Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 111
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Toyota Fortuner (SUV) Pakistan Assembled

  1. #1
    Newbie Follow
    aftabjee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Toyota Fortuner (SUV) Pakistan Assembled

    Dear All.

    Indus Motor Company has started booking for Pakistan Assembled Toyota Forotuner. Specifications are as following.

    Toyota Fortuner SUV Pakistan Assembled -1131337

    Toyota Fortuner SUV Pakistan Assembled -1131339
    Toyota Fortuner SUV Pakistan Assembled -1131340
    1. 2.7 Vvti
    2. Power Seats
    3. Leather Seats
    4. Alloy Rims
    5. DVD / NAV / BVC
    6. Wooden Panels
    7. Fog Lamps
    8. Multimedia Steering
    and Many More.

    Rush for booking 0321-8470423


  2. #61
    PakWheeler Follow
    kala_shah_kaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I think people are still going to buy it because its new but it will not see massive sales.

  3. #62
    PakWheeler Follow
    mani9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kala_shah_kaku View Post
    So it's going to be around 5.5 million with registration n everything. I will also go to check it out and test drive it as well before making a decision but I know I might not buy it. I can live without SUV n spend on a luxury car instead.
    I am not comfortable with the fact that imc could have priced it around 4.5 but decided to rip us off with a car with danger of roll over.
    exactly what i was thinking.

    will test drive it though..

  4. #63
    PakWheeler Follow
    mani9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    still cant see who they are going to target with 52 lacs......jo afford krne wala ha wo landcruiser ki comfort ko achi trah janta ha he would never wste his time with this.

    jo civic se upr jana chahta ha its too far from it..... aur jo is range ma dekhra ha he looks at mercs and bimmers too, and prados in used market....

  5. #64
    PakWheeler Follow
    mhali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    199
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    At this price it would be great to have climate control in this SUV.
    "It's dangerous to be an honest man"

  6. #65
    PakWheeler Follow
    shoaibss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thailand mai vigo aur Altis ki price almost equal hai, vigo champ is also overpriced in pakistan, IMC 5 mil. bata kr is ki price 4.5mill. announce kre ge, ta ka kuch stupid sumjhe gae, k its right price, jub k is ki price 3 million se ziada nahi honi chaiye, imported fortuner pr duty 150% ha, jub k local pr duty 32% ha

  7. #66
    PakWheeler Follow
    shoaibss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thailand mai vigo aur Altis ki price almost equal hai, vigo champ is also overpriced in pakistan, IMC 5 mil. bata kr is ki price 4.5mill. announce kre ge, ta ka kuch stupid sumjhe gae, k its right price, jub k is ki price 3 million se ziada nahi honi chaiye, imported fortuner pr duty 150% ha, jub k local pr duty 32% ha

  8. #67
    PakWheeler Follow
    kala_shah_kaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    You are right. The target market is unclear at the moment. Time will decide but one thing is certain that this SUV's target market is literate upper middle class and they are not going to throw away their money without considering other options. Those who can afford or drive Prado and LC are not coming down. Jaisay Civic chalanay wala kabhi bhe Corolla pe nahi aata. IMC should understand that but as I said earlier IMC will learn their lesson the other way when they don't have enough sales. Anyway if it's official price there's no point in discussing it because they are not going to change it now.
    If someone went to the event can you please post some pictures?

    Quote Originally Posted by mani9999 View Post
    still cant see who they are going to target with 52 lacs......jo afford krne wala ha wo landcruiser ki comfort ko achi trah janta ha he would never wste his time with this.

    jo civic se upr jana chahta ha its too far from it..... aur jo is range ma dekhra ha he looks at mercs and bimmers too, and prados in used market....

  9. #68
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mani9999 View Post
    thanx for the info.

    so we know the features....and price is abt 52 lacs. adding to that registration cost and tax becomes 54 lacs.


    is it worth it? that would be decided by the market in a few months.

    for me...i would still go to have a look and see if the problems+price vs features+shauk ........which way the balance goes for me.

    why no pictures still ??
    Not under the cover, Under a display mirror, Basicly as we walked to it, the curtain went up so it was made to be in the box so that effect can take place.

    Pictures, Since it was a sneak preview for some customers of about 3 dealerships, And not a official launch, The sales man was not comfortable with me taking pictures. So he told me that its not a good idea.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  10. #69
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Price people in this price you still dont get a Prado or a Surf, the ones avalible are 2004-2005, Registration and insurance is to be applied on them aswell.

    Secondly yes its over priced, But come to think of it, Whats avalible in that price? Brand new? C class costs around 65 these days. So if you consider that no japanese used cars are avalible its okayish. Other then that yes its expencive.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  11. #70
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shoaibss View Post
    Thailand mai vigo aur Altis ki price almost equal hai, vigo champ is also overpriced in pakistan, IMC 5 mil. bata kr is ki price 4.5mill. announce kre ge, ta ka kuch stupid sumjhe gae, k its right price, jub k is ki price 3 million se ziada nahi honi chaiye, imported fortuner pr duty 150% ha, jub k local pr duty 32% ha
    The prices is 5179,500 mentioned on the previus page. thora sa perlya kerein before you reply.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  12. #71
    PakWheeler Follow
    kala_shah_kaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    It's not expensive is you can afford it. There are people in Pakistan who would buy it for even 7 million but the point is does it give you value for money or in other words is it worth it? I highly doubt that. I can get 3 year old Mercedes for 4.5 million and I would prefer it because it has a much more comfortable ride and a lot more options.
    If it was priced around 4.2 million there would be a lot of people going for it because that's a totally different target market than those who can spend 5.5 million. You can easily get 2006-2007 Prado for 6 million. Those who can spend 5.5 million can also spend 6 million.


