Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree437Likes

Thread: The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi

Well, how can I even begin to tell, the tale is long and one always struggles with words when Doctor NN is missing. To make an attempt at laying out the story, which is a bit overdue (though not without benefits of better media coverage) but nevertheless is worthy of doing justice to. ….

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id9832
    The Cholistan Jeep Rally organized by TDCP is the biggest and the most prestigious event on the Pakistan offroad and motorsport calendar. The rally was not held last year primarily on account of crowd security concerns and this year it was being eagerly anticipated by enthusiasts and participants following a very successful Jhal Magsi rally in late 2011. So the 7th Cholistan Jeep Rally held on February 16th -19th turned out to be a landmark event with the organizers assisted by Mr Mehmood Majeed (Bhawalpur 4x4 Club) managed to pulled a fast one on the participants with a major re-designing of the track. Over 70 vehicles participated in the hugely successful event that spanned over 4 days with registration/technical inspection in Bahawalpur on the 16th followed by recce/pre-running, qualification and race days. A very large number of spectators and enthusiasts from all over the country came to the Derawar Fort in Bahawalpur which serves as the starting and finishing point of the rally.

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id10241
    There has always been great enthusiasm at the Islamabad Jeep Club for the Cholistan Rally ever since the last adventure by Doc NN and DesertDevil Asad Marwat. This year, with Doc NN missing from the register, two IJC vehicles had been registered to enter the rally: Asad’s Mitsubishi Pajero and yours truly on the IJC Project FJ40 Concordia. Unfortunately on the last minute, Asad Marwat could not attend the event on account of the sudden death of a close family member. Apart from sharing Asad’s grief this was obviously a significant setback for us as Asad is always instrumental in all rally aspects and we felt kinda lost as we were starting out. Our new hosts for the event were Team Evo Saidhi lead by our old friend, Qasim Saidhi who accommodated us next to their camp and helped us get comfortable with the terrain and the surroundings of Cholistan. Our good friend, Adnan Siddiqui on his Hilux Vigo was the other participant from Islamabad.

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id10041
    By way of a race summary, Nadir Magsi took the category A and overall podium on his Toyota Tacoma which was running a turbo charged 1GR 4.0L V6. Ronnie Patel’s modified Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution suffered engine failure in the second half after reportedly leading the race at mid point. Anas Khakwani and Zafar Magsi took Category A and overall second and third positions respectively in Mitsubishi Pajero Evolutions. In the Hilux Vigo dominated category B, Bahawalpur’s own Makhdum Amir Abbas took first in on a while Awais Khakwani stood second and Jam Kamal Khan third. The very competitive Category C saw Mehrab Khan on his Hilux Vigo on the podium with Mehmood Majeed second on a beautifully styled Hilux Vigo. Ali Magsi on a Nissan Patrol took a hard fought third place edging out Mian Shabir Bhurjundiwalley’s Suzuki Jimny and Syed Asif Imam’s Mitsubishi Pajero. Category D, always a Suzuki Jumny affair saw Mian Rafiq Ahmed take first, Khan Muhammad second and Mian Zubair Ahmed taking third just getting past Ghulam Hussain Sharr.

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id9963
    The race saw around 40% of the a total 70 participating vehicles not being able to reach the finish line mainly on account of a major re-design of the race track across the sands of the Cholistan desert. This year’s track in addition to involving negotiation of a number of very tall sand dunes with soft sand, largely did away with the traditional Cholistan straight runs across in favour of small winding tracks through much of the 210 km distance. Most drivers categorized the track as very demanding with greater stress on vehicle suspensions than previous Cholistan rallies. The traditional Cholistani variation and deterioration in the track with the progress of the race apparently played in significantly with the majority of the later starting vehicles suffering. The two soft sand dunes prior to stage break appear to have been a major hurdle with several vehicles getting stuck and half of the Jimny pack ending up with DNFs.

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id9960
    In that respect the starting order determined by the previous day’s qualification round was important albeit not as decisive as in Jhal Magsi where dust factor renders overtaking virtually impossible. This year’s qualification track was mainly the same as previous rallies though slightly shorter at around 2.4kms long. The track was a combination of deep sand runs and whoops and having gotten an early draw our FJ40 Concordia made the best of its power advantage to register a good time of 2 1. Ronnie Patel was fastest in the middle of the pack at 1:44 up until Nadir Magsi put up 1:38 on the board to claim pole position. Qasim Saidhi also put up an impressive 1:51 despite having landed nose down with slight damage to his Evo in the mid track whoops on his first recce run. Perhaps the performances of the day were by the Khakwanis with Awais registering 1:51 on his Vigo despite a front tire coming off the bead on the last turn and Anas closing at 1:50 on his Evo. Adnan Siddiqui and Rahid Abdullah were exceptional with 2 1 on a B category Vigo and C category Triton respectively.

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - 425984 353073161392166 100000684547120 1156661 588757549 n
    For the experienced rally campaigner and our good friend Qasim Saidhi, it would actually be the first time crossing the Cholistan finish line after disappointments in previous attempts. Following his recent podium finishes in Jhal Magsi and Nooriabad and his past accolades as a category D Jimny driver, Qasim has come to be considered the man to watch with his multi-talented navigator Rizwan Buttar’s calm assistance. Qasim finished 5th in Category A after a flat tire slowing him down along with managing to get stuck on the sand dunes twice. It was encouraging to see that his very well prepared Mitsubishi Evolution had been sponsored by ZIC and PTCL Evo for the race. We are truly thankful to Qasim, Rizwan and their crew for hosting us and helping us throughout the event, without which we probably would have not have made it out there and participated in the event.
    The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id9833
    As for us, the IJC Rally Team Concordia which set out to do something no one though was worth doing or even doable as such: race a restored/modified FJ40 at Cholistan and put up a competitive showing despite low-budgets and second hand parts. In our first sandy desert outing, after an early draw and strong showing at qualification, we started the race a 17th off of a competitive grid of over 70 participants. Right after the start, we got somewhat distracted negotiating the tremendous crowd and made a silly navigational error that cost us over 30 minutes. Keeping our pace together after that was not easy but having been released of any tension to lodge a competitive finishing time, we ended up trying a number of cocky things from sideways drifting, long air jumps to short ballistic runs pushing the limits of the car. We were making good progress despite our second-hand shocks fading away fast up until we managed to get stuck on the first sand dune. In our attempts to dig our tires out of the sand, we stumbled upon a very agile sand serpent emerging from under the front tire to register his appreciation of the sexy BFG MTs. After pushing the car out with the help of some spectators, we followed a steady pace to the finish line though still losing some time on account of minor mechanical issues. So in the end, while we may not have a podium finish to show for our adventure, together with having qualified 17th , matched top speed of 150kmph with some of fastest cars and having finished the race and we can pen it down as a significant achievement on our part given limitations. We did gather more media footage than perhaps ever available on any recent rally in Pakistan.

In the end, while offroad racing all over the world remains a dangerous and expensive sport, with the grace of the Almighty, offroad rallies in Pakistan have maintained a good safety record for both participants and spectators despite budgetary constraints, organization difficulties and limited sponsor support. This year saw a healthy increase in sponsorships with RedBull, Zong, PTCL, PSO, Toyota, Guard and others highlighting their brands through official support to participants. Another focus of Pakistan rally promoters is to focus on international participation and for the future IJC Team Concordia is also looking actively to build our existing partnership with the Pheonix 4405 Land Use Buggy based out of California USA.
    The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id10145

Photo & Video Credits: Nashit Ashraf, Suhaib Kiani, Mohammad Siddique, Iqbal Ghangla and Mehroze Kiani

Link to full race results :
    http://www.ijc.com.pk/forum/viewtopi...start=45#p7856

"If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    in case you're wondering y the coverage was horrible. i was so hooked on his driving i coudn't get my self to look in the camera, i just pointed it in the general direction while i he flew by us.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Saaduk View Post
    Excellent Thread Sirjee. You know how to push that 1UZ v8. Loved the pics. About that 1GR turbo, is that a single turbo or twin turbo? it looks like it has been tuned by underdog racing equipment. I am about to order Supercharger for my v6 as they solve that high gear low rpm pinging issue.
    Thanks Saad. I believe its a single big turbo with an intercooler on Nadir's 1GR. Probably underdog racing tuned as TRD don't seem to have a turbocharger solution for the 1GR on supercharger.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

KUDOS to SK & qasim bhai....
    a great thread i would say I stay here because I learn new things and maybe help others learn sometimes!
    Never go offroading alone!!!you never know when you need a push!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Basharatu View Post
    @SK, amazing thread bro, the details of each participant, there rides, pictures and videos is superb, I havent witnessed a coverage like this before. Hats off the camera guys Nashit Ashraf, Suhaib Kiani, Mohammad Siddique, Iqbal Ghangla and Mehroze Kiani for covering all this, we understand that each rally has a camera team but they havent been presented like this before, U rock!

Good to see the Support coming from sponsors and promoting (non-political ) rallies in Pakistan, this will definitely bring International teams here to make these events even more eventful!
    Thanks Basharat! That means a whole lot coming from Team TU who are indeed masters of presentation After the disappointment of Jhal 2011 where the only coverage was essentially by NN and myself, I decided that we have to take matters into our own hands We tried to do what we could with all the old/new/borrowed video cams that we could muster and worked hard within limitations to work on organizing/editing/uploading stuff. Nevertheless, media coverage for these rallies is specialized business and participants can only be expected to go so far with it. Organizers need to put more focus into it and until then independant teams need to step up to fill the gap.

There are some very interesting compilations from some local chaps in addition to the videos by the PW team:

Live coverage by Dunya is also decent with interviews of Nadir Magsi and Nusrat Sb:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Nadir Magsi Finish Line Run...

Many Thanks to Mr. Dildaaria, we have a glipmse of the Champs finish line run:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

An excellent thread... enjoyed every post... my salute to Team IJC
    Pakistan Land Rover Club.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@SK
    too good write up and compilation
    hats off for your determination
    this thread made me nostalgic about the 2010 cholistan we did and only WE know how we manage to do it
    Jayho Mahraj
    When Nothing Else Work, Team Unimog has the Solution....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ronnie Patel - a veteran of 4x4 rallies in Pakistan

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi -382071

Making donuts around Fareed Chawk in Bahawalpur

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi -382072

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi -382073

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MITSU_MAN View Post
    @saidhi

Lol:
    But here is my interpretation of this snap......

Saidhi....hun iss waree 3rd naee 1st aanaa hega!

Evo.......tu gadi sahee chala....her varee tyre phar denda hae!

Saidhi....bouteeyan galaan na kar.....mae toyota lae aanee hae aglee rally te!

Evo......achaa....te mey russs ke maekay (mitsu_man de kol) tur jaana aee te unoo teri shikaiyat lanee aee!

Saidhi....O na na bhaliye lokey.....to mun ja tey rola na pa.... mae te mazak karindeya se....I LUUUVVVVV you.....!
    "te mey russs ke maekay (mitsu_man de kol) tur jaana aee"

Hahaha,,, Cha gae oo Sir Jee

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rally is always a good time to meet friends from around the country and to add to that list for the next rally

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi -382077

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi -382079

Jam Kamal from Lasbella, drives a B-Stock Vigo

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi -382080

Zain Irani from Karachi, drives silver Suzuki Escudo

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi -382081

Abbas Akbar, Champion of Cholistan Rally 2006 on White-Yellow Evo, currently driving a B-Stock Vigo

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi -382082

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Ameer Haider Khan - Mitsubishi Evolution

Our new friend for Cholistan was Mr. Ameer Haider Shah (not in pic) on his Category A 4th position Silver Evo. Shah sb finished his run just ahead of us and was the first to run run up to me at the qualifying finish and asked "I thought you were faster than me, What did you do? Where did you brake?", I replied that just about the only small mistake was gearing down too early on the wrong left turn approaching the midway bumps. Will never forget the feeling when he told me my time was 21, for a few moments I was a completely lost/devastated with memories of Jhal where Adnan Siddiqui was the first to tell us our time was something more than 2 mins and copletely out of whack with the pack which was playing 1:30s-40s. It was a different feeling when he told us his time of 1:59.... being 2 secs off of an Evo driven by a Multani driver was not bad at all for us rookies! The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id10020

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default SK & Uzi Qualification - The Full Video!

The qualifying track was not completely a power-play favouring bigger engines, it required a fair bit of suspension in the two tough spots. Nevertheless, it was a power-play and we did a recce on Baltoro and seeing the deep sand, I decided solo to cut down weight and with an early draw we were able to thankfully work it all to our advantage despite our budget/stock jugaaroo suspension... Its a good feeling to know we have almost all of it on video. The last left turn is always very fun to watch for me! And yes, all the commentary in the background is a complete classic (both spectators and announcer)!
    The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id9950

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id10033

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id10030

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id10034

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id10031

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id9953

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nadir Magsi is well known all over the country for his exceptional driving skills, his less known brothers, who are equally talented drivers and equally great humans and who also dominated rallies at one point or the other are

1. Zafar Magsi

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi -382144

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi -382145

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi -382146

2. Amir Magsi, used to drive a B-Stock Vigo and dominated that category during 2008, 2009 and 2010 seasons. He is currently not rallying

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi -382142

3. Khalid Magsi, I have not seen him rallying during the last few yours but have heard that he was very competitive. Those who visited Jhal, know him well because he is the incharge of management therel

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi -382143

Picture by Courtesy of Adnan Chaudhry

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Zafar Magsi and his Navigator Adnan Chaudhary, their Evo and its interior

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi -382147

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi -382148

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi -382149

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Top notch coverage, commentary, narration n all!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Suhaib's Concordia had admirers everywhere

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi -382286

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Tech Inspection @ Sadiq Public School Bahawalpur

The technical inspection was done in Bahawalpur at the famous Sadiq Public School, Bahawalpur!
    The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id9857

We turned up over there completely expedition style after a full night of driving from Rawalpindi (via Faisalabad/Gojra/Kachu Khuu).. The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id9854

Well while many complained that the TDCP people at tech knew nothing about vehicles, we were asked pertinent questions about exactly what did we have in there! Once we had provided all the anwers, I think the word spread throughout Cholistan and we have the spectators in the UZi qualification video quiding us through UZi specs
    The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id9855

It felt like a true privelege to be there at the historic venue and the joyful questions and appreciation of the inspection team upon examination of the FJ Concordia UZi was a true treat. I cannot forget the expression on Farooq Awan's face during the inspection when he was revving the engine for the inspection team and onlookers who were enthusiastically curious about WTF was this!!!
    The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id9856

BTW they did put me through sort of a medical test, asking all those questions and checking my blood pressure and all. The guy remarked that I was only the second driver since morning whose blood pressure was turning out normal.
    The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id10150

With two jeeps both completely custom crafted in Rawalpindi. Having made it out there, I think we should have gotten a shield just for clearing tech But getting the number was a relief...
    The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id10149

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default More Scenery from Qualification...

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id9837

Sarfaraz Dhanji's LandRover 302
    The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id9841

More Taco....
    The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id9851

Some people decided to do pre-recce runs on their secondary vehicles....
    The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id9956

The general consensus was that the track got difficult with the passage of time.....
    The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id9958

Other vehicles....
    The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id9961

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id9967

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id9968

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id10024

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id10025

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id10026

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id10035

The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id10038

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Talking Mehmood Majeed - The Great Man who took it away from us....

While the general perception is that this year's track was modified to take away Nadir Magsi's advantage. The truth is that it was all a CIA based conspiracy to show that Pakistani craftsmanship is completely uncompetitive on the rally field The track was actually changed to take away the only portions where Concordia could really be competitive, the traditional Cholistan wide straight tracks! All we were left with was twisty turny winding sections and narrow straights with little hope of recovery if you lose it at high speeds.... Heck even the qualification was made bumpy jumpy to take it away from budget suspensions! And the very nice gentleman responsible for it all was Mr. Mehmood Majeed (I believe from Bahawalpur) who helped TDCP chaps design the various sections. His Vigo was by far the best looking car in my books (after Concordia ofcourse)!
    The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id10045

Jokes aside, Mehmood Sb. was genuinely excited to see us show up at Tech as he apparently remembered us from Jhal. And wow, what an amazing track it was, a "driver's track" as Nadir Magsi put it! Hats off to Mr. Majeed!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default More Qualification Scenes and Misc Videos...

Nauman Saranjam's Zong - ManU Vigo, acually designed by IJC's Hasan Zaman (@Hayzin) et all:
    The Cholistan Jeep Rally 2012 Report: IJC Rally Team Concordia and Team Saidhi - filephp?id10046

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

User Tag List