Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Land Cruiser Prado Vx Turbo Diesel 2004

Dear members
    I want to know what is the approximate price of Prado vx turbo diesel 2004 in Pakistan. This SUV is not available on Toyota-Indus motors web site. Further more i am resding abroad and allowed to import it under transfer of residence scheme but dont know how much duty and taxes will be applicable for this specific model. the engine of this model is 2950 cc (less tahn 3000).

Does there is any reliable chances of implementation of WTO in 2007 so that the vehicle be imported without duty? Unfortunately we in Pakistan are forced to buy 3rd class cars at much much higher prices coz of duties and taxes.

Regards
    Akbar

Attitude is a liitle thing which makes a big difference

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Akbar my story is very much like you. i am wait'g myself to see if pak will decrease duty on these cars, but so far i have not heard anything positive, there is rumor they might do something in this April. i want to bring prado from to pak either from UK or Japan. However i heard price new prado in pak is about 45 - 55m rs. which is extremely high for this car. It’s based on after duty, like car value + 100% duty is=to your car price in pak around 45-50lakh new model.
    Good Luck man if you hear anything else let me know as well. here is the link this might give you some more info about duty.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply.asp?TopicID=546&ForumID=1

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi guys,

I have taken my landcruiser to pakistan quite recently. It was 2998 cc toyota landcruiser LC4 D-4WD, manual. It was first registered in Uk on 8th september 2004.

Tax, duties + bribe is almost 2.8-2.9 million rupees. I have taken it to pakistan under personal baggage scheme, it is still sitting at islamad dry port. Customs need my original passport to get it cleared but since I am in Uk and busy with some other stuff, it is still there. Hope I will get it cleared sometime first week of march.

If you guys want to bring cars to pakistan, DONOT bring at islamabad, get it cleared at karachi. In karachi lots of vehicles get cleared every day, you spend less money bribing customs and less hassle.
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Dear members for your kind interest. The ex factory price/the price at which i got the said vehicle is 1/3rd that in pakistan. the prices in Pakistan are high because of 200% duty + 15% sales tax and bribes etc. The only benefit presently to those importing vehicles under TR scheme is that they can import models more than 2 years old plus price for taxation is calculated after annual depriciation of price. These two benifits arent available to other baggage schemes. we hear that by 2007 there will be reduction in duty but i personally thionk the local auto industry will keep bribing govt who will keep begging for extensions for exemptions to WTO or may still find other loop holes.
    Land Cruiser Prado Vx Turbo Diesel 2004 -617106
    Attitude is a liitle thing which makes a big difference

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List