2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    I see it, I see it.... nice big tires, big spacers and big steering wheel! Cool rig! And yes, coilovers and links is what I plan to do when I grow up or grow old, whicever comes first At least thats what the original plan was inspired by the TLC Icon rigs:
    Pakistan 4x4 Rally Thread -  Discussion - icon baja preview3Pakistan 4x4 Rally Thread -  Discussion - icon

yar is me to raakett mujay lagtay hain seday track pay yae orr kay ja raha hai ..any how its a set pic of set 4x4
    THE Word Impossible is in the Dictionary of Fools!
    "4x4 are built NOT bought"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am loving this thread....very knowledgable discussions....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aark30 View Post
    yar is me to raakett mujay lagtay hain seday track pay yae orr kay ja raha hai ..any how its a set pic of set 4x4
    Raakett indeed, this Limited Baja Edition Icon FJ40 is powered by 450HP LS series V8 and the the coilovers running Eibach springs are claimed to have 12 inches of travel (though personally I don't think thats possible with the 35s and current fender trim). Nevertheless, it has hydraulic bumpstops to soften the landings and would remain air happy with lightweight alloy block engine (about same weight as a 1UZ) and heavy dynatrack axles....

There was a video for this photo shoot but seems to have been taken off the air. This is one of the only other highspeed-ish video of a TLC Icon I could find though it appears to be a normal leafer 350HP Icon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVt7ln6J7lY
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by desertdevil View Post
    ....very knowledgable discussions....
    Asad Bhai, Evo mein baith karr mazaak to nahin uraa rehey aap hamaaree jugaaron ka aap Waisey MitsuMan ko miss karr rahey hain ham yahan, kaheen TimbukTu mein vacation pe to nahin gayey howey?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I see it, I see it.... nice big tires, big spacers and big steering wheel! Cool rig! And yes, coilovers and links is what I plan to do when I grow up or grow old, whicever comes first At least thats what the original plan was inspired by the TLC Icon rigs:
    Pakistan 4x4 Rally Thread -  Discussion - icon baja preview3Pakistan 4x4 Rally Thread -  Discussion - icon
    tell you what... for starters lets ditch the LC70 front axle and swap it for an 80 series one. wider track, wouldn't need spacers and you have the control arms of the 80 as well... just raise the upper shock mount and viola! coil springs up front ... and longer travel....the other BIG advantage... new steering! swap the 80 box into it as well and start embarrassing the big boys with your 1.5Million Rs. rig
    More Power!!! More power....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Raakett indeed, this Limited Baja Edition Icon FJ40 is powered by 450HP LS series V8 and the the coilovers running Eibach springs are claimed to have 12 inches of travel (though personally I don't think thats possible with the 35s and current fender trim). Nevertheless, it has hydraulic bumpstops to soften the landings and would remain air happy with lightweight alloy block engine (about same weight as a 1UZ) and heavy dynatrack axles....

There was a video for this photo shoot but seems to have been taken off the air. This is one of the only other highspeed-ish video of a TLC Icon I could find though it appears to be a normal leafer 350HP Icon: TLC Icon @ Logandale Dunes - YouTube
    I agree with the 12" observation, there's hardly any droop on the front axle when the jeep is air borne... id say its more in the region of 8'-10".

@aark30, sharam karo maamo! tu ne abhi tak daala naheen dhood ke diya... da seenga mama ye

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@yaserag...oye lahore mei tu bhaita hai or keh mujay raha hai, real 4x4 aren't bought bhanjay they are built ,build one for your self .......look above we haven't discuss a single complete company car every self built 4x4 is a part of a discussion , so built one for your self puter .
    by the way i would have bought you one but its like buying an uncut diamond so one will go for his own choice and cuts in his mind like Dr saab (suhaib kiani) ,look at him he made an UZI from fj with his cuts soooo .....kuch zyada to nahee ho gaya Dr saab
    THE Word Impossible is in the Dictionary of Fools!
    "4x4 are built NOT bought"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aark30 View Post
    @yaserag...oye lahore mei tu bhaita hai or keh mujay raha hai, real 4x4 aren't bought bhanjay they are built ,build one for your self .......look above we haven't discuss a single complete company car every self built 4x4 is a part of a discussion , so built one for your self puter .
    by the way i would have bought you one but its like buying an uncut diamond so one will go for his own choice and cuts in his mind like Dr saab (suhaib kiani) ,look at him he made an UZI from fj with his cuts soooo .....kuch zyada to nahee ho gaya Dr saab
    mamaji tusi buzurg O, sahee kaindi O.... lekin "build" karne waste bhi to koi cheez chaheeyay na... khair... mein aana waan, pekhawar.... dhoond le hai mainay! towaita... fair dekho tusi... mother of all "builds" ...

