Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Advice Required - Pajero (94-98) vs Surf (96-98)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Advice Required - Pajero (94-98) vs Surf (96-98)

Hi All,

As the title suggests, I am looking for some advice/feedback on purchasing either a Pajero (94-98 2.8 Intercooler) or a Surf (96-98). The primary considerations for purchasing the vehicle are as follows (in that order)

1. Family vehicle, primarily for city driving with the occasional trip to Lahore (via motorway)
    2. Fuel Economy
    3. Easier maintenance (Cannot afford to spend 'quality' time with mechanics every weekend)
    4. Comfort
    5. Resale ( However, plan to keep the vehicle for at-east 2 years)

I have been advised by some that Pajero's have issues with their engines, particularly at consistently high speeds (such as the motorway) and its parts/other maintenance is quite expensive. However, I have found it to be far more luxurious than the other jeeps. On the other hand, Surf delivers consistent performance but is lacking in comfort though its parts are available relatively easier.

Having said that, I will appreciate any feedback/comments that will make my decision easier. Pls feel free to add any parameter that I should consider that I might have missed. Also, if anyone has a suitable vehicle for sale, pls PM me. Thanks in advance!

PS-- I apologize if there is a similar thread elsewhere else but I did use the search option before posting but could'nt find anything.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Pajero Vs. Hilux Surf

Surfs are based on Hilux Chassis & their Construction & Build quality are sure to last long long enuff, and are surely un-destructable upto 100+ years, but who even knows about the next 50 even ?
    Killing a Toyota part 1 - Top Gear - BBC - YouTube
    Top Gear - killing a Toyota Pt 2 - BBC - YouTube
    Killing a Toyota part 3 - Top Gear - BBC - YouTube

Pajeros are build to give the LIFE pleasure + luxury up-to-the mark = 100% utilization of your money and every day of ur life counts wid satisfaction & Enjoyment!!

I ask why someone wants to buy such a VEHICLE that needs to be killed upto 100 years. Only business people like Rent/Transportation etc works should keeps Hilux OR Surfs as they will be utilized from generations to generations and still wont get killed , thats why these SUVS have re-sale.

Since Day 1 of my SUV step-in, Whenever i bought SUV for i never valued it for Re-SALE..NEVER EVER!!! ALL MY SUVS got 100% utilized and Finished OFF, never SOLD THEM OUT for MONEY!!!!

BUY WHAT UR HEART LIKES, and maintain & LOVE it like ur PET RINO & Enjoy the pleasure everyday of ur life wid ur family wid Happy DAYS
    Vehicle History: Pajero 1 & 2 (4d55 Non-Turbo - 4d56 Turbo & 4M40 I-C Turbo) / Land Cruiser BJ60(13B-T Turbo) / Nissan Patrol GQ(Td422 Non-Turbo)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you all for your time and comments. For the moment, we have decided on the Surf and identified a good one as well. Will post pics once bought..Cheers!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Surf is the most uncomfortable car I ever owned. The seating position is like u r sitting on the toilet. There is zero leg room for the rear passengers. Fine for people with no legs. The exterior is ugly and so is the interior. It's basically a hilux pickup with pants on. It's good for squads only. As for the resale I thank God at last I got rid of it even though I had loss selling it.

Given the option between a problem free pajero and a surf I'll pick the pajero every time.
    Drive a Legend. Drive a Land Cruiser

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Saaduk View Post
    Surf is the most uncomfortable car I ever owned. The seating position is like u r sitting on the toilet. There is zero leg room for the rear passengers. Fine for people with no legs. The exterior is ugly and so is the interior. It's basically a hilux pickup with pants on. It's good for squads only. As for the resale I thank God at last I got rid of it even though I had loss selling it.

Given the option between a problem free pajero and a surf I'll pick the pajero every time.
    +1

Surf has more tendency to roll over on high speeds negotiating sharp turns so Pajero anytime!
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To my mind (with all due respect to Surf owners and lovers), the Surf is a case of taking a proven formula (the Hilux), dressing it up with lights and mirrors and rouge...and making it less appealing than the original.

In crude (Punjabi) terms...the Hilux is a "runn". The Surf is a "memsaab". With regards to what you prefer...I suppose it all boils down to your taste in women! Er...I mean cars, of course.

Happy hunting, brother!
    Always buy cars which your children love. They'll be helpful allies against your wife, later on!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saaduk

All this TOYota's COFFIN BOX hatred coming from you is hard to believe .....boy O boy.....it must've sucked big time!
    Btw, appreciate your being unbiased and honest about it
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Talking Rofl!!

hahahahhahahaha.. ROFL!!!! LMAO!!!!
    Can't stop laughing!!!!!!
    Vehicle History: Pajero 1 & 2 (4d55 Non-Turbo - 4d56 Turbo & 4M40 I-C Turbo) / Land Cruiser BJ60(13B-T Turbo) / Nissan Patrol GQ(Td422 Non-Turbo)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List