Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Help for 1KZ Diesel Engine - Toyota Surf 1997

Hi Guys,

I have a Toyota Surf 1997 - 1KZ Diesel Engine 3000cc.

Besides regular oil change, diesel filter change, oil filter change & fuel injector cleaning liquid, can you recommend any other engine maintaining methods or things I should get done before any bad news?

I have 140,000km on it. Smoke is on the low side. Timing belt sticker shows 100,021km (I guess it was changed by the previous owner). How to confirm? What else besides timing belt? Please recommend things to do for a Diesel Engine.

Also please recommend any good place for brake checks & replacement.

Thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brake oil and steering oil and majority of other oils should be checked every 40000km and dealt accordingly(if less they should be topped up, if dirty then should be replaced)
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would recommend you to use Liquioly Ceratec in addition to normal service incl. oil and filters change and get the timing belt checked as well.

I have used LM Ceratec in my HJ60, 3980cc, 6 cylinder, diesel engine, the engine has done 257000 miles (its london model) about 410000 kms without overhauling, so I thought there would be alot of wear inside the engine, and the jeep was having rough idling, after putting two LM Ceratec 300 ml bottles (one bottle is enough for 5 ltr engine oil in my case engine oil is 9 ltrs so I put two) now my jeep has very smooth idling, pick has also increased and its giving quite good mileage around 7-8 km/l in city and 10 km/l on motorway at aspeed of 100-110 km/h, these figures have been tried and tested several times.

Also use LM diesl purge, it will remove blockage from the nozzles resulting in good mileage and smooth drive.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jehanzebnasir View Post
    I would recommend you to use Liquioly Ceratec in addition to normal service incl. oil and filters change and get the timing belt checked as well.

I have used LM Ceratec in my HJ60, 3980cc, 6 cylinder, diesel engine, the engine has done 257000 miles (its london model) about 410000 kms without overhauling, so I thought there would be alot of wear inside the engine, and the jeep was having rough idling, after putting two LM Ceratec 300 ml bottles (one bottle is enough for 5 ltr engine oil in my case engine oil is 9 ltrs so I put two) now my jeep has very smooth idling, pick has also increased and its giving quite good mileage around 7-8 km/l in city and 10 km/l on motorway at aspeed of 100-110 km/h, these figures have been tried and tested several times.

Also use LM diesl purge, it will remove blockage from the nozzles resulting in good mileage and smooth drive.
    Bro From where you got the LM diesel purge? Once I bought it from Filter House DHA but it didn't work at all. Seems fake to me.
    Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
    @ Ahmed Ejaz, I did it once when I overhauled my 1KZ, you don't need to change the brake oil if it is not polluted with any foreign particles bcoz it is only use to pressurize the pistons in the brake assembly.....Never changed the diff oil in 4 years bcoz it is also not required........I use Toyota's original engine oil which is available in black tin 4L (not the plastic bottle) (15w40) but it's quiet expensive and I change it after 5000km but it is written on the tin that change it after 10000km....Never use (15w45) bcoz it will make your engine a little hard to lubricate as it is use for heavier engines......I also used shell (delo 500)as suggested by my mechanic when I could not find the original one in Peshawar during my vacations trip...

Umm, not agreed

The brake oil should be changed every two years
    diff oils should be changed every 20000-40000 km depending on use (abuse) or SIX MONTHS (whichever comes first), the coating on the gear/pinion HAS to be saved for noise-free operation

Engine oil depends on the oil change interval or six months (whichever comes first)
    Auto transmission for the prado should be changed within 40K Km, same with manual transmission and transfer case.
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    brake oil and steering oil and majority of other oils should be checked every 40000km and dealt accordingly(if less they should be topped up, if dirty then should be replaced)
    Brake n steering oil is basically called Hydraulic fluid.The primary function of a hydraulic fluid is to convey power.However, there are other important functions of hydraulic fluid such as protection of the hydraulic machine components so if the hydraulic fluid or oil is dirty then you have to replace it bcoz it may contain particles which can damage the seals.....so when it is not required then don't change it.....If the level of brake fluid is reducing then it means, your car brake pads are worn out or there may be a leakage some where in the brake line or seals. The max & min mark on the bottle of brake fluid on the booster is use as a brake pad worn out indicator......when you change your brake pads, fill the brake fluid up to max marking and when it reduces to min mark then this is the time you change your brake pads...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List