Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Land crusier capsule /chassie

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    zamanabbas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    40
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Land crusier capsule /chassie

    Hi Salam,
    I have access to three chassis
    1-Rangers Auctioned RKR 3 door.
    2-Land Cruiser 5 dOOr Chassis 1991 .Army Auctioned.
    3-Land Cruiser 5 door chassis 1988.Army Auctioned

    I have some queries about chassis and capsule adjustment.
    Can we adjust capsule of 3 door prado 2003 on RKR.
    or
    Can we adjust capsule of land cruiser 2009 on the chassis of 1991 Land cruiser.

  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    babarhyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,956
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cfb View Post
    @ capsat, glad to be of assistance. I will continue to help in any way that I can.

    In the case of the half cut depicted, the PCT will not be 7204.4920 but will instead come from Chapter 87, specifically sub-heading 8703, of the Pakistan Customs Tariff (PCT), as per Rule 2(a) of the General Rules for Interpretation. I can not specify the exact PCT since I have no idea what engine size we are referring to here. As you can see in the picture above, the vehicle still retains its "essential character" after dis-assembly and if imported in the form shown above. When conflicting headings are available for classification of a single product, it is pertinent to refer to the General Rules for Interpretation that are listed in the PCT just before the First Chapter. Rule 2(a) of the General Rules for Interpretation states that a product that retains its essential character after dis-assembly must be classified as the original product itself. However, if the vehicle is totally sliced up and its form is not recognizable as a vehicle anymore, you may apply Chapter 72 since there is no essential character to the sliced up pieces.

    On another note, why would you wish to import a sliced up vehicle? Are you planning to redo an older vehicle or are you planning to sell off spare parts?

    Hope this helps. Please feel free to put up any queries.

    Fahad Bashir,
    Assistant Collector, Pakistan Customs
    How about those 4X4/luxury sedans which have already gone body change of same model before 10 years or more. As I know few of such vehicles which have undergone body change of same model. Are they legal or illegal on road? And what one can do NOW if illegal?

  3. #22
    cfb
    cfb is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    cfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    How about those 4X4/luxury sedans which have already gone body change of same model before 10 years or more. As I know few of such vehicles which have undergone body change of same model. Are they legal or illegal on road? And what one can do NOW if illegal?
    When a vehicle has a body change, a number of complications arise. It becomes hard to recognise the chassis number, the VIN and in general the origin of the vehicle. As long as the body change has been documented properly, the vehicle is perfectly legal. However, if Customs captures the vehicle, discovers a body change and you don't have supporting evidence for the body change, the vehicle is subject to confiscation since it will be considered tampered. If you have such a vehicle, please contact your nearest Customs Station for clarification regarding documentation.

    Fahad Bashir,
    Assistant Collector, Pakistan Customs
    CFB

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    555
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    You guys are mixing up two things hereLets say i have a chassis of 1st gen pajero and i want to put body of second gen on it, ITS ILLEGAL but changing body of 1st gen on 1st gen chassis is LEGAL all you need is custom reciept which proves you paid duty on the BODY
    Dear didn't get your point...if u r changing the body of 1st gen on 1st gen chassis then how any 1 will know whether the body is changed or not...u need nothing other than your documents and return file for selling or transferring

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using PW Forums mobile app
    From 2.0 Toyota Corolla to 2.5 MMC Pajero ...Corolla u ll always b missed...but the life goes ON...

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    555
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    Are you sure about this, I don't think it is correct. It doesn't state anywhere that you can't do this.
    If u r putting 2nd gen body on 1st gen chassis this is illegal...there was a time when it was not objected but its a serious crime now a days

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using PW Forums mobile app
    From 2.0 Toyota Corolla to 2.5 MMC Pajero ...Corolla u ll always b missed...but the life goes ON...

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    @CFB thank you, I will read in detail the chapters you referred.

    purely half cuts for spares only. The yards have agreed to deface the chassis numbers without destroying engines wheels removed. people are interested in SUV & high end sedans. Not all to remodel, I understand your apprehension in that case. Rest assured non of PW member is involved in illegal stuff, certain oversights surely happen but nothing over commercial scale or as trade.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Land crusier capsule chassie -1473951

    @cfb these look like cars but are half cuts with complete front cosmetics, engine & power train similarly rear halves are also with rear axles. The yards offer choice rear or front as the case may be. in this case it will be classified in 72 or 87 ?
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    babarhyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,956
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cfb View Post
    When a vehicle has a body change, a number of complications arise. It becomes hard to recognise the chassis number, the VIN and in general the origin of the vehicle. As long as the body change has been documented properly, the vehicle is perfectly legal. However, if Customs captures the vehicle, discovers a body change and you don't have supporting evidence for the body change, the vehicle is subject to confiscation since it will be considered tampered. If you have such a vehicle, please contact your nearest Customs Station for clarification regarding documentation.

    Fahad Bashir,
    Assistant Collector, Pakistan Customs
    Thank you for your helpful reply. But what kind of supporting evidence are we talking about here? And do we need to keep that evidence along with registration book all the time?

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    babarhyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,956
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lateralus View Post
    Dear didn't get your point...if u r changing the body of 1st gen on 1st gen chassis then how any 1 will know whether the body is changed or not...u need nothing other than your documents and return file for selling or transferring

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using PW Forums mobile app
    Than by your definition what proof do you have that the body of your vehicle is NOT swapped? which implies that we should go by the book. Pajeros have VIN information as well though bit vague but still one can identify what's original and what's not.

  10. #29
    cfb
    cfb is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    cfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Typically there are differences in dimensions between chassis of different generations, even for the same model. Mechanics tend to cut up and reweld the chassis to make different generation's bodies fit on the same chassis. This cutting and welding is an illegal activity since it tampers the original make. It becomes hard to decipher the vehicle's origin when there are numerous manipulations to it. The ban on cut, weld or tampering otherwise has been instituted namely for the following reasons:
    1. terrorists have been known to use tampered vehicles for transport of arms and munitions;
    2. tampered vehicles have been used in car bombing attacks and the tampered vehicle is later very hard to identify in terms of its origin;
    3. tampered vehicles auctioned off by Customs have been used to produce cloned tampered vehicles that are used under the same documentation.
    The nature and extent of complications arising from cutting, welding or otherwise tampering with the chassis are numerous so these activities have been prohibited outright under national law.

    Fahad Bashir,
    Assistant Collector, Pakistan Customs
    CFB

  11. #30
    cfb
    cfb is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    cfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    Thank you for your helpful reply. But what kind of supporting evidence are we talking about here? And do we need to keep that evidence along with registration book all the time?
    Babar, supporting evidence refers to documents provided by Customs when the changed body has been cleared for installation. Typically, it is wise to keep a copy of the payment receipt and the Customs order detailing the change that lists the older body's details and the newer body's details. You should carry such evidence with you at all times since you could be asked to produce such evidence at any time by an agent of Pakistan Customs. The massive extent of changes to vehicles, especially jeeps, means that when you are not carrying any evidence with you, the agent of Pakistan Customs has to detain the vehicle till the point in time that you produce relevant evidence. Rather than getting your vehicle detained, it is wiser to keep these papers with you at all times along with the motor vehicle authority's registration certificate.

    Fahad Bashir,
    Assistant Collector, Pakistan Customs
    CFB

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    babarhyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,956
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cfb View Post
    Babar, supporting evidence refers to documents provided by Customs when the changed body has been cleared for installation. Typically, it is wise to keep a copy of the payment receipt and the Customs order detailing the change that lists the older body's details and the newer body's details. You should carry such evidence with you at all times since you could be asked to produce such evidence at any time by an agent of Pakistan Customs. The massive extent of changes to vehicles, especially jeeps, means that when you are not carrying any evidence with you, the agent of Pakistan Customs has to detain the vehicle till the point in time that you produce relevant evidence. Rather than getting your vehicle detained, it is wiser to keep these papers with you at all times along with the motor vehicle authority's registration certificate.

    Fahad Bashir,
    Assistant Collector, Pakistan Customs
    Thank you for your clarification. This has been quite helpful. Hope to see you helping out Pakwheels members in such confusing scenarios.

