3.0L Engine for Prado- Expert information required
Basically I am planning to purchase a 2001 prado (Indus Import) which has a 3.0L non turbo engine. Please help me understand the following questions about 3.0L toyota engine:
1. The engine capacity of such an engine is 2800 CC;
2. I have looked at Toyota Indus new Prado specs and it also shows 3.0L engine, is this the same as the one in 2001 model or there is any difference in these engines;
3. What is the expected life of such engine, the vehicle i am looking to purchase has a milage of over 100,000 km;
4. Is it easy to replace such engines and if so at what cost;
5. What is the milage that this engine provides in a litre.
6. Any other general thoughts or advice that you may like to add would be most helpful.
Its not 3.0L its 3L just to be clear and yes it is 2.8 Liter.
Toyota 2L, 2L-T, 3L are all similar engines except for the Turbo charged 2L-T. They're reliable engines and a little less on the power side.
I swapped a 2L engine and it cost me around 100k almost 2 years ago, it'll be somewhere around that mark for a 2L, 3L is similar but I guess its slightly harder to find.
Thank you RovingCalypso for the information. I think others found that i was too naive to ask such basic questions but honestly that is case, i really did not know much about this stuff. I have had great liking for three door prados especially the indus import ones but i do not have much knowledge of what is under the hood, hence i asked.
Any advice on the price range of prado 3 door, 2000-2001, Indus import would also be appreciated. Thanks you all.
All this depends on yr use. If u could let us know how u r going to use it a bit in detail, i am sure u'll have many answers. Over all 3L if fitted originally by company in a veh gives very good results. Non turbo and non efi makes it easy to handle and gives very good average or around 9 to 10KM/ ltr. Will yr veh be 3 door or 5 door?
@Noman, it is a three door in which i am interested. Wish to use it as a second vehile, occasional city use and primarily for travelling to Lahore to Multan and the annual trip to northen areas with family.