20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saidhi View Post
    With fuel prices going up every day,,, why not introduce a CNG category i.e. if one could find it anywhere around and,,, lets not forget,,, the Hydrogen/water category as well

hahah! good one!
    More Power!!! More power....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    Haha. Well yesterday, I got HOBC for PKR 125 per litre as there seemed to be a petrol crisis in Islamabad and the only pumps without endless lines were making a killing. My immediate thoughts were "chalo, awam ka to patta nahin, par lor** lag gayee hamarey rallying"

Nevertheless, I think the motivation behind the dumb suggestion was to increase participation at the rallying events. As I understand, one can count the number of new rally entrants (in past 5 years or so) on your fingertips with one hand. Also easier because the majority of them seem to be on this thread apart from perhaps Adnan Siddiqui & Ali Aden. There can be several reasons for this, but its easy to say that the space and path available for new entrants is quite restricted by several counts: financial costs, unrewarding outcomes and lack of knowledge being just a few of the factors.

In the US, it is said that rally goers have increased during the past few years. As the economy has gone down, there are a lot of people who have decent running business or a stock of savings who all of a sudden have a lot more free time which they used for hobbies which they could not pursue earlier. Helps obviously that the Score and BITD races have over a dozen categories starting from million dollar trophy trucks down to $20k stock beetles.

i would agree with that, cost, knowledge and lack of support from existing/ experienced rallyers is def lacking. take my example i started out on totally different lines and just one meeting each with Suhaib and Qasim led me down a totally different path... i think you guys can do wonders with the IJC platform to attract others... i know there are other "organizations" available but from what i've heard theyre more personal fiefdoms of a few individuals rather than an actual body that is purely there for the promotion of the sport. Nonetheless you cant discount the importance of a platform like that promoting the sport...

i mentioned sometime ago that i'd met these syrians running a race prep shop in dubai... one of them mentioned something on similar lines to what suhaib mentioned i.e. there being a stock class as well as the "prepared" class in the UAE. As he put it the stock class cars only have safety equipment eg. roll cages, harnesses etc that are non stock and have some tinkering with the suspension i.e heavy duty shocks as opposed to stock ones and thats it. most of the guys i talk to mention that "you can never be competitive, cause the regulars are head and shoulders above everybody else interms of know how, money etc etc. i think docs np and LC100 would be the only bone stock vehicle in its category for the last couple of seasons (Suhaib you dont fall in the "stock" category )... he shouldve landed a couple of podiums for his effort ...i think

.. with the sport pretty much in its infancy still i would say we should stick to the categorization system but need to clean it up a bit...i i.e. a 2jz equipped vehicle can't be in Cat C i.e. should be based on HP than cc's.. dont know what role the pakistan motorsports association or any other governing body is playing currently but based on what ive seen on these threads, things appear pretty adhoc i.e. things being finalized in drivers meetings etc. having said that theres alot that has been done internationally that can be simply replicated locally to make improvements...

anyway, qasim bhai akaela akaele chakkar lagatay ho wahga ke...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Stock Category with Only a roll cage should be allowed. As it will encourage many 4x4 owners to participate
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Laanat!!! Chip ki harness ghalat aagai!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yaserag View Post
    Whats with this chip ship business? I thought you were running nn's stock category
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Whats with this chip ship business? I thought you were running nn's stock category
    no no, i wanna play with the big boys ... aur chip to koi khas modification naheen hai ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

anyway, qasim bhai akaela akaele chakkar lagatay ho wahga ke...
    Had no idea that you might be interested in off roading, we have a plan for September 9's afternoon, let me know if you can join

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Which Chip you ordered? boss there are many manufacturers but not every chip can be tuned, there are a few companies that give software for tuning as well and most racers have shifted to that company.

Told you about friends who are using 1KD chips and you could have discussed with them before ordering stuff. Anyhow,,, now that you have it already, hope it serves well

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Which Chip you ordered? boss there are many manufacturers but not every chip can be tuned, there are a few companies that give software for tuning as well and most racers have shifted to that company.