    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Price people in this price you still dont get a Prado or a Surf, the ones avalible are 2004-2005, Registration and insurance is to be applied on them aswell.

    Secondly yes its over priced, But come to think of it, Whats avalible in that price? Brand new? C class costs around 65 these days. So if you consider that no japanese used cars are avalible its okayish. Other then that yes its expencive.

  13. #72
    PakWheeler Follow
    shoaibss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I am sure price will be under 5 million

  14. #73
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kala_shah_kaku View Post
    It's not expensive is you can afford it. There are people in Pakistan who would buy it for even 7 million but the point is does it give you value for money or in other words is it worth it? I highly doubt that. I can get 3 year old Mercedes for 4.5 million and I would prefer it because it has a much more comfortable ride and a lot more options.
    If it was priced around 4.2 million there would be a lot of people going for it because that's a totally different target market than those who can spend 5.5 million. You can easily get 2006-2007 Prado for 6 million. Those who can spend 5.5 million can also spend 6 million.
    Since it has very much features like the Vigo champ top of the line, So we can compare it dot to dot, I guess 7 lacks isnt reasonable difference between Vigo Champ and Fortuner, Again Id like to add the car is brand, And when you say its not a biggie for a person spending 5.5 million to spend 6, Then the list goes on, You have to make a boundary,

    My point is if comparing brand new, You dont have a choice, Mercedce? I doubt if one can take the mercedece to places that you can take the Toyota to, Again its difference of opinions, I

    Yes i still would say, a 2007-2008 Surf/Prado might be a better option for that amount of money. But if the prices are higher for example Surf/Prado for 6 million then the list wouldnt end. You need to make a price boundary, and if you get the car in the same amount of money, Then thoose cars are better.

    In my case, I had to purchase a car, I wasnt going for Vitz because cars were costing 10.5+, I had the option to get the brand new Swift But the day i found the Vitz in 9s range that was obviusly a better option in all cars.

    But thats just me, Others could vary. Its a nice step by Indus motors.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  15. #74
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    ^ lei de bhae, if your too sure, The price quote to me by Indus representative at the launch is 5,179,000
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  16. #75
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    alee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wah cantt
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,998
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    corolla altis ateering wheel in fortuner....maybe i saw it wrong
    mAin tE h0nDa hE lAisAn...

  17. #76
    PakWheeler Follow
    kala_shah_kaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Chinyoti I also had the same choice between buying Vitz and Swift and I chose Vitz. There's simply no comparison between the two even if Swift is brand new. What I am saying is that the buyer who spends 4.2 million (if fortuner was priced around that) is in a different category than the buyer in 5.5 million category. It's just like comparing a buyer of 1000 cc car to Corolla/City buyer. Fortuner could be 1st choice of people who want to upgrade from Civic, Premio, Mark X and even Mercedes/BMW.
    Lastly, how many people do you think take Prado off road? I think 90% of Prado is driven in cities. Those who want off roading experience would prefer Vigo any day. Prado buyers are the show off people who want a big car and it's mostly driven in city so will be Fortuner.

  18. #77
    PakWheeler Follow
    kala_shah_kaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Did you or any other people give any comments on price to sales representatives or did they ask your feedback on price? All of us here going to launch ceremonies should at least tell IMC that it's priced high and give them proper arguments. May be they will listen to us.


    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    ^ lei de bhae, if your too sure, The price quote to me by Indus representative at the launch is 5,179,000

  19. #78
    PakWheeler Follow
    kala_shah_kaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    By the way why are we justifying or fighting over the price? When the car prices in Pakistan are probably 8-12% higher than India, Thailand and UAE then why is there a difference of 20-25% in Fortuner pricing? They should price it reasonably and fairly.
    We are factoring in the registration cost but I think luxury tax will also be applied. I don't have exact knowledge of it but can someone find out if we have to pay Luxury tax on Fortuner?

  20. #79
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kala_shah_kaku View Post
    Did you or any other people give any comments on price to sales representatives or did they ask your feedback on price? All of us here going to launch ceremonies should at least tell IMC that it's priced high and give them proper arguments. May be they will listen to us.
    Yes, they were asking everyone coming out for feedbacks, but the lady writing was taking one line notes, leasing/cash. Test drive, would you buy... My honest opinion was that it was priced okayish because it was rumoured around 5.5+ but still 5.5 is a very big amount and yes prado and surf are in the market... Lets wait till it's started being delivered
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  21. #80
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kala_shah_kaku View Post
    By the way why are we justifying or fighting over the price? When the car prices in Pakistan are probably 8-12% higher than India, Thailand and UAE then why is there a difference of 20-25% in Fortuner pricing? They should price it reasonably and fairly.
    We are factoring in the registration cost but I think luxury tax will also be applied. I don't have exact knowledge of it but can someone find out if we have to pay Luxury tax on Fortuner?
    Haha vre just sharing opinions no fighting I thot it was exemted, altho in karachi its pretty less in thousands.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •