limitations in terms of its restoration, modification and use....

    The restored CJ7 will invariably run a Toyota engine and perhaps gear and diffs too and will be much more expensive than the Mutt. A full and proper CJ7 restoration can cost PKR 700-900k in this day and age while a Mutt can perhaps be done much more cheaper as you have to mostly run stock parts on the vehicle....
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asadsethi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,990
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    There is a lot of difference between the CJ7 and the M151/Mutt/Commando and you can't compare the two by any means. The CJ7 is a complete 4x4 vehicle which if done properly, will stand up against modern 4x4s/SUVs both on and off the road. The Mutt is a unique vehicle which has limitations in terms of its restoration, modification and use....

    The restored CJ7 will invariably run a Toyota engine and perhaps gear and diffs too and will be much more expensive than the Mutt. A full and proper CJ7 restoration can cost PKR 700-900k in this day and age while a Mutt can perhaps be done much more cheaper as you have to mostly run stock parts on the vehicle....
    thanks shoaibkiani
    as u know i m a beginner off roader so dont know about these technicalities. If this is what u said then i think i would go for a well restored CJ 7

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hsumbal1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,427
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Go for CJ7
    -

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    veitnam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Abbotabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,241
    Follows
    7
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i think may b wrong mutt is like she male
    lions love land rovers mikaal and mothshim

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    jojimoji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dera ismail khan
    Posts
    277
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    hahahaahahha i think yOu are rite



    Quote Originally Posted by veitnam View Post
    i think may b wrong mutt is like she male

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    baburawan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    46
    Posts
    824
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Thumbs up

    Na karo pha jee, Mutt has all the tools to be proven Hard core Male, I call it first generation Hummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnam View Post
    i think may b wrong mutt is like she male
    Be nice to the ppl while going up.. you might meet them on your way down

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    blackandblind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baburawan View Post
    Na karo pha jee, Mutt has all the tools to be proven Hard core Male, I call it first generation Hummer.
    mutt is originally the brain child of hummer, but its good off the road. i had it for a year or so but then i sold it. original engine is way too powerful, but drive on road is pathetic.

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    baburawan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    46
    Posts
    824
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Thumbs up

    There are Mercedes to drive on road... who said mutt is a rally car. it is pure off-road gene, that's it
    Quote Originally Posted by blackandblind View Post
    mutt is originally the brain child of hummer, but its good off the road. i had it for a year or so but then i sold it. original engine is way too powerful, but drive on road is pathetic.
    Be nice to the ppl while going up.. you might meet them on your way down

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •