5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default IJC Muddy River Offroad Bash - September 9, 2012

Islamabad Jeep Club held an open offroading event at Rawat on September 9, 2012. The event was attended by over 20 vehicles and around 40 enthusiasts including members,friends and several new comers. It was a great day out with great weather, wonderful company, a wide variety of 4x4s and some serious offroading. The event started out with a light drizzle which added some spice to the usual Rawat tracks, but the highlight of the event was around the stream in Rawat whose bridge had been washed away and the rains had created some wonderful offroading opportunities on the banks.

IJC Muddy River Offroad Bash - September 9, 2012 - filephp?id11484

A number of vehicles got stuck in the mud and upon getting unstuck most of them were given the opportunity to get stuck again which all of of them readily took up!

IJC Muddy River Offroad Bash - September 9, 2012 - 1038918d1347217819 ijc muddy river offroad bash september 9 2012 dsc 6951 hd

We then progressed towards a difficult track downstream but one of the banks had been washed away and getting up the base of the river back to the track became a fun challenge. The soft mud not providing traction and the 4x4s sliding all over the place.

IJC Muddy River Offroad Bash - September 9, 2012 - filephp?id11486

On the tough climb our first vehicle Shabab's LC80 got stuck in a precarious position and needed some working to get it back down in one piece. All in all it was a great day out and a memorable evening for the Club. The pics and videos will highlight the story better!

The highlight of the event without doubt was the spirit of the IJC members particularly the senior members/marshals to come to the assistance of anyone stuck or in trouble and get them back on track to unleash more mahem. Great Job Guys! Viva IJC!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

o man... looks like i missed a great event. would have loved to join but something came at the last moment. plz load up pics and vids

great muddy fun..
    I may get Lost But I don't get stuck!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default The Full Popcorn Video Summary !

Please feel free to share generously, even if you or your rig may not be exclusively featured here, kindly making sure that next time you either stick around the camera teams or at least jam the track long enough to leave them no option ! Enjoy!

"If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

when i peaked out of my room window in the morning i saw some good amount of down pour....called Untame, El presidente and NN to find the status... they were also ready but just like me were looking out for the weather and none of us was sure as to how would it go in so much of rain. The worry was that it would restrict us to stay within our vehicles with no fun. However, it turned out to be the other way around. Seeing so many Comrades lined up at Rawat... and the adrenalin kicked in. It was a great day out with some serious offroading in mud. enjoyed everytime when a vehicle would get stuck (of which most were stuck due to his majesty slightly modified motto "My way is a highway approach" One by one, the drivers were lured into the booby trap set by the monster Phantom and the fun began. It was a combo of various skills that we witnessed and the team work was just superb. Keep it up guys and looking forward to more such events.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by desertdevil View Post
    when i peaked out of my room window in the morning i saw some good amount of down pour....called Untame, El presidente and NN to find the status... they were also ready but just like me were looking out for the weather and none of us was sure as to how would it go in so much of rain. The worry was that it would restrict us to stay within our vehicles with no fun. However, it turned out to be the other way around. Seeing so many Comrades lined up at Rawat... and the adrenalin kicked in. It was a great day out with some serious offroading in mud. enjoyed everytime when a vehicle would get stuck (of which most were stuck due to his majesty slightly modified motto "My way is a highway approach" One by one, the drivers were lured into the booby trap set by the monster Phantom and the fun began. It was a combo of various skills that we witnessed and the team work was just superb. Keep it up guys and looking forward to more such events.
    never seen your evo at one of these events asad? she seems to be pretty pampered from the looks of things
    More Power!!! More power....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    Please feel free to share generously, even if you or your rig may not be exclusively featured here, kindly making sure that next time you either stick around the camera teams or at least jam the track long enough to leave them no option ! Enjoy!

Haha direct HIT at 2:36
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just do it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asad Bhai makes a very pertinent point, indeed.

The outing was very MUCH an "all hands on deck" affair; with a wonderful amount of participation by all and sundry. The drivers - who were (for the most part) hell-bent on getting into all sorts of trouble with the mud - the marshals - who had their hands pretty full with all the vehicles that were simultaneously getting stuck - and the recovery monsters - without whom, some of us would STILL be marooned, in situ!

Let's not forget the lensmen, either - Bilal and Suhaib and Orange - whose pictures thus far, have provided us with a lasting and enduring memory of this wonderful event.