  13. #32
    cfb
    cfb is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    cfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    Than by your definition what proof do you have that the body of your vehicle is NOT swapped? which implies that we should go by the book. Pajeros have VIN information as well though bit vague but still one can identify what's original and what's not.
    I am not completely at liberty to discuss the methods that we use to identify vehicle chassis and bodies, however, you can rest assured that every differentiated component of the vehicle can be traced out. Merely the VIN itself provides a lot of information regarding vehicle origin. There are a number of trained eyes who can take a mere look at the VIN and decipher if the vehicle is tampered or not or if there has been a body or engine swap.

    Fahad Bashir,
    Assistant Collector, Pakistan Customs
    CFB

  14. #33
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    babarhyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,956
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cfb View Post
    I am not completely at liberty to discuss the methods that we use to identify vehicle chassis and bodies, however, you can rest assured that every differentiated component of the vehicle can be traced out. Merely the VIN itself provides a lot of information regarding vehicle origin. There are a number of trained eyes who can take a mere look at the VIN and decipher if the vehicle is tampered or not or if there has been a body or engine swap.

    Fahad Bashir,
    Assistant Collector, Pakistan Customs
    Exactly. Every VIN can be translated. All it needs is trained eye.

  15. #34
    cfb
    cfb is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    cfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    @CFB thank you, I will read in detail the chapters you referred.

    purely half cuts for spares only. The yards have agreed to deface the chassis numbers without destroying engines wheels removed. people are interested in SUV & high end sedans. Not all to remodel, I understand your apprehension in that case. Rest assured non of PW member is involved in illegal stuff, certain oversights surely happen but nothing over commercial scale or as trade.
    "capsat", there are two different aspects that you need to look at. Firstly, when you bring in entire front ends or rear ends, even if the chassis number is defaced, a lot of malicious activity could still be carried out. Secondly, when such materials are brought in for commercial purposes, the practice is to disassemble each individual component and then pack it into containers. Packing entire front ends or rear ends tends to waste a lot of space. Commercial importers of used auto parts tend to pack doors and panels at the bottom and side view mirrors, head lights etc. on top with engines and other spares in the middle.
    Regarding your query on classification, the front ends and rear ends in the pictured condition are still 8703 goods. The PCT classification for 7204 refers to scrap or waste auto parts. Our definition of scrap and waste means that the parts are not usable at all except for remelting and turning into iron and steel billets. I will still consult the concerned examination and appraissment groups and produce a reply within a few days time.

    Fahad Bashir,
    Assistant Collector, Pakistan Customs
    CFB

  16. #35
    cfb
    cfb is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    cfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    Thank you for your clarification. This has been quite helpful. Hope to see you helping out Pakwheels members in such confusing scenarios.
    Glad to be of assistance Babar.
    CFB

  17. #36
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    @cfb Thank you and I will look forward to more details. right now friends are into cabins for trailers only, if your clarification educate me enough I will convince them to take chance on few lots of half cuts from S'pore & Thailand
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  18. #37
    PakWheeler Follow
    Cruise99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Mr. Fahad,
    Thanks for sharing info on body changes. It has helped a lot of our pw members. Pl also share info on repairing or partial replacement of accidented chassis or rusted old chassis for both cars that have chassis number stamped on the chassis like japanese cars and cars that have no number stamped on chassis like American/european cars. Lot of our local denters end up replacing the accidented or rusted portion of the chassis with a new piece or replacing with another car chassis part. Is that legal or illegal? Thanks.

  19. #38
    Site Banned Follow
    engineermali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Quetta
    Age
    35
    Posts
    7,883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaddy View Post
    Hi Salam,
    I have access to three chassis
    1-Rangers Auctioned RKR 3 door.
    2-Land Cruiser 5 dOOr Chassis 1991 .Army Auctioned.
    3-Land Cruiser 5 door chassis 1988.Army Auctioned

    I have some queries about chassis and capsule adjustment.
    Can we adjust capsule of 3 door prado 2003 on RKR.
    or
    Can we adjust capsule of land cruiser 2009 on the chassis of 1991 Land cruiser.





    That will be illegal.

  20. #39
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Haroon_Tarar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,213
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Interesting discussion. Will participate later on

    Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •