Post 4 *4 suv for drive within city & northern areas

Assalamu Alaikum

I am blank at knowledge of suvs.

Plz suggest me a good suv in light of My requirements

1. It should be three door.

2. As I have stated in subject it should be powerful
    what about 2500 or 2800 cc???

3. Easily maintainable
    as I want to visit northern areas not workshops.

4. My budget is 10,00,000 pkr.
    Kafi hai na

+ tell me fuel options available

+ kindly tell me the way to check vehicle whether its genuine or body swapped etc.

My preference is Mitsubishi Pajero

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Comparsion of Toyota with others in Pakistan

Durabilty
    Toyota no one else even come closer to it other than Defender

Parts availabilty Cheap parts readily available whatever you choose whether Prado or Landcruiser

Ease of Maintainence You can easily do maintainence from Toyota Dealership as well (personnel experience no hanky phanky)

Looks You have a variety between Landcruiser, Prado and Surf

Comfort Jeeps having coil springs are comfortable as compared to one having leaf springs.

Fuel efficiency 1KZ city 6-7 km/l on long routes keeping it upto 100 it will give 9-10km/l.

A quick comparison could be that most of the pajero and even Landrover are converted to Toyota engines. Really you open the sales section of pakwheels and most of the 1st gen pajeros and landrover defender would be converted to toyota engines.

Landrover could be very powerful in terms of offroading etc. but there is another thing these vehicles are not designed for the quality of fuel we have here.

Even toyota with there new D4D technology is a big failure in pakistan it does not mean that the technology is failure but the reason is that it is not designed for the fuel quality we have.

Let me share my experience

Got an HJ60, 3980 cc, 6 cylinder diesel engine, 400000 kms driven throughout in private use, mostly in original paint, the factors which I considered before buying it was that its an old school vehicle with no sensors and very less hassles, its like a pure mechanical machine, so considering its age she wont let you down anywhere up north by some malfunctioning of its sensors etc.

Parts are readily available from montgomery road lahore and are cheap, did all preventive maintainence from Toyota Ravi motors, put new Yokohama Geolandar AT/S and enjoying the ride.

Its giving superb fuel efficiency of 8 km/l in city and 10 km/l on highway although I was quite frightened by its 3980 cc in the beginning but then read alot of forums on www.ih8mud.com regaridng it usage, reliabilty and running cost.

The most enjoyable thing is that I slept in it by folding its rear seats on my recent camping trip to Rohtas fort, by folding its rear seats you get a 5'-6" x 4'-9" (bed enough for two persons) just lay your sleeping bag and you can sleep anywhere in it provided the weather is good. Its not possible in a three door.

Three door versions looks nice and its really a very well performer in offroading but when you consider its practicality for trips to northern areas it fails due to the reason that it has same engine like five door models with far less space.

Its really rough and tough machine offcourse its has not too much accessories but its like a camper vehicle, you can have plenty of luggage in it.
    4 *4 suv for drive within city & northern areas - 1062940d1351060838 nothing impossible toyota 4x4s 779

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asif971 View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum

I am blank at knowledge of suvs.

Plz suggest me a good suv in light of My requirements

1. It should be three door.

2. As I have stated in subject it should be powerful
    what about 2500 or 2800 cc???

3. Easily maintainable
    as I want to visit northern areas not workshops.

4. My budget is 10,00,000 pkr.
    Kafi hai na

+ tell me fuel options available

+ kindly tell me the way to check vehicle whether its genuine or body swapped etc.

My preference is Mitsubishi Pajero
    I have about the same requirements. A 4x4 that can be used as a daily runner with respect to its fuel economy (not concerned about comfort, gadgets etc. except that it should have proper heating and cooling of the cabin, not a great fan of open-air CJs). Yes, I don't expect 12-15 km/l, but any 4x4 that can give up to 10 km/l within city would be economical. I agree with @jahanzebnasir that the old-school diesel machines are more suited to our old-school mechanical expertise in the country. Any suggestions are welcome.
    I refuse to be a role model
    I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If at all u r spending 10 lac rs on a 4X4, than go for a 5 door veh. The fuel consumption will almost be same. BJ 60's and HJ 60's are good option. And u can get a good veh in 6 to 7 lacs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice monster Jehanzeb.

Quote Originally Posted by jehanzebnasir View Post
    Comparsion of Toyota with others in Pakistan

Durabilty
    Toyota no one else even come closer to it other than Defender

Parts availabilty Cheap parts readily available whatever you choose whether Prado or Landcruiser

Ease of Maintainence You can easily do maintainence from Toyota Dealership as well (personnel experience no hanky phanky)

Looks You have a variety between Landcruiser, Prado and Surf

Comfort Jeeps having coil springs are comfortable as compared to one having leaf springs.

Fuel efficiency 1KZ city 6-7 km/l on long routes keeping it upto 100 it will give 9-10km/l.

A quick comparison could be that most of the pajero and even Landrover are converted to Toyota engines. Really you open the sales section of pakwheels and most of the 1st gen pajeros and landrover defender would be converted to toyota engines.

Landrover could be very powerful in terms of offroading etc. but there is another thing these vehicles are not designed for the quality of fuel we have here.

Even toyota with there new D4D technology is a big failure in pakistan it does not mean that the technology is failure but the reason is that it is not designed for the fuel quality we have.

Let me share my experience

Got an HJ60, 3980 cc, 6 cylinder diesel engine, 400000 kms driven throughout in private use, mostly in original paint, the factors which I considered before buying it was that its an old school vehicle with no sensors and very less hassles, its like a pure mechanical machine, so considering its age she wont let you down anywhere up north by some malfunctioning of its sensors etc.

Parts are readily available from montgomery road lahore and are cheap, did all preventive maintainence from Toyota Ravi motors, put new Yokohama Geolandar AT/S and enjoying the ride.

Its giving superb fuel efficiency of 8 km/l in city and 10 km/l on highway although I was quite frightened by its 3980 cc in the beginning but then read alot of forums on www.ih8mud.com regaridng it usage, reliabilty and running cost.

The most enjoyable thing is that I slept in it by folding its rear seats on my recent camping trip to Rohtas fort, by folding its rear seats you get a 5'-6" x 4'-9" (bed enough for two persons) just lay your sleeping bag and you can sleep anywhere in it provided the weather is good. Its not possible in a three door.

Three door versions looks nice and its really a very well performer in offroading but when you consider its practicality for trips to northern areas it fails due to the reason that it has same engine like five door models with far less space.

Its really rough and tough machine offcourse its has not too much accessories but its like a camper vehicle, you can have plenty of luggage in it.
    4 *4 suv for drive within city & northern areas - 1062940d1351060838 nothing impossible toyota 4x4s 779
    GO MEAN OR GO HOME | facebook.com/4x4MeanMachines | facebook.com/ythband

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List