Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: BTW The Board Looks Terrible with So Many Stickies....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default BTW The Board Looks Terrible with So Many Stickies....

I finally had to say it! Firstly, there is little value for all the inactive threads to be stickies and furthermore, it seems that once a thread is made into a sticky no one dares change things. Result is that you cannot even follow the stickies what to say of the updates to threads down below! This in my view has resulted in complete untidiness on the baord and even keen members losing interest as most normal threads don't get any attention. So in the interest of sanity being restored, here goes.

Would suggest that the following stickies be removed as there is not much point to them being up there all the time:

- 2UZ Concordia FJ40 Build: Yes the attention was great and it still remains an iconic project whether sticky or not. Have nothing significant to add to the thread really and when there is it will show up nevertheless.

- Pakwheels 4x4 Registry: Maybe we could just spin this around into a neat PW Offroad Clubs registry with all the club threads neatly showing on the first page... just a thought!

- The Club Threads: Maybe its high time all the clubs invested in their own websites and then probably everyone would not be so sensitive about their thread not being a sticky. If we unsticky all the club threads and crate a header for the "Club Registry" clearly showing links to all the club threads I think this should work for the most part.

- PakWheels Offroad Club: A noble idea and a great run but do we really need it up there?

- The Jeep Channel: As big a jeep fan as I am and as fun as it is to watch the updates, I think that unless Janj has landed the dealership, unsticking this will not upset us all too much.

- Unimog Panga Project: Naah not this one Given the amount of effort, meaningful and lively updates put in by Team Unimog this should be cited as the "model sticky". Two thumbs up!

There are 17 stickies at the moment and I have never seen any forum across the www with even half that number! So mods and hanif Bhai please take note of the request and any views for or against should be voiced here!

Many Thanks,
    Suhaib Kiani

"If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Totally agree with the above fact, and recommendations are spot on!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so THAT'S what I had to do to get my own sticky...form a new club!

NOW you tell me!
    Always buy cars which your children love. They'll be helpful allies against your wife, later on!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LMAO!
    Retired Services Vehicles Club!!!! RSVC!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

I do agree friends...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    LMAO!
    Retired Services Vehicles Club!!!! RSVC!!!!!
    "We are RSVC. Fanatic, in our dedication to our sport. Taking the offroad experience to dizzying heights, and uncharted waters. We believe in time-proven quality...the thrill of the hunt...the chase...the joy of the rebuild. Aur shukr hai, fauj kabhi kabhaar iss tarah ki gaariyaan auction kar ke humare jaison ka bhala kar deti hai, nahin to hum Carry Dabbey hi chalaate"
    Always buy cars which your children love. They'll be helpful allies against your wife, later on!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ The Mods.

I still want my own Sticky!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I finally had to say it! Firstly, there is little value for all the inactive threads to be stickies and furthermore, it seems that once a thread is made into a sticky no one dares change things. Result is that you cannot even follow the stickies what to say of the updates to threads down below! This in my view has resulted in complete untidiness on the baord and even keen members losing interest as most normal threads don't get any attention. So in the interest of sanity being restored, here goes.

Would suggest that the following stickies be removed as there is not much point to them being up there all the time:

- 2UZ Concordia FJ40 Build: Yes the attention was great and it still remains an iconic project whether sticky or not. Have nothing significant to add to the thread really and when there is it will show up nevertheless.

- Pakwheels 4x4 Registry: Maybe we could just spin this around into a neat PW Offroad Clubs registry with all the club threads neatly showing on the first page... just a thought!

- The Club Threads: Maybe its high time all the clubs invested in their own websites and then probably everyone would not be so sensitive about their thread not being a sticky. If we unsticky all the club threads and crate a header for the "Club Registry" clearly showing links to all the club threads I think this should work for the most part.

- PakWheels Offroad Club: A noble idea and a great run but do we really need it up there?

- The Jeep Channel: As big a jeep fan as I am and as fun as it is to watch the updates, I think that unless Janj has landed the dealership, unsticking this will not upset us all too much.

- Unimog Panga Project: Naah not this one Given the amount of effort, meaningful and lively updates put in by Team Unimog this should be cited as the "model sticky". Two thumbs up!

There are 17 stickies at the moment and I have never seen any forum across the www with even half that number! So mods and hanif Bhai please take note of the request and any views for or against should be voiced here!

Many Thanks,
    Suhaib Kiani

WOW Sir G, excellent analysis !! agree with you 100%,the rule use to be 3-6 days max if my memory serves me right... being a MOD my self am inclined to UNSTICK as per the policies but here higher power may please give a final verdict
    A wise monkey never monkies w/ another monkey's monkey!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Agreed 100% with SK

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Agreed

I on behalf of Kalar Kahar Off-Roaders.. offer our club to go down any time, our Club stands no where in front of the legends 4X4 Engaged, IJC, TUP, and many more.
    Awan
    Be nice to the ppl while going up.. you might meet them on your way down

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

agreed
    GO MEAN OR GO HOME | facebook.com/4x4MeanMachines | facebook.com/ythband

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Very very valid point

Due to a lot of effort of Senior Clubs like IJC, there has been so much development in this arena
    I am so happy to see now where there were only IJC then 4x4Engaged?, now there are around 10 independent 4x4 Clubs operating in so many different parts of Pakistan.

I congratulate PW and senior clubs on raising so much interest and enthusiasm that now the fastest click rate on this site is of the 4x4 section

Job well done!

Having said that ... it is time that the main page should be organized and I suggest for clubs to be in an additional Sub Category. This way, PW does not lose its clicks and posts and now LIKEs

Why?

Because from the interest and support of senior clubs, there are so many new people who have restored or are restoring or doing fabs or DIYs etc etc, have queries OR they want to share details about their 4x4s, and NOW they know that through this forum, they can really touch the right crowd

BUT, the new threads disappear so quickly from the first page that casual viewers like us don't even get a chance to have a look at the new threads as it moves to the next page and a lot of current news is missed resulting in a disappointed new member of PW who did not get any buy-in on his thread!

I know its a tricky business being Libra or the mod of this section, you have to keep so many happy, and yet it is such a small community, every body knows every body.

So to keep things in line, a set rules should be declared for threads to be sticky and should be followed diligently

This is a good place, this 4x4 Club Section, I have come to know so many great people, kind people, well wishers and i hope we move towards a positive conclusion of this effort by SK rather wait for this thread to also go down to the next page and then PW history

We need to give the new 4x4 members and their threads their deserved attention and space on PW as that is the whole idea (in my understanding) of these forums.

These new IDs on PW become names, then your phone contacts and in fact are our new club members... Its a WIN WIN for all of us
    Bugged for Life....Easily Distracted by Land Rovers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

attention my lord SK has a point here!

Pakwheel ki Jayhoo... made lot of great friends here... and enjoyed my Punga project thread otherwise would have been boring... lovely place and good boys to chat with...

in my opinion, let Clubs decide the "sticky rules" ... i guess someone has to draft those rules first and circulate among the clubs to shap it as agreed upon rules... or its upto the PW MODs but again then it will be biased as we all know the club heads are moderators as well....

my 2 cents only
    Still Play with Mogs... DeeMog 421.129 1986... http://www.youtube.com/user/DeeMog421
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/4x4-clubs-off-roaders-suv/87109-team-unimog-punga-project

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Should i make this thread sticky? :-P

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    attention my lord SK has a point here!

Pakwheel ki Jayhoo... made lot of great friends here... and enjoyed my Punga project thread otherwise would have been boring... lovely place and good boys to chat with...

in my opinion, let Clubs decide the "sticky rules" ... i guess someone has to draft those rules first and circulate among the clubs to shap it as agreed upon rules... or its upto the PW MODs but again then it will be biased as we all know the club heads are moderators as well....

my 2 cents only
    Well there are rules set for every thing secondly there is no criteria for club heads being mods. If there are mods who are club heads then its not because they are club heads.

As i know the rules

1) if meet date is decided the thread will be made sticky

2) after the meet period of a week thread will remain sticky.

3) club threads will be made sticky(note not fan clubs).

Now since people have agreed and pointed out. We can make few changes which can be decide.

When the things which could be done.

Easy one's
    1 4x4 registry thread
    2 4x4 clubs(sticky closed thread having links of all the clubs threads)

3 4x4 events sticked when date is decided and unsticked after 1 week of event.

4 projects or best threads closed topic(which only have links for threads which are great type like diy restoration etc
    But should be compled or regularly updated)
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hahaha @qwerty boy you are the boss you can make it sticky ...

by biased i mean "being a head of club and a moderator as well" others will think they are biased... so if possible please consider taking all clubs on board to finalize the rules of Sticky...

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post

Well there are rules set for every thing secondly there is no criteria for club heads being mods. If there are mods who are club heads then its not because they are club heads.

As i know the rules

Now since people have agreed and pointed out. We can make few changes which can be decide.

Easy one's
    1 4x4 registry thread

4 projects or best threads closed topic(which only have links for threads which are great type like diy restoration etc
    Still Play with Mogs... DeeMog 421.129 1986... http://www.youtube.com/user/DeeMog421
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/4x4-clubs-off-roaders-suv/87109-team-unimog-punga-project

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post

As i know the rules

Easy one's
    1 4x4 registry thread

@qwertpoiu: I think the guidelines generally seem to be in order. In the end it is upto the PW management and mods to decide how they think the board should be best managed.

I do feel that the duration of the event sticky shouldn't be fixed and left upto discretion of the mods, as some events merit more attention. The Best Projects thread is a very good idea! You could debate whether these threads should be open or closed as each may have its own merits.

Either way something definately needs to be done about this stuff....

BTW who all are the mods for the 4x4 Forum?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@qwertpoiu: I think the guidelines generally seem to be in order. In the end it is upto the PW management and mods to decide how they think the board should be best managed.

I do feel that the duration of the event sticky shouldn't be fixed and left upto discretion of the mods, as some events merit more attention. The Best Projects thread is a very good idea! You could debate whether these threads should be open or closed as each may have its own merits.

Either way something definately needs to be done about this stuff....

BTW who all are the mods for the 4x4 Forum?
    And you thought you had seen too many Stickies. You'll be surprised yet again to know how many there are on the 4x4 forum
    TLC FJ90 SWB ~ 1KZ-TE ~ 50mm OEM Lift

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I used to be a daily visitor of PW, but now only visit PW once or twice per month due to stickies and content over crowding.
    AM General Jeep M825 MUTT | 3 C Turbo Diesel

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

again so many stickies...
    GO MEAN OR GO HOME | facebook.com/4x4MeanMachines | facebook.com/ythband

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This thread is like a Tv talk show.. you come you agree and when its over nothing happens.
    RIP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List