zaalima pa pekhawar ke naast ae ao mata lagya ae.... Wallah, pa lahore ke yao hum da kaar gaday neeshta.... if you want a range rover, a prado, sure... but if you want a project wala arzaan 4x4 then isloo/pindi aur pekhawar... koi mukabala naheen hai!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Uff so much pyaar mohabbat.... and that too very multi lingual

@yaserag: I just found out that there was a custom auction in Islamabad with a couple of 1990s Surfs and a 2wd Hilux double cab going cheap. The cars were not in the best of shape (engine and body wise) so perhaps ideal for rally builds. Suggest you should keep an eye out for these type of auctions in Islamabad, Lahore and wherever else....

@aark30: thanks for the kinds words, waisey meiree degree abhee jaaree hai aur doctorate abhee complete nahin howee! Aur larkey pe haath zara holaa rakhein, bandaa bohat khoob hai

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=SuhaibKiani;3401623]Uff so much pyaar mohabbat.... and that too very multi lingual

@yaserag: I just found out that there was a custom auction in Islamabad with a couple of 1990s Surfs and a 2wd Hilux double cab going cheap. The cars were not in the best of shape (engine and body wise) so perhaps ideal for rally builds. Suggest you should keep an eye out for these type of auctions in Islamabad, Lahore and wherever else....

So, i went to peshawar in the quest of "Icarus: The Martyr of Cholistan" and the long and short of the whole story is that all i saw was a load of expensive... (read "very expensive") "C*R*A*P" ... Broke the CV axle on one "slightly cheap" SSR during testing ... and the cheapest of the lot had a steering system straight out of the Titanic ... the play in the damn thing was almost one full turn... although it was good fun navigating thru traffic with that ... i thought of you suhaib and imagined all the fun you must be having wrestling with that concordia steering .

my contact had lined up about 10 vehicles and i was sure that id find at least one to my liking but no.... especially considering the price which was 1.2M to 1.7M for running khokas essentially...

qasim, i hear you.... "tangas" are def a liability... time to sell the wifes City and put that and the the project money into a Vigo.... 2.5TD or 3.0TD.... any suggestions?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^Haha! Back to the Vigo! Probably a good decision if that is the price you are getting the khokhas at. The Vigo is a great all round vehicle and worth the investment if one can manage it....

You do seem to have been test driving some rotting lemons out there though Can’t think why a CV axle would break on the road unless it had been repaired earlier in a bad way….
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comPakistan 4x4 Rally Thread -  Discussion - Pthe "Tangas" are not be confused with the "Chariots" : Steering wheel play on the road in the is very different from limitations/challenges of a well prepped 40 steering (read zero play, zero bump steer) managing 33 inch BFGs through Stage 6-10 bumps and turns at 80-100 kmph. </SPAN><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

And for sake of clarity and everyone’s info, the limitation is mainly 3.5 turns to lock (FJ40) vs 3 turns to lock (majority of cars/jeeps) which produces additional challenges when you have to counter steer after high speed turns: have to turn steeing faster over a longer chakkar. We probably would not have noticed anything much though, had we not had a direct comparison with our CJ which we used for Recce: a much more controlled and enjoyable steer though at slower speeds.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^Haha! Back to the Vigo! Probably a good decision if that is the price you are getting the khokhas at. The Vigo is a great all round vehicle and worth the investment if one can manage it....

