Dear All, AoA.
My knowledge is quite limited about my new found love of automobiles, learning something new everyday and planning a few builds. InshaAllah.
I was first considering rebuilding a CJ7 but my research told me that the FJ40 is a far better alternative in terms of strength of body , chasis etc. Slowly and gradually i was sold out for the FJ40. Im looking for one right now and would like you guys to let me know of an owner who is ready to part ways with his FJ40.
I have a very specific (read finicky :p) taste and would like my ride just the way I want it and nothing short of that. So the best thing for me to do is do every thing from scratch. This thread will be an education journey for me as well as I ask you knowledgeable gents to school me all the way till Im done.
I have made a list of things to include in my ride, catagorizing them in engine, interiors, drive train, exterior, electronics, suspensions and misc, and also started collecting/locating some of the stuff i wanna put in my FJ. One of the things that I wanna put is a nice dashboard. But some freinds tell me that FJ is not designed to hold a dashboard.... As I have already admitted of my low levels of knowledge in the department, can u guys give ur opinions??
1. What should I look for when I go around looking for a used dashboard in terms of measurements? How do i find out what will fit and what won't fit?
2. What should I expect to pay?
3. Can i find the dash board of some later cars like Suzuki Jimny of Mini Pajero? and at what cost?
4. I donot want a very broad dashboard as it will kill some of the overall and leg space. I want a narrow one like a Jeep or Jimny one. suggestions of any other dashboards are welcome.
5. Can i paint the dash board in any color and will the color hold or get scrathed easily during use?
6. once the dash is installed, will all the functions on it be operational?
kind regards, and thanx in advance for educating me in the art and science of automobiles.Similar Threads:
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad