Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: The 1 million budget off SUV thread.

  1. #1
    Site Banned Follow
    atharshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default The 1 million budget off SUV thread.

    Hi guyz

    I bring up another intresting thread this time specificaly for suv's which fall within the budget of 1 million.

    most people use suv's either as thier first vehicle or as a second grocerie's & picnic vehicle.

    I am the second type.


    Suv's are purpose and fun built vehicles and can accomplish many purpose's.In pakistan we have a fair off road culture and due to the vastness of pakistan and its extreme altitudes,wilderness,long highways, deseart's and tough terrain suv's and off roaders are preffered. And people from subarban areas who are in the cultivation trade preffer suv's too.

    which makes for a huge consumer market for suv's.

    we still have mid 80's suv parts still available in the market to full fill their requirements so these vehicles can thrive even years after their final productions.

    I have narrowed down to a few popular suv's down in pakistan and also the not so popular one.

    there are a wide veriety of suv's available, but i have narrowed it down to a max budget of 1 million and large hard top models with 5 or 7 seater capacity, which can be used as daily practical family vehicles.

    So here are my preffered logical & practical vehicles, which i believe are a lot fun to drive even today.

    All info provided here is self accumulated and not sourced through any other sources or websites.

    So lets begin.

    NO 1: Toyota Land Cruiser 70/Prado 70 Series.
    A Legandry vehicle from pakistani standards. has and is being used by pakistan, army, police, senior officers, patrol cars and in many other organizations of pakistan.

    and is still being used therefore aample spare parts,and lot of rebuilts of salvages therefore familiar with the pakistan michanics & denters.

    has a 7 seater with 3rd row foldable seat capacity and can easily seat 07.

    nice cooling and heating system and has got a very comfertable ride, with great comfy soft seats. along with its go any wheare capability.

    amazing for long trips and picnics.

    guarintees attention and respect as has is being used by government officials..

    looks wise i can still give it a 10 as it looks realy great compared to its older brother the 60 series.


    a good well mantained one will be hitting you a 1 million mark. i think that is the max you should go for this vehicle.

    The 1 million budget off SUV thread. - LJ78 ExPo39


    Toyota Land Cruiser 80/Series.
    A lot different then the 70, this time with better, improved height and a longer wheel base compared to the already big 70. and also a lot much more muscular feeling. came in a massive 4.2 L diesel capacity. with amazing power and go any wheare capabilities.

    Mostly used in the elite class and not many used or distributed by government compared to the 70.
    Came in Auto/manual and full awd options.

    very popular amoungs landlords.

    and an excelent all arround family vehicle suitable for all times.

    can put on the hat of an elite business vehicle, and does not feel disconnected crawling vertical. or wrangling horizontal dust.

    it is the vehicle for almost any type of mood and enviornment.

    excelent for family and picnics and is a good option for some one who is looking for every thing in one vehicle and wants it in a budget.

    prices will be a lil over 1 million, but with a good reliable search you can find a reliable one close to 1 milllion.

    The 1 million budget off SUV thread. - Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series

    Mitsubishi Pajero 1st Generation

    Another spacious low budget vehicle, available freely in aample stocks all over pakistan. possibly the most famous of the 3 generations in pakistan.
    mostly available in the 5 seater format but 7 seaters are available too.

    a bit old so wont have all the basic features of a modern vehicle.
    cant comment on the ride cuz riden one a long time back. cant say about the comfy factor either.

    but has good off road capabiltities.

    and for those who are looking for a budget family suv this is the ideal choice.

    a good one can be fetched for arround 6 lacks and thing above that in not reasonable unless extra ordianary condition.
    resale is not as good as the above but if u buy cheap u sell cheap..
    The 1 million budget off SUV thread. - images?qtbnANd9GcTl3nqbri2NCX42GiBDCGxfH6hMem41DM3n1QElAquKmgdOkyqKa8ZMlYDFWw

    Mitsubishi Pajero 2nd Generation.

    a direct rival to the 80 series with simmilar matching economic features.