You do seem to have been test driving some rotting lemons out there though Can’t think why a CV axle would break on the road unless it had been repaired earlier in a bad way….
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comPakistan 4x4 Rally Thread -  Discussion - Pthe "Tangas" are not be confused with the "Chariots" : Steering wheel play on the road in the is very different from limitations/challenges of a well prepped 40 steering (read zero play, zero bump steer) managing 33 inch BFGs through Stage 6-10 bumps and turns at 80-100 kmph. </SPAN><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

And for sake of clarity and everyone’s info, the limitation is mainly 3.5 turns to lock (FJ40) vs 3 turns to lock (majority of cars/jeeps) which produces additional challenges when you have to counter steer after high speed turns: have to turn steeing faster over a longer chakkar. We probably would not have noticed anything much though, had we not had a direct comparison with our CJ which we used for Recce: a much more controlled and enjoyable steer though at slower speeds.
    Rotting lemons is an understatement ... unfortunately most of these vehicles are used as "loaders" and have been subjected to pretty rough use... mind you the ones i saw were heavily botox'ed... had major cosmetic surgeries done on them but you could tell...anyway the cv broke while turning on to a main road from a service road.... i did throttle it a bit and the service road was a full 5 inches or so higher... also noticed the cv boot had given way and was leaking grease... saw enough "Gund" to put me off the whole idea.... shattered dreams....pleasures of an intensive build robbed

On the subject of turns to lock... havent researched steering boxes but i assume boxes with lower turns should be available... my brother in law had a honda s2000 and it handled like a go kart... the thing was like 2.4 turns to lock... ive read somewhere that the lancer evo is like 2.1 turns... any ideas on the pajero evo?

yeah back to the Vigo then... Qasim, Mai Baap! you were right! still need to check out the "gittay" on your evo... can we do it this weekend?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well the buzz is that the Autocross is coming to Lahore and the rally heads are looking to sharpen their cornering skills. Seems to be a dull sport to look at but probably quite challenging:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Waise, where are all the other rally buffs? hibernating?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well the buzz is that the Autocross is coming to Lahore and the rally heads are looking to sharpen their cornering skills. Seems to be a dull sport to look at but probably quite challenging:

quite tempting, wondering if i could have a run without crashing....
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice...
    Maa Da Laddlaa Vigar Gaya.... Chevy Aveo Ly K Nikal Gaya.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

youtube Who says solid axles cant go fast....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default McMillans - Baja 500

There isn't perhaps a bigger name in offroad racing than the McMillans and there's a lot in this video which highlights why that is rightfully so :

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yaserag View Post
    qasim, i hear you.... "tangas" are def a liability... time to sell the wifes City and put that and the the project money into a Vigo.... 2.5TD or 3.0TD.... any suggestions?
    Good Decision, really happy

In case you go for the 2.5 Vigo, buy Thai Model with manual transmission, thai vigo's stock 2KD engine has 142 Bhp whereas Pakistani or UK spec 2KD has 101 and 118 Bhp respectively.

If you choose 3.0 Vigo i.e. with 1KD, you can go for manual or auto transmission, both are equally fast.

Either way, keep a budget of atleast 0.5M for rally preparing it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yaserag View Post
    On the subject of turns to lock... havent researched steering boxes but i assume boxes with lower turns should be available... my brother in law had a honda s2000 and it handled like a go kart... the thing was like 2.4 turns to lock... ive read somewhere that the lancer evo is like 2.1 turns... any ideas on the pajero evo?

yeah back to the Vigo then... Qasim, Mai Baap! you were right! still need to check out the "gittay" on your evo... can we do it this weekend?
    Turning of my rally Evo was reduced a bit to house the fat triple bye pass shocks, will check the turning circle of my stock evo and update here tomorrow. But, in rally i never required to turn the steering completely, at the most a circle and a half is required, that too at low speeds. As long as the steering is precise and do not have too much play, I do not think steering is an issue in our style of off road rallies.

Just let me know when are can come, I am free this weekend, next one has a question mark as I might go to AJ&K for 3/4 days camping at Tao Butt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

User Tag List