Let us also pay tribute to Asad Bhai, Ali, Rizwan Bhai...for their incredible work with winch and inertia strap. Let us appreciate NN for his indomitable sense of good cheer, and the pulling power of his NPP. To the Kiani brothers, for their sense of vitality and participation. Let us give a pat on the back to Zeb and Shabab...for fearlessly blazing the trails...for being the Powindahs, or Pathfinders. To Hayzin, whose NP did more than its fair amount of wheeling and retrieving.

And for those whose names haven't been mentioned here, individually...we've all been winners. Every single one of us. Let us all sit back with a smug look on our faces, for being part of such a terrific adventure. Let us all revel in the afterglow of an exceptionally well-attended event, where, even after some hair-raising, death-defying stunts...we're all alive and well, to chuckle at the madness!

And finally...a word for Aamir Bhai...our ever-smiling, ever-encouraging, ever-daring, ever-enterprising Captain of the Ship...jo karde karaande tey kujj naien...par baqi inaan noon Guru Ji kendey ne.
    Always buy cars which your children love. They'll be helpful allies against your wife, later on!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Finally the double pull did it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

IJC Muddy River Offroad Bash - September 9 2012 -1039414

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

IJC Muddy River Offroad Bash - September 9 2012 -1039415

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadhafeez View Post
    Asad Bhai makes a very pertinent point, indeed.

The outing was very MUCH an "all hands on deck" affair; with a wonderful amount of participation by all and sundry. The drivers - who were (for the most part) hell-bent on getting into all sorts of trouble with the mud - the marshals - who had their hands pretty full with all the vehicles that were simultaneously getting stuck - and the recovery monsters - without whom, some of us would STILL be marooned, in situ!

Let's not forget the lensmen, either - Bilal and Suhaib and Orange - whose pictures thus far, have provided us with a lasting and enduring memory of this wonderful event.

Let us also pay tribute to Asad Bhai, Ali, Rizwan Bhai...for their incredible work with winch and inertia strap. Let us appreciate NN for his indomitable sense of good cheer, and the pulling power of his NPP. To the Kiani brothers, for their sense of vitality and participation. Let us give a pat on the back to Zeb and Shabab...for fearlessly blazing the trails...for being the Powindahs, or Pathfinders. To Hayzin, whose NP did more than its fair amount of wheeling and retrieving.

And for those whose names haven't been mentioned here, individually...we've all been winners. Every single one of us. Let us all sit back with a smug look on our faces, for being part of such a terrific adventure. Let us all revel in the afterglow of an exceptionally well-attended event, where, even after some hair-raising, death-defying stunts...we're all alive and well, to chuckle at the madness!

And finally...a word for Aamir Bhai...our ever-smiling, ever-encouraging, ever-daring, ever-enterprising Captain of the Ship...jo karde karaande tey kujj naien...par baqi inaan noon Guru Ji kendey ne.
    Thanks a lot fouad bhai for remebering all of us and u are always welcome to this area whenever u want to check ur monster i have a factory in this area so obviously i will also host u with delicious tikkas if its arranged accordingly by all our IJC family.Sir really appreciate ur effort and time which u gave on the preperation of this monster.Hatts off and thanks for pulling me out from the chocolate chip mud really enjoyed the whole event.IJC Zindabad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bilal_Z View Post
    IJC Muddy River Offroad Bash - September 9 2012 -1039415
    Thanks Bilal_Z for such a nice take and uploading the same in a different way.Like it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Some frightening descend

IJC Muddy River Offroad Bash - September 9 2012 -1039422

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's my pleasure, brother. Truly my pleasure. I was enormously honoured to have been part of such a wonderful, collaborative effort. And once the build of the Phantom finds approval and appreciation from friends, brothers, and acquaintances alike...tau dost, waheen pe paise poorey ho jaate hain.

Behar haal Zeb...uss chocolate chip mud noon chhadna naien! Uss ko tau abhi paar kar key hee dum lena hai, bhai.

When I first tested the Phantom close to home, I managed to snap one of its tie-rod ends off...and crippled the beast. We had to re-attach the new end, while the Phantom was still stuck in the nullah! But a couple of weeks later, I went back to the very same site JUST to see if the ride performed better than before. And it did, Alhamdolillah.

This time around, I'm lucky that the only casualty to the rig was a de-eyed shock...and the monster made it back home, without any problems.

Tey fir...kee khial aey?
    Always buy cars which your children love. They'll be helpful allies against your wife, later on!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

IJC Muddy River Offroad Bash - September 9 2012 -1039456