    the same go any wheare capability.
    the abiltiy to blend in to the enviornment. can put on its party hat and take you to your hi profile meeting, can take you across country, and can be a bit fun too.

    prices are slightly better then the 80 series a good vehicle can be baught in the 1 million range, how ever prices start from as low as 650 due to low resale and can go above 1 for a late model.

    how ever very executive and very sleekly designed. a moderate and a very reliable 2.8 inter cooler with aamples of power. and lot of comfart.

    i think i would go for this over the 80 as it is easy to mantain and a bit smaller then the 80 but with almost the same cabinet space. might not have the same luxuries off course as the 80. though.

    has a fairly good resale in market terms and parts hould be available easily.


    very popular amoungs government employees. so be sure you will get some cardinal respect.

    all combined with some amazing off road capabilities.

    you might have to do some repair work if you get it below 8. best of luck for your buy.

    auto transmission is an excelent buy on this 1.
    The 1 million budget off SUV thread. - PC020002


    Nissan patrol 4th generation

    again the only popular model of the series in pakistan.very popular amoungst the feudals and landlords back in the day. one of the biggest suv's arround to this date, a massive 4.2 displacement to cruise.

    all arround good off road capabilities and very spacious for family use.

    prices start from as low as 5 and can go to arround a million for a good 1.

    be sure to get a good michanic along to get a good inspection.

    The 1 million budget off SUV thread. - 1992 nissan patrol pic 2337325313024818373

    Toyota hilux SSR-X.

    again a very popular local vehicle. was used by generations for its reliability, very popular amoungst the feudals and subarban people. baught prominance to the guard and security personal culture in pakistan. also supported the government and army officials. worked as an army partner in tough far out terrains of pakistan.
    but currently is rarely seen on the urban roads.

    but is a very good option as a second vehicle and for people from out stations.
    resale is fairly reasonable being a toyota.

    has a nice towing capacity and can be used for heavy duty works, a bit different from the above but if you are looking for a vehicle with a slightly different purpose. take a look at this legand.

    which top gear prooves is near to indestructible.

    The 1 million budget off SUV thread. - toyota hilux ssr x 04

    Land rover deffender (110)

    not the most popular in pakistan for some reason but has a strong international history, almost as good as the toyotas.

    Land rovers never grew prominance amoungst the suv seekers in pakistan. was mostly imported by diplomatic missions specialy british, and those are the only vehicles we are left with.

    a few distinctions from the rest are it is not a direct rival to the above or belongs to the same market segmant or is focused at an audiance which matches the above.

    you can call the 110 the wild child who wanted to be some thing different.

    the design has not changed from nearly its inception.

    comes in base diesel engines and not as big as some of the above.

    very popular amoungs the hard core off road enthusiast internationaly. has been known to take loads of customization and fabrication.


    a few unique things on the early versions are they come with a 110 V current, so you have the same power as at home, you can also have a full detachable hard top on may be some 110if not all, which is an amazing adventure feature. and early models came in alluminum so they were nearly indestructible and rust free i bet a lot didnt know all this.

    here in srilanka they are very popular amoungs security escorts and armed militia.

    might be bit difficult to find an auto version.


    it is an excelent vehicle for safaris and deseart hunting. can also be used as an executive family vehile although which it is not.

    comes with just basic features and a basic engine.

    but is very purpose built and reliable and is a lot mush more fun to drive.

    how ever due to not being popular in pakistan

    its very difficult to find one.

    parts are hardly available so yolu are wondering into the unknown.

    resale is near to zero, how ever if some one looking for a low budget offroader can knock you.

    prices for *** late as 2000 year models can be baught next to the 1 million mark.

    amazing vehile for those sunny day picnics and over night huntings with the ac current.
    The 1 million budget off SUV thread. - 112 news060605 01z2007 land rover defender 90front passenger side view

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    Rex_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Aray Bhai Kuch aur kaam bhi kr liye kar....