Told you about friends who are using 1KD chips and you could have discussed with them before ordering stuff. Anyhow,,, now that you have it already, hope it serves well
    No issues, the chip is tunable did a lot of reading on stuff out there and realised that other than one company (European and quite expensive) all others basically increase the rail pressure and injector timing to varying degrees... so i went with something that i doubt the regulars are using since it comes from Germany (it was also fairly economical)... most of the stuff used locally is either australian (DP, CHipit) or Thai (Monster)...anyway ab harness doosri mangwani paray gi

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Had no idea that you might be interested in off roading, we have a plan for September 9's afternoon, let me know if you can join
    yeah sure why not...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No issues, the chip is tunable did a lot of reading on stuff out there and realised that other than one company (European and quite expensive) all others basically increase the rail pressure and injector timing to varying degrees... so i went with something that i doubt the regulars are using since it comes from Germany (it was also fairly economical)... most of the stuff used locally is either australian (DP, CHipit) or Thai (Monster)...anyway ab harness doosri mangwani paray gi
    3 racers I know purchased DP Chip from a local guy who claims to be their dealer but were not satisfied with the performance gain, so all scrapped it. A German brand was heard a year or so ago, dont know the name but it too was not giving enough gains. Vigo guys are mostly using some Thai brand, again do not know the name but can ask. This chip is easily tuned here because they gave the software for tuning with the chip and almost all I know are using that Thai brand.

For off roading,,, stay ready around 2: 00 pm next Sunday, will let you know the place. We should be back by around 6: 00, normally its a family affair with little bit of snacks/tea party, so you can bring family, but will confirm first. I plan to take Evo to do some speed runs/practice before Nooriabad.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

3 racers I know purchased DP Chip from a local guy who claims to be their dealer but were not satisfied with the performance gain, so all scrapped it. A German brand was heard a year or so ago, dont know the name but it too was not giving enough gains. Vigo guys are mostly using some Thai brand, again do not know the name but can ask. This chip is easily tuned here because they gave the software for tuning with the chip and almost all I know are using that Thai brand.

For off roading,,, stay ready around 2: 00 pm next Sunday, will let you know the place. We should be back by around 6: 00, normally its a family affair with little bit of snacks/tea party, so you can bring family, but will confirm first. I plan to take Evo to do some speed runs/practice before Nooriabad.

the thai brand is called monster, heard it provides the most gains but squeezes the life out of the engine.. comes across broken motors on the net . Wanted something more reliable. Theres a chip called Steinbauer which is the rolls royce of chips, ultra reliable, good gain etc. will get that eventually. this other one (Name secret for a reason ) was relatively inexpensive, tunable and german so i thought why not...anyway lets see how it performs.

Will be waiting for your call on Sunday... need to ditch the running boards and front bumper on the surf before i do serious offroading

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the thai brand is called monster, heard it provides the most gains but squeezes the life out of the engine.. comes across broken motors on the net . Wanted something more reliable. Theres a chip called Steinbauer which is the rolls royce of chips, ultra reliable, good gain etc. will get that eventually. this other one (Name secret for a reason ) was relatively inexpensive, tunable and german so i thought why not...anyway lets see how it performs.

Will be waiting for your call on Sunday... need to ditch the running boards and front bumper on the surf before i do serious offroading
    Keeping secrets already are we Anyways congrats on the chip whip and sorry about the harness, sure you can remedy the situation. What sort of gains are you expecting from it? I think the point on squeezing the engine life is very valid and I have sensed at times that some of the turbo diesels are turned up to a point where you can smell some funny things in the exhaust.

But that also brings us to the basic nature of the rallies in Pakistan. The Dakar/Rally Raids lasts for about 7-14 days and while a host of things may be changed on cars everynight, opening/replacing the engine is not really on the desirable list of many people. The American/Mexican offroad races are 12-24 hour marathons where again the engine is supposed to be rugged enough to last the day. The UAE/Qatar desert challenges are also very demanding on the car and particularly the engine. In our land of the pure however, we have a more pure approach to the rally gods and have a simple two/three hour window of opportunity to get closer to them And that makes it a very different kinda game!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Talked to one vigo racer yesterday night, he is using Thai brand Megafire but this chip cannot be tuned locally. Never heard anyone using Monster. The locally tuned Thai chip is some other, will confirm its name in a day or two. The German brand was Race Chip, but the problem with it was that it gave frequent Check Engine light.

Anyhow,, what you have is fine as long as you can tune it yourself and are satisfied with results.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Dakar 1984 Full Movie

Some good popcorn stuff....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default The Dakar Porsches....

Some good popcorn stuff....
    Witnessed them at the Porsche museum earlier in the year among other exotica... check out the 959, stills bears its rally scars... both vehicles capable of over 200km/h speeds at the time.. the 959 around 400hp while the lesser 911 SC at around 250hp.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Roll cages... external or internal? Qasim, who did yours? need to find someone local

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Make up your mind first, external will not damage/alter your interior but will give less strength, choice is yours

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Too busy with preparations of Nooriabad Rally,, will return on Monday evening, next rally is in Mithi during the second week of November,,,, Hanuse Dilhi Door Ast

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Would recommend an Internal rollcage. Very difficult to make exo cages strong on a full SUV body, and on a 3rd gen Surf it will only be cosmetic destruction of aerodynamics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

User Tag List