Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho?

Yesterday, I happened to run into a rather exciting site. Whilst casually going through the site, I stumbled onto a page which extolled the beautiful rebuild of an FJ40.

I'm busy creating a somewhat ambitious FJ40 myself...but what I saw, completely took my breath away. An FJ40 Hot Rod!

This beast was somewhat of a doppelganger to the Phantom. Lowered to within inches of the ground...whilst the Phantom towers over most vehicles. Fitted with a high-powered, high-acceleration, high-velocity engine to perform rubber-burning antics...whilst the Phantom will (Insha Allah) be custom built to perform best on surfaces where no roads are present for miles and miles.

What was COMMON between the Phantom and this 'other' beast...was one fact: I'd NEVER seen anything like it, in my entire life!

I am going to build a similar beast, Allah be willing. I just HAVE to. There're no two ways about it.

I always joke around that the FJ I'm rebuilding will CLIMB over other vehicles in its way. Well...the razor-sharp looks and as-quick-as-a-whip performance of the FJ I'm contemplating, will SLICE through other vehicles!

At this point, I'm just going to post pictures of the beast, and brainstorm it, while I finish off the Phantom. Allah ne chaaha, tau eik se nipat loon, phir doosre se do do haath karenge!

ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379802 ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379803 ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379804 ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379805 ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379806 ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379807 ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379808 ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379809 ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379810 ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379811

Always buy cars which your children love. They'll be helpful allies against your wife, later on!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The Initial Checklist

1. This is going to require some serious lowering. To provide lift...we resort to a SOA. To provide NEGATIVE lift...do we do a reverse SOA; i.e., lower the springs further than they're original position under the axle? Investigate possibilities.

2. No need to make this a 4wd. Stick to the rear drive shaft, and perhaps a simple tube at the front, with coil-sprung suspension may work.

3. Tyres. BIG ones at the rear. Scrawny, skinny, similar-treaded ones at the front.

4. The engine is going to have to be something nice and fearsome. A 1UZ-FE, perhaps...or maybe a 2JZ-FTE, even. The engine MUST be V-shaped...just to get the right balance of the multiple exhaust outlets, on both sides.

5. Bodywork shouldn't be a major issue. It isn't anywhere as challenging as the Phantom's rebuild. I don't like the tub on this rig, though. It's absolutely extraneous and superficial on a vehicle that is THIS low. I'd much rather keep the rear wheels "bare", instead...and have a closed, curvaceous, exaggeratedly-sloping rear to the cabin.

6. The interior would look hottest, if it were "retro" styled. Minimalist approach would work best, I think.

7. Rims are going to be important. Ideally, the solution would be to have two skinny rims at the front, and fatter ones at the rear. Stepni kaun si istemaal karoge, Fouad?

First Edit
    8. The bonnet is going to have to be a "gullwing" design. Probably would require being removable...leaving just the front facade, along with the radiator.

2nd Edit
    9. I don't know whether or not the vehicle in the pictures has the ability to go topless, or not. However, like the Phantom, THIS vehicle being planned MUST have the basic ability for the roof and doors to be removed...AND the shaved windscreen to be lowered...for the right hair-in-the-wind, bugs-in-the-eyes effect!

3rd Edit
    10. Is there any reason why this should NOT be front wheel drive?

4th Edit
    11. In the photos above, the wheelbase seems stretched...certainly, the front axle has been moved forward, somewhat (probably to accommodate the exhaust pipes on both sides). While it adds to the illusion of the FJ40 being lowered...I don't think the front wheel placement looks as nice as it would, with the wheels in the original position. Input needed.

5th Edit
    12. Excellent point brought out by Bash in this thread. Why not get Supra mechanicals in entirety? Refer to 3rd edit, above.

6th Edit
    13. The frame only for an FJ with voucher would be about PKR 80K. Registration, another PKR 25K. The complete body parts required (not very many!) should be about PKR 35K. Engine: PKR 150K. Frame: PKR 40K. Denting: PKR 150K. Wheels: PKR 100K. Paint: PKR 75K. Interior: PKR 75K. Miscellaneous overheads: PKR 75K. Total rough expenditure should be around PKR 800K (yeah...I'm kidding myself. It's more likely going to touch PKR 1Mil)!

Jamil Ustaad ke oopar sawaar ho jao, iss se pehle ke woh koi aur kaam pakar le!
    7th Edit. Jamil Ustaad ko pakar liya!

THIS post is probably going to be added to, repeatedly!
    Always buy cars which your children love. They'll be helpful allies against your wife, later on!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir, why not do the double project simultaneously???......shall keep you busy (happily) and us engrossed in the evolutionary posts!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MITSU_MAN View Post
    Sir, why not do the double project simultaneously???......shall keep you busy (happily) and us engrossed in the evolutionary posts!

Boss...agar mein ne Jamil Ustaad ko bataya ke mein eik AUR ulti-seedhi FJ40 unn ke matthey maarna waala hoon...tau shayed unn ka heart fail ho jaaye ga!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LOL...I was just reminded of something funny.

Have you ever noticed how young parents who have two children with hardly any age difference between them, act sheepishly?

"Chalo...donon bache eik saath pal jaayenge"!

Hahahahaha.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadhafeez View Post
    LOL...I was just reminded of something funny.

Have you ever noticed how young parents who have two children with hardly any age difference between them, act sheepishly?

"Chalo...donon bache eik saath pal jaayenge"!

Hahahahaha.
    Hahahaha.....very true sir......thats why I want you to take the plunge!
    Imagine the two beasts parked in your driveway......one tire shredder and the other one a demolition beast......OOOLALALA!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was searching for some FJ40 pictures in Google images and came across this one. Loved it. It looks so hot rod. I love the exhaust staight pipes. It must sound great.
    Drive a Legend. Drive a Land Cruiser

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hahahaha.....very true sir......thats why I want you to take the plunge!
    Imagine the two beasts parked in your driveway......one tire shredder and the other one a demolition beast......OOOLALALA!
    Yeh Pakwheels walley bhai log barey hee khatarnaak dost hain. Inn ke mashwaron pe Qaroon ke khazaaney bhi khatam ho jayein...!

Waisey...I've ALREADY started making enquiries about an early model FJ40 for the "other" project! Clearly, I need psychiatric help!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Saaduk View Post
    I was searching for some FJ40 pictures in Google images and came across this one. Loved it. It looks so hot rod. I love the exhaust staight pipes. It must sound great.
    I agree, Saad. It also looks like it's BUILT for speed. The low, wide stance. The big exhaust pipes sticking out at the flanks. The minimalist approach inside the vehicle...as if it were contemptuous of anything so unnecessary as creature comforts.

Personally though, I think (less the NASCAR-derived engine and suspension) this type of FJ could be vastly improved by being hand-fabricated in Pakistan. Let's keep our fingers crossed, and see how things evolve in the coming days, with regards to this punga!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hath Hola rakhain , though deep inside i would love to see both projects going on simultaneously

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Laparwah,

I see your 2nd Gen on roads sometimes. Someone said its very quick
    Drive a Legend. Drive a Land Cruiser

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadhafeez View Post

Waisey...I've ALREADY started making enquiries about an early model FJ40 for the "other" project! Clearly, I need psychiatric help!
    That's the spirit.....bon voyage!!!
    Btw, you are not the only one considering a 'shrink' here.....trust me, this affectionate advise comes (very very conveniently) from the better half when the spouse has a fixed mum gaze at his twin evos (parked side by side) in the porch!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Excellent find Sir, 2JZ with twin turbo super tuned to produce 800 HP with free flow exhaust and burning wheels, height of madness, may complete setup from a Supra will do the job!

Does the guy really built this on FJ's chassis? Or just used the cab?
    When Nothing else do the Job "ҐЄຊ๓ પฑḭ₥φ౸" has the solution. http://www.facebook.com/team.unimog

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Basharatu View Post
    Excellent find Sir, 2JZ with twin turbo super tuned to produce 800 HP with free flow exhaust and burning wheels, height of madness, may complete setup from a Supra will do the job!
    That's a very good piece of advice. All-original Supra mechanicals would be perfect...and all that would be needed would be to get them positioned on the frame. This would bear definite exploration.

Does the guy really built this on FJ's chassis? Or just used the cab?
    From what I've read, it is indeed an FJ40 chassis, albeit heavily modified at the front.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by laparwah View Post
    Hath Hola rakhain , though deep inside i would love to see both projects going on simultaneously
    You never know, brother. I had originally meant this to be a brainstorming thread, lekin iss thread ke publish hotey hee, I've started asking about for another FJ40. If the enthusiasm that I'm getting from everyone infects me further...it MAY very well transpire, that I end up building THIS one before the OTHER!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Saaduk View Post
    Laparwah,

I see your 2nd Gen on roads sometimes. Someone said its very quick
    Thanks saad bro , yup i do see u too , in fact saw u on main PDA road today , but u were busy driving

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are a brave man.

I have problems justifying my humble CJ7 at times.

How do you manage it brother?
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

fouadhafeez the man with Balls... steel walay :p.... as MITSUMAN said please keep us busy....

on a serious note.... we want to see the finish product of your first FJ40 project.... mind it we are watching you....
    Still Play with Mogs... DeeMog 421.129 1986... http://www.youtube.com/user/DeeMog421
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/4x4-clubs-off-roaders-suv/87109-team-unimog-punga-project

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hsumbal1 View Post
    You are a brave man.

I have problems justifying my humble CJ7 at times.

How do you manage it brother?
    Boss...I DON'T manage IT. IT manages ME!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    fouadhafeez the man with Balls... steel walay :p.... as MITSUMAN said please keep us busy....

on a serious note.... we want to see the finish product of your first FJ40 project.... mind it we are watching you....
    I'm also keen to get over with the Phantom build...because I have the sinking feeling that it's going to become increasingly difficult to stay on the ball, with regards to getting everything sorted out, as time lingers on.

In addition, I would dearly LOVE to put the beast through its paces during the summer months. By a conservative estimate, the Phantom rebuild alone, is likely to follow the timelines, as under:-

1. Coachwork. 6 more weeks.
    2. Engine. 2 weeks.
    3. Suspension & Miscellaneous Tweaks. 1 week.
    4. Interior. 2 weeks.
    5. T&A. 2 weeks.
    6. Paint. 2-4 weeks.

That makes almost 4 months (15-17 weeks) for it to be REALLY finished. Which is tremendously irritating, since I want it to be completed YESTERDAY!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List