Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho?

Yesterday, I happened to run into a rather exciting site. Whilst casually going through the site, I stumbled onto a page which extolled the beautiful rebuild of an FJ40.

I'm busy creating a somewhat ambitious FJ40 myself...but what I saw, completely took my breath away. An FJ40 Hot Rod!

This beast was somewhat of a doppelganger to the Phantom. Lowered to within inches of the ground...whilst the Phantom towers over most vehicles. Fitted with a high-powered, high-acceleration, high-velocity engine to perform rubber-burning antics...whilst the Phantom will (Insha Allah) be custom built to perform best on surfaces where no roads are present for miles and miles.

What was COMMON between the Phantom and this 'other' beast...was one fact: I'd NEVER seen anything like it, in my entire life!

I am going to build a similar beast, Allah be willing. I just HAVE to. There're no two ways about it.

I always joke around that the FJ I'm rebuilding will CLIMB over other vehicles in its way. Well...the razor-sharp looks and as-quick-as-a-whip performance of the FJ I'm contemplating, will SLICE through other vehicles!

At this point, I'm just going to post pictures of the beast, and brainstorm it, while I finish off the Phantom. Allah ne chaaha, tau eik se nipat loon, phir doosre se do do haath karenge!

ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379802 ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379803 ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379804 ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379805 ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379806 ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379807 ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379808 ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379809 ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379810 ANOTHER FJ40?! Paagal Tau Nahi Ho Gaye Ho? -379811

Always buy cars which your children love. They'll be helpful allies against your wife, later on!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Happy Pakistan day to you also fouad bhai.
    Old is Gold
    Sulfide by Nature ....Trained & Tuned @ Toyota,,,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This thread has been quite too long... Brig. sb... kithay reh gaye ho???
    My heart is a Flat 4!! 62' VW Type-1, 76' VW Sunroof SuperBeetle... To me my VolksWagen, to you yours...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i wish i can be there to help you in flame job, i did flame job on my bike , will post the pics
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just to show that this thread isn't completely forgotten...

3UZ-FE VVTi, anyone?
    Always buy cars which your children love. They'll be helpful allies against your wife, later on!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yup... With straight pipes out the exhaust manifold spitting FIYAH...
    My heart is a Flat 4!! 62' VW Type-1, 76' VW Sunroof SuperBeetle... To me my VolksWagen, to you yours...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Updates??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fouadhafeez Saheb: Every time I see one of your thread, I start hallucinating...
    .... way to go brother...
    This Space Intentionally Left Blank.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassanazeem View Post
    Yup... With straight pipes out the exhaust manifold spitting FIYAH...
    Or even better...JUST a big bore pipe connected to each bank of the exhaust manifold headers.

Quote Originally Posted by hassanazeem View Post
    Updates??
    None as yet, Hassan This is still just a project that I am going to do one of these days, Insha Allah. Not something that's started, yet. But I think this isn't going to be exceptionally difficult to do. Lowering, rather than lifting...and chopping/removing, rather than fabricating...is always easier.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Salarzae View Post
    @fouadhafeez Saheb: Every time I see one of your thread, I start hallucinating...
    .... way to go brother...
    Thank you, brother. Clearly, all of this sort of stuff, is a sign of mental illness on my part

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir! I think mental illness is what keeps us alive in this chaotic age, and I love it (mental illness) personally

Anyways, this project of yours may reault in another real unique machine but I actually like the Phantom rather than this hotrod thing. Perhaps a close analogy to explain my point is Y2K bike, which has a helicopter engine in it, but despite its uniqueness and superior performance it really is not considered to be a bike by hardcore bikers. So the Phantom is an FJ40 being beautifully modified (while preserving its originality) but this one is neither a 4 X 4 nor a hotrod.

My humble opinion...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by UAHMAD View Post
    Sir! I think mental illness is what keeps us alive in this chaotic age, and I love it (mental illness) personally

Anyways, this project of yours may reault in another real unique machine but I actually like the Phantom rather than this hotrod thing. Perhaps a close analogy to explain my point is Y2K bike, which has a helicopter engine in it, but despite its uniqueness and superior performance it really is not considered to be a bike by hardcore bikers. So the Phantom is an FJ40 being beautifully modified (while preserving its originality) but this one is neither a 4 X 4 nor a hotrod.

My humble opinion...
    Thank you for your advice and input, brother.

This project is still at the "conceptualisation" point...with this forum serving as a sounding board to air views and opinions. So of course, your opinion is also very welcome.

I'd disagree with you somewhat on the "not being a hot rod" score.

The engine under consideration would be either a 1UZ-FE VVTi (4.0L V8) or a 3UZ-FE VVTi (4.3L V8) or a Buick 455 (7.5L V8). Gears would possibly be the tiptronic 5/6 speed (in the 1UZ and 3UZ respectively), or a TH400 auto tranny (for the 455). Such a vehicle would be rear-wheels driven only. 4WD would be neither necessary, nor desirable. Diffs would be high speed ones geared towards speed rather than pulling power. All in all, this would weigh next to nothing (no mudguards, no bumper, short frame, no live front axle, almost non-existent rear tub, no exhaust piping, no creature comforts), with a very low centre of gravity.

With 300 odd bhp on tap, I think this would be a VERY fast car indeed. And I'm talking some serious speed here. For comparison, a modified '65 Impala I own (which weighs roughly four times such an FJ40 hot rod would) is fitted with a 300 bhp 1UZ, and I'd really like to see very many cars that can give it a run for its money. The power to weight ratio of such a machine would be phenomenal. Especially if you make it a point to cut down on weight (for example, fiberglass tub, fiberglass panels, fiberglass roof, all alloy engine, alloy wheels).

Then, comes the matter of styling. I mean...come on. A super-fast FJ40 lookalike, with a removable roof, removable doors, and a fold-down windscreen, that clings to the road like a leech? How "hotter" does it get?!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadhafeez View Post
    Thank you for your advice and input, brother.

This project is still at the "conceptualisation" point...with this forum serving as a sounding board to air views and opinions. So of course, your opinion is also very welcome.

I'd disagree with you somewhat on the "not being a hot rod" score.

The engine under consideration would be either a 1UZ-FE VVTi (4.0L V8) or a 3UZ-FE VVTi (4.3L V8) or a Buick 455 (7.5L V8). Gears would possibly be the tiptronic 5/6 speed (in the 1UZ and 3UZ respectively), or a TH400 auto tranny (for the 455). Such a vehicle would be rear-wheels driven only. 4WD would be neither necessary, nor desirable. Diffs would be high speed ones geared towards speed rather than pulling power. All in all, this would weigh next to nothing (no mudguards, no bumper, short frame, no live front axle, almost non-existent rear tub, no exhaust piping, no creature comforts), with a very low centre of gravity.

With 300 odd bhp on tap, I think this would be a VERY fast car indeed. And I'm talking some serious speed here. For comparison, a modified '65 Impala I own (which weighs roughly four times such an FJ40 hot rod would) is fitted with a 300 bhp 1UZ, and I'd really like to see very many cars that can give it a run for its money. The power to weight ratio of such a machine would be phenomenal. Especially if you make it a point to cut down on weight (for example, fiberglass tub, fiberglass panels, fiberglass roof, all alloy engine, alloy wheels).

Then, comes the matter of styling. I mean...come on. A super-fast FJ40 lookalike, with a removable roof, removable doors, and a fold-down windscreen, that clings to the road like a leech? How "hotter" does it get?!

It has started to make sense now... sounds quite convincing with this description of yours. Wish you the very best to pull out this project just as you've desired

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brig sahab, can you please ask your resource about the price of 2jzgte please ?
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

haha i love your threads sir they are so full of enthusiasm !
    imho for a such a fast little vehicle you should incorporate some sort of roll cage into the design,as hotrods are not very safe ...
    As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride! ==========www.Performance-diy.blogspot.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by safeershah View Post
    Certainly. Will get back to you as soon as I have some news.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by furri View Post
    haha i love your threads sir they are so full of enthusiasm !imho for a such a fast little vehicle you should incorporate some sort of roll cage into the design,as hotrods are not very safe ...
    Thank you for the appreciation and encouragement.I completely agree. A roll cage would be a necessary feature, for safety's sake.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not another one BRUTUS
    -It is always Man behind the Machine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aamir567 View Post
    Not another one BRUTUS
    No, Guru Ji...not yet. But I can't really say for certain about the coming days

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by safeershah View Post
    Have got some feedback from my engine person. According to him, the prices of the 2JZ-GTE blue top have gone up in recent days (possibly because they're becoming a little more scarce, nowadays). According to him, the price of a 2JZ-GTE should be about PKR 175K for a good, low-mileage piece. I hope this information is of help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List