  3. #3
    Site Banned Follow
    atharshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_K View Post
    Aray Bhai Kuch aur kaam bhi kr liye kar....

    knowledge not shared is like a book kept in the closet.


    however this is realy valuable inofrmation after years of watching car reviews and tv shows i have learnt a bit and am sure i can be an amazing anchor.

    and auto journalist

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Automotorsport_Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,834
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Nice reviews.. but I doubt that all of these come under 1 million.....

    Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

  5. #5
    Site Banned Follow
    atharshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Nice reviews.. but I doubt that all of these come under 1 million.....

    Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

    almost der bro..........

    u can get em all easily within the 1 mil budget other then the 80 series, how ever it also deppends on the condition.

    some you can get in real good condition in 1 mill

    also the pajero intercooler you'd be lucky to get a good 1 in 1 mil

  6. #6
    Site Banned Follow
    atharshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i personaly like the deffender a lot, but believe me all these above in a fairly well mantined condition can give the deffender a run for its quality

  7. #7
    Site Banned Follow
    atharshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    hey guyz i would personally rate them in this order considering certain aspects.


    (1) mitsubishi Pajero Inter cooler. New gen

    (2) Land Cruiser 80 Series.

    (3) Toyota Land Crusier 70

    (4) Toyota hilux

    (5) Land Rover Deffender

    (6) Mitsubishi Pajero 1st gen

    (7) Nissan patrol

    mantainence and cost r the main factor in this rating or else the results wud be different

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    jehanzebnasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    525
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    AOA

    I was also searching for same models for last one year, did some search and found:

    1. 90-93 models came with 2LTE 2446 cc engine with square shaped dashboard. Price range 8-11. This engine has got in built fault of head crack. You will see that most of the owners of this model change this engine to 1KZTE 2978 cc, which has got enough torque but it is fuel thirsty. But in my opinion only the engine change is not enough unless you change its gearbox and differentials as well.

    2. 94-95 models came with 1KZTE 2978 cc engine with round shaped dashboard and new interior. Price range for a trouble free vehicle could be around 13-15 lacs. A very well maintained 1KZTE can give mileage upto 10km/l on long routes and 7-8km/l in city driving.

    3. The problem while searching for jeeps is that you will find mostly tempered vehicles either body change or book of some other auctioned vehicle etc. try to avoid auctioned vehicles as most of them are tempered or atleast abused.

    Comparsion of Toyota with others in Pakistan

    Durabilty Toyota no one else even come closer to it other than Defender

    Parts availabilty Cheap parts readily available whatever you choose whether Prado or Landcruiser

    Ease of Maintainence You can easily do maintainence from Toyota Dealership as well (personnel experience no hanky phanky)

    Looks You have a variety between Landcruiser, Prado and Surf

    Comfort Jeeps having coil springs are comfortable as compared to one having leaf springs.

    Fuel efficiency 1KZ city 6-7 km/l on long routes keeping it upto 100 it will give 9-10km/l.

    A quick comparison could be that most of the pajero and even Landrover are converted to Toyota engines. Really you open the sales section of pakwheels and most of the 1st gen pajeros and landrover defender would be converted to toyota engines.

    Landrover could be very powerful in terms of offroading etc. but there is another thing these vehicles are not designed for the quality of fuel we have here.

    Even toyota with there new D4D technology is a big failure in pakistan it does not mean that the technology is failure but the reason is that it is not designed for the fuel quality we have.

    Let me share my experience

    Got an HJ60, 3980 cc, 6 cylinder diesel engine, 400000 kms driven throughout in private use, mostly in original paint, the factors which I considered before buying it was that its an old school vehicle with no sensors and very less hassles, its like a pure mechanical machine, so considering its age she wont let you down anywhere up north by some malfunctioning of its sensors etc.

    Parts are readily available from montgomery road lahore and are cheap, did all preventive maintainence from Toyota Ravi motors, put new Yokohama Geolandar AT/S and enjoying the ride.

    Its giving superb fuel efficiency of 8 km/l in city and 10 km/l on highway although I was quite frightened by its 3980 cc in the beginning but then read alot of forums on www.ih8mud.com regaridng it usage, reliabilty and running cost.

    The most enjoyable thing is that I slept in it by folding its rear seats on my recent camping trip to Rohtas fort, by folding its rear seats you get a 5'-6" x 4'-9" (bed enough for two persons) just lay your sleeping bag and you can sleep anywhere in it provided the weather is good. Its not possible in a three door.

    Three door versions looks nice and its really a very well performer in offroading but when you consider its practicality for trips to northern areas it fails due to the reason that it has same engine like five door models with far less space.

    Its really rough and tough machine offcourse its has not too much accessories but its like a camper vehicle, you can have plenty of luggage in it.
    Whatever the vehicle you go for keep atleast 50 thousand margin for its routine maintainence incl. all oil & filter changes etc.

    The 1 million budget off SUV thread. - 1062940d1351060838 nothing impossible toyota 4x4s 779

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    FarhanAnwarKhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    also searched alot for a defender but couldn't find any in good condition max you will get in the range of .8-1.2mil...
    JDM Always 2 STEPs AHEAD..........

  10. #10
    Site Banned Follow
    atharshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jehanzebnasir View Post
    AOA

    I was also searching for same models for last one year, did some search and found:

    1. 90-93 models came with 2LTE 2446 cc engine with square shaped dashboard. Price range 8-11. This engine has got in built fault of head crack. You will see that most of the owners of this model change this engine to 1KZTE 2978 cc, which has got enough torque but it is fuel thirsty. But in my opinion only the engine change is not enough unless you change its gearbox and differentials as well.

    2. 94-95 models came with 1KZTE 2978 cc engine with round shaped dashboard and new interior. Price range for a trouble free vehicle could be around 13-15 lacs. A very well maintained 1KZTE can give mileage upto 10km/l on long routes and 7-8km/l in city driving.

    3. The problem while searching for jeeps is that you will find mostly tempered vehicles either body change or book of some other auctioned vehicle etc. try to avoid auctioned vehicles as most of them are tempered or atleast abused.

    Comparsion of Toyota with others in Pakistan

    Durabilty Toyota no one else even come closer to it other than Defender

    Parts availabilty Cheap parts readily available whatever you choose whether Prado or Landcruiser

    Ease of Maintainence You can easily do maintainence from Toyota Dealership as well (personnel experience no hanky phanky)

    Looks You have a variety between Landcruiser, Prado and Surf

    Comfort Jeeps having coil springs are comfortable as compared to one having leaf springs.

    Fuel efficiency 1KZ city 6-7 km/l on long routes keeping it upto 100 it will give 9-10km/l.

    A quick comparison could be that most of the pajero and even Landrover are converted to Toyota engines. Really you open the sales section of pakwheels and most of the 1st gen pajeros and landrover defender would be converted to toyota engines.

    Landrover could be very powerful in terms of offroading etc. but there is another thing these vehicles are not designed for the quality of fuel we have here.

    Even toyota with there new D4D technology is a big failure in pakistan it does not mean that the technology is failure but the reason is that it is not designed for the fuel quality we have.

    Let me share my experience

    Got an HJ60, 3980 cc, 6 cylinder diesel engine, 400000 kms driven throughout in private use, mostly in original paint, the factors which I considered before buying it was that its an old school vehicle with no sensors and very less hassles, its like a pure mechanical machine, so considering its age she wont let you down anywhere up north by some malfunctioning of its sensors etc.

    Parts are readily available from montgomery road lahore and are cheap, did all preventive maintainence from Toyota Ravi motors, put new Yokohama Geolandar AT/S and enjoying the ride.

    Its giving superb fuel efficiency of 8 km/l in city and 10 km/l on highway although I was quite frightened by its 3980 cc in the beginning but then read alot of forums on www.ih8mud.com regaridng it usage, reliabilty and running cost.

    The most enjoyable thing is that I slept in it by folding its rear seats on my recent camping trip to Rohtas fort, by folding its rear seats you get a 5'-6" x 4'-9" (bed enough for two persons) just lay your sleeping bag and you can sleep anywhere in it provided the weather is good. Its not possible in a three door.

    Three door versions looks nice and its really a very well performer in offroading but when you consider its practicality for trips to northern areas it fails due to the reason that it has same engine like five door models with far less space.

    Its really rough and tough machine offcourse its has not too much accessories but its like a camper vehicle, you can have plenty of luggage in it.
    Whatever the vehicle you go for keep atleast 50 thousand margin for its routine maintainence incl. all oil & filter changes etc.

    The 1 million budget off SUV thread. - 1062940d1351060838 nothing impossible toyota 4x4s 779

    bro your vehicle is superb and well kept.

    haha i do agree it is superb for camping, no doubt once seats are folded you will have ample of space, to sleep,

    i had seen an option on a japanese toyota noah it came with a canopy which would drive out of the left door and came with 2 parachute material chairs, we owned 2 noahs but never had that option.

    how ever i can share an adventure..........i travelled from pak back to srilanka one customer gave an urgent call to kandy wer as i was in colombo and i am an adventure lover.

    i took off at 9 pm in my b.n axio with a freshly installed dvd surround system i knew its gona be an adventure. reached kandy 3 at mn searched for food and headed up a never ending mountain to have a nap. although i cud have taken an easy way and headed to a hotel ALHUMDULILLAH like always i had loaded pockets but waned some adventure.

    so kept driving it was almost a 3 kms drive to reach the top and then was the decline i parked the auto and saw towards the left and they was a steep climb and left a drop.


    climbed up the steep to see there was a ametuer football field muddy and grassy.i knew it was the perfect night spot so set vehicle in the middle expecting it to be a quiet place in the morning

    took my shorts onn and got into the back seat and wathced next day air seated on the back and lmao out.

    lol it was quiet chilly.

    which is my life style.

    my shutters are fully chrome tinted so woke up at 7 to see bloddy hell the place had kids passing down the end of the ground going to school, and ppl going to office i was not expecting this on a 3 km high peak.

    any way by mornig it was hot enaugh to cook an egg of the heat as being set high.

    then woke up at 11 and headed to meet my customer

  11. #11
    Site Banned Follow
    atharshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarhanAnwarKhan View Post
    also searched alot for a defender but couldn't find any in good condition max you will get in the range of .8-1.2mil...

    being in pindi i am sure you must have come across a lot of deffenders. as lot of british diplomats arround.

    why were you not able to find a good deffender.

    your right about the pricing. btw .8 and 1.2 mill


    but i hope you know

    deffenders have been unchanged since 76 i recall.

    to this date so years of mfr will play a factor.

  12. #12
    Site Banned Follow
    atharshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i have no idea of whats soo special about the LR deffender 110.

    it has a dry interior......


    a moderate engine of 2.2 or 2.5 tdi which is not a lot.


    and basic suspension.

    all these factors are nothing special comapring to the mentioned above.


    but still i would go for the deffender.

  13. #13
    Site Banned Follow
    atharshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    yar bhai

    does any one have an idea if all deffender 110's have a fully detachable hard top. as when i went to the local lr deffender dealer ship he claimed he could give me a fully attachable hard top and 110 seats on the on the lr fully open version which was mush cheaper then the closed version

  14. 16-01-2013, 09:46 PM

    Site Banned

    Reason
    Duplicate

  15. #14
    Site Banned Follow
    atharshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    guyz any idea y r my threads not coming on the front page.


    in regard to that, my beautifull threads are dying.

  16. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    noman8ff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,759
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    @ atharshah

    First thing, a reasonable 80 series will not come under 1 million budget. And i have all my doubts for a good SSRX too.

    2nd point, the Nissan Patrol parts are very difficult to find and there are many other brands being in use than an old patrol. You hardly see a mid 80's patrol in isb/ pindi area these days.

    3rd point, You have totally forgotten the 40 series and 60 series cruisers and than the ultimate suzuki potohars and Vitara's?????????

    And than u talk about practical, logical vehicles. I don't think vehicles like nissan patrols are any more practical vehicles with these high fuel prices

    And than we have a vast variety of CJ's around. U forgot them.

    What do you say?

  17. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hayzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,627
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Noman bhai khair hai? Kiyon NPs ko badnaam karre hain Sir jee? Tusse teh full fire mode wich aagaye ho
    Good discussion going on here. I would like to clarify a few things:

    My 1990 Nissan Patrol serves me quite well Mashallah. And a fuel average of 8km/litre is not bad at all for a 4200cc, 6 cylinder engine. True that parts might be a hassle and you will hardly see a NP on the road nowadays, but the NP no doubt is a great machine. Not that I'm saying its the best, but please dont be so quick to judge In the Arab world, the NP is still one of the popular 4x4s used in the desert. Even Dakar has seen its share of NPs.

    As for the 40 & 60 Series TLC, in my experience are one of the greatest machines made in the 80's by Toyota! I used to get 10km/litre on my BJ60 which had a 3B engine, a powerful and economical engine no doubt.

    Where practicality is concerned, yes Suzuki Vitara/Jimny/Sierra/SJ40's etc are a good choice and very capable little machines. They have been used in rallies like Cholistan and Jhal Magsi. Not to mention their offroading capabilities. However I would like to point out that if anyone expects practicality in a 4x4 that is truly a 4x4, is dreaming. This is a 'shauk' that is not cheap to maintain, we all know first hand no matter what machine you own, practicality is rarely a concern.

    Now coming to the 1 million price bracket....No good and dependable 80 Series, SSRX etc will ever come in that amount., at least not these days....unless you're very very lucky! Most rigs of the 80 Series stature can range anywhere from 1.2mil to 2.5mil. As for Surfs and Tigers, 1mil to 1.5 mil is the range to consider.

    Noman bhai, Bani Gala ka aik chakar maarna hee pardhay ga

    Quote Originally Posted by noman8ff View Post
    @ atharshah

    First thing, a reasonable 80 series will not come under 1 million budget. And i have all my doubts for a good SSRX too.

    2nd point, the Nissan Patrol parts are very difficult to find and there are many other brands being in use than an old patrol. You hardly see a mid 80's patrol in isb/ pindi area these days.

    3rd point, You have totally forgotten the 40 series and 60 series cruisers and than the ultimate suzuki potohars and Vitara's?????????

    And than u talk about practical, logical vehicles. I don't think vehicles like nissan patrols are any more practical vehicles with these high fuel prices

    And than we have a vast variety of CJ's around. U forgot them.

    What do you say?
    4x4 for life!

  18. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    alijees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    46
    Posts
    120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Does anyone have experience with Daihatsu Rocky? And what about RKR?

  19. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadhafeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,698
    Follows
    7
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atharshah View Post
    guyz any idea y r my threads not coming on the front page.


    in regard to that, my beautifull threads are dying.
    Zaroor yeh koi saazish hai, aap ke khilaaf aur jamhoori amal ke khilaaf.

    Aap hukam karein...hum uss waqt tak dharna dene ke liye tayyar hain, jab tak yeh thread front page pe nahin aata.
    Always buy cars which your children love. They'll be helpful allies against your wife, later on!

  20. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    samvaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    39
    Posts
    562
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Awaz Uthao Fouad Hafeez, Ham Aap ke Saath hain. Haam Saazish ke khilaf hain.




    Quote Originally Posted by fouadhafeez View Post
    Zaroor yeh koi saazish hai, aap ke khilaaf aur jamhoori amal ke khilaaf.

    Aap hukam karein...hum uss waqt tak dharna dene ke liye tayyar hain, jab tak yeh thread front page pe nahin aata.

  21. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fouadhafeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,698
    Follows
    7
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Waisey...aapas ki baat hai...

    On a serious note: one of these days, we really SHOULD stage a long march of PW'ers and their rides one of these days. Ayub Park to F-9 Park...with each person that participates donating a token sum to a charity that the PW Intezamiya can decide.

    Aur phir wahaan pohunch ke, hum Athar Shah Ji ki thread ka front page pe aane ke masaley pe apne mutaalbaat bhi pesh kar sakte hain.
    Always buy cars which your children love. They'll be helpful allies against your wife, later on!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •