I finally had to say it! Firstly, there is little value for all the inactive threads to be stickies and furthermore, it seems that once a thread is made into a sticky no one dares change things. Result is that you cannot even follow the stickies what to say of the updates to threads down below! This in my view has resulted in complete untidiness on the baord and even keen members losing interest as most normal threads don't get any attention. So in the interest of sanity being restored, here goes.
Would suggest that the following stickies be removed as there is not much point to them being up there all the time:
- 2UZ Concordia FJ40 Build: Yes the attention was great and it still remains an iconic project whether sticky or not. Have nothing significant to add to the thread really and when there is it will show up nevertheless.
- Pakwheels 4x4 Registry: Maybe we could just spin this around into a neat PW Offroad Clubs registry with all the club threads neatly showing on the first page... just a thought!
- The Club Threads: Maybe its high time all the clubs invested in their own websites and then probably everyone would not be so sensitive about their thread not being a sticky. If we unsticky all the club threads and crate a header for the "Club Registry" clearly showing links to all the club threads I think this should work for the most part.
- PakWheels Offroad Club: A noble idea and a great run but do we really need it up there?
- The Jeep Channel: As big a jeep fan as I am and as fun as it is to watch the updates, I think that unless Janj has landed the dealership, unsticking this will not upset us all too much.
- Unimog Panga Project: Naah not this one Given the amount of effort, meaningful and lively updates put in by Team Unimog this should be cited as the "model sticky". Two thumbs up!
There are 17 stickies at the moment and I have never seen any forum across the www with even half that number! So mods and hanif Bhai please take note of the request and any views for or against should be voiced here!
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad