Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 3B query

Hello all

I am looking for factory installation positions for the power steering pump, AC compressor and alternator on the 3B engine. Cant seem to find any diagrams in the manuals i have for the 7x series cruisers. Can any one show me where each of these fits in stock positions? Pictures would really help.

Secondly I would like to know the price and availability of H55F gearbox in prindi and how much a H41 can fetch me. Waiting on hearing from your guys.

Best regards
    Hamzah Faateh

Flat six flattening things out!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here is the layout of the 2B engine.. 3B is also similar.. 3 belts running.. one for fan, one for AC and one for PS Pump.. hope this makes sense

H55 would be 40ish... is somethign wrong with H41? which diff are u running? H41 with 3.7 ratio should do good.. a 4.11 ratio asks for a 5th gear

3B query -405792
    75% of earth is covered by water... the rest by Jeep
    www.brokenknucklegarage.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default @akifjanjua

Thanks alot brother, that just about nailed it. The motor I have at hand does not have a ps pump nor compressor. These layouts I take are stock factory positions with attachments to the block itself. As for compressor, what do you think I should go with? The factory denso models or the supposedly better sanden kit with custom fabricated mounts?

The diffs I get are 4.1s which even with 5spd wont be setting any land speed records. All the same, I feel that a 5th gear would ease things up a bit on the tarmac. Other than that, I think the H41 is great, or atleast feels so in my FJ70.

Regards.
    Flat six flattening things out!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HamzahF View Post
    The diffs I get are 4.1s which even with 5spd wont be setting any land speed records. All the same, I feel that a 5th gear would ease things up a bit on the tarmac. Other than that, I think the H41 is great, or atleast feels so in my FJ70.

Regards.
    On the gearing, I think your feel is correct. From experience, with a 4.1sh diff, a 2B series and a LWB, the 5th gear does not gain anything much on the top speed, but is more of a relaxant if you are cruising on the highway or the motorway. Though, a good 3B and a SWB may be able to gain you a couple of more relaxed kmphs on top speed, but not much I would think. Its a rather lost cause anyways: BJs and topspeeds

One thing you should look into is to avoid variation in 1st to 3rd gear ratios between your current H41 and any H55 which you would swap in. I may be wrong but I came across some variations in the H41/42 and H55 gear ratios last time I tried to look into this. Would perhaps be good if someone can post the rundown on these variations.
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For AC Compressor.. i suggest new ones.. kabli only if you get a very nice one.. I got a denso one.. it was in exceptional condition and costed me 6K.. but cooling my BJ44 MWB aala

well i got 5 spd with 4.11.. and 80-90KM/H is the comfortable cruising speed on 100+ you realize ur fast and on 110 the alarm beeper goes off in my BJ

Explore another option.. switch to 3.7 diffs.. checkout the cost of the swap.. compare it with H55 swap cost.. with 3.7 diffs H41 would give you equal road manners as H55 with 4.11.. experienced this on a BJ60 with this configuration... a little slim tall tyres would add to better road ratios

H41 gives you the truck feel.. the odd reverse.. H55 is too carish
    75% of earth is covered by water... the rest by Jeep
    www.brokenknucklegarage.com

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List