Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 2C Engine in a Cj-7. Advice needed

Salam all,
    I've been looking at a CJ-7 recently. Which runs on a 2C engine (2.0D waala).
    However, i've been having reservations about such a small engine. On a test run, i could go upto 80km/hr on 5th gear on 3000 RPM. Pushing it higher would mean a very high rpm on 5th gear. However, the Jeep had very high tires, engine's pump needed cleaning, maintenance etc.
    My question was, if i have the engine cleaned and services, thinner tires (it has very wide ones), higher gear ratio, would i be able to achieve a lot higher speeds?
    I need to have a Jeep that can go 110km/hr at least for longer trips. Would a 2C engine be too small for this?
    If not, then what about the 3CT-E Engine? Would it be able to achieve such speeds? And any idea how much a kabli one would cost in pindi?
    Also, what are your thoughts on the 2L-T? I've often read people here advising against the 2L. What consumption can i expect from a 2L-T?
    Thank you for your time.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PunjabiMc View Post
    Salam all,
    However, i've been having reservations about such a small engine. On a test run, i could go upto 80km/hr on 5th gear on 3000 RPM. Pushing it higher would mean a very high rpm on 5th gear. However, the Jeep had very high tires, engine's pump needed cleaning, maintenance etc.
    My question was, if i have the engine cleaned and services, thinner tires (it has very wide ones), higher gear ratio, would i be able to achieve a lot higher speeds?
    I need to have a Jeep that can go 110km/hr at least for longer trips. Would a 2C engine be too small for this?
    If not, then what about the 3CT-E Engine? Would it be able to achieve such speeds? And any idea how much a kabli one would cost in pindi?
    Also, what are your thoughts on the 2L-T? I've often read people here advising against the 2L. What consumption can i expect from a 2L-T?
    Thank you for your time.
    Well you can get the puump redone. That will help.
    A 3CT is a lot better than a natural aspirated 2C. You will get around 20% to 25% extra power for the additional 200cc and a turbo.
    I am running a 3CT in my CJ7 with 31x10.5x15LT. It easily does 110 km/H on motor way and returns 14 km/L millage.
    But I do not try that often as the ceter of gravity on a CJ7 is even higher than the normal SUVs i.e Prados and Pejeros.. so I do not try to take it above 100km/H. Though I have carcked 120 once and it did it with ease.
    3CT is a better option than a 2LT. Only a 3L, 5L or a 1KZ will superseed a 3CT not 2LT.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hsumbal1 View Post
    Well you can get the puump redone. That will help.
    A 3CT is a lot better than a natural aspirated 2C. You will get around 20% to 25% extra power for the additional 200cc and a turbo.
    I am running a 3CT in my CJ7 with 31x10.5x15LT. It easily does 110 km/H on motor way and returns 14 km/L millage.
    But I do not try that often as the ceter of gravity on a CJ7 is even higher than the normal SUVs i.e Prados and Pejeros.. so I do not try to take it above 100km/H. Though I have carcked 120 once and it did it with ease.
    3CT is a better option than a 2LT. Only a 3L, 5L or a 1KZ will superseed a 3CT not 2LT.
    Thank you for your reply. Any idea how much a kabli 3CT would cost? I am out of town for a week and will be a while before i can visit pindi.
    Also, 3CT or 3CTE? Economy is very important to me. What is the major difference between these two?
    Once again, thank you for your time

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ PunjabiMC. There're a lot of threads in the very forum that discuss engine comparisons ranging from 1C - 1KZTE, and there compatibility with different engine bays like Ford 1943 - CJ7. Feel free to browse https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...on-powertrain/

Also, check this offroadpakistan weblink for wealthy recommendations ...

http://offroadpakistan.com/2003/10/motivation_equa/

ATB. Choc.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for your reply. Any idea how much a kabli 3CT would cost? I am out of town for a week and will be a while before i can visit pindi.
    Also, 3CT or 3CTE? Economy is very important to me. What is the major difference between these two?
    Once again, thank you for your time
    I am not sure bout the price, but I think it should be around 55K. But I am not sure.

The major difference between a 3CT and 3CT-E(according to my knowledge) is that the fuel pump is electronic and on a 3CT-E has an intercooler whereas a 3CT is just turbo charged.
    A 3CT-E is a beter choice coz I am sure that an intercooler can give you a few extra horses and if you drive it with a light foot, it should return a better millage; atleat theoretically.

These days these Diesels are difficult to find, but I am sure you can find on in either Sultan da Khoo or Shoba.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam all,
    However, i've been having reservations about such a small engine. On a test run, i could go upto 80km/hr on 5th gear on 3000 RPM. Pushing it higher would mean a very high rpm on 5th gear. However, the Jeep had very high tires, engine's pump needed cleaning, maintenance eFtc.
    Thank you for your time.
    I hav installed 1 kz in my CJ5 and it's a power house. Although it can cross 120km on motorway but not recomemded to cross 80 km. Also CJ's r not recommended for long journeys being uncomfortable. These jeeps r made for off roading only.
    One more thing, 1 kz is fuel thirsty but has lot of torque.
    Founder, FRONTIER 4X4 CLUB : Adventure begins where road ends!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My recommendation is go for 2L-II turbo with out EFI as they are more conventionally fit in these kind of machines you want . and if you need more efficiency(in terms of fuel only) than 3CT will be the excellent choice but it is high REV engine , which is not recommended for off roading . but you will be happy on highways.
    Old is Gold
    Sulfide by Nature ....Trained & Tuned @ Toyota,,,,,,

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List