8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Fortuner 2013 Launch and Review

I just test drove new Pakistan assembled Toyota Fortuner 2013. Here's my review of the vehicle along with some pictures I was able to take.

Exterior: 7/10 - I saw the one in dark gray mica color and it looked pretty nice. It has a fresh design with nice curves and style. I would personally prefer white color though.

Dashboard: 5/10 - Those driving Civics, Premios, Mark X and Surf are not going to be excited about it. It's pretty basic. Although they have given leather steering and black piano trim it still doesn't spark. DVD, gear and speedometer is also average. Nothing stands out.

Interior: 6/10 - Tan leather seats and overall ambiance inside the cabin gives it a nice look and there's nothing out of ordinary. However, it feel pretty congested and 3 normal sized people would be tight sitting in the 2nd row. 3rd row is very tight and only 10-12 year old children would fit in there.

Drive: 5/10 - It felt quite stiff and heavy. You cannot compare it's ride to Prado or Land Cruiser. At a speed of 100 km/hr it didn't feel very stable on a bumpy road. I believe it will have stability issues on motor way where there are heavy gusts of wind in some areas as well as on curvy roads at high speeds.

Engine: 6/10 - The engine isn't under powered; it's just about the right size. It didn't feel sluggish. You won't be able to drag race it with Corolla or Civic though. I know we are going to complain about fuel consumption because it's all time 4WD which isn't going to be a good idea since it's a city car.

Price: 4/10 - Now it all comes down to the price which IMC hasn't announced yet but most probably it's 5.2 million. So the question is how much are you willing to throw away for a car that's 6/10 in Pakistani market. Since we have seen comparison of prices of Fortuner with other countries in different threads I am going to repeat the same thing. After seeing and driving it I am more convinced that this car belongs in around 4.2 million bracket. My limit to purchase this car would be 4.5 million. There's no way I am spending 5.2 million on it and after taxes and registration it would be around 5.8 million. Sorry, IMC but I am not up for that.

Bottom line: All in all it's not a bad car to own and drive but it felt like an upgrade or big brother of Vigo and then it all comes down to value for money. You need to see what you get in return of the money you spend. I would personally either prefer a Surf or a Mercedes in 4 million range and if I have to spend close to 6 million then I am going for a Prado. Yes, there are people who would buy it for even 7 million and consider it a good price for a "brand new" car but I am not willing to go down that road. IMC would have difficult time selling it over 4.5 million. The Sales Manager at Toyota dealership also said that this car will sell itself at 4.5 million but at 5.2 million it will be very difficult. Initially they might get a good response but it will eventually slow down.

Price Comparison: I did a small price comparison with different countries. I used current foreign currency exchange rate. I wonder why is there a minor difference in the price of Altis and Fortuner in other countries and why do we have to pay almost 3 times in Pakistan for Fortuner? I believe that's because Fortuner is not considered a luxury car in other countries and they think of it as an upgrade to a pickup truck. You can see Altis is cheaper in Pakistan than most of the countries then why not Fortuner?

Country Altis 1.8L Fortuner 2.7L
    India 2,616,838 4,041,730
    Thailand 2,957,710 4,158,560
    UAE 1,909,050 3,404,250
    Philippines 2,795,100 3,334,760
    Pakistan 2,084,000 5,175,000

Toyota Fortuner 2013 Launch and Review -1133528
    Toyota Fortuner 2013 Launch and Review -1133525
    Toyota Fortuner 2013 Launch and Review -1133526
    Toyota Fortuner 2013 Launch and Review -1133523
    Toyota Fortuner 2013 Launch and Review -1133527
    Toyota Fortuner 2013 Launch and Review -1133524

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kala_shah_kaku View Post
    You can't trust what these dealers say. On the very first day they received Fortuner and I went for test drive they told me they already have 5 bookings. After 3 days he called to tell me that 5.2 million is the final price and they now have 10 bookings. By that they should have at least 100 bookings until now.
    As far as looks are concerned I am also not liking it anymore when I look at the pictures I took. May be it's the color. I initially gave it 7 for looks but now I think it's 5. However, I think it will look nice on roads specially in black and white color.

not in white. it doesnt look good in white.......mainly because the side step is not of body color..... its black plastic IMC saved some cash there too................and the roof rack is black too.

it looked better in the color the above pictures are. havent seen a black one yet.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here we go, official IMC Fortuner site Fortuner | Toyota Indus
    The price is final Rs. 5,175,000
    Going to look for a Mercedes over the weekend. https://www.pakwheels.com/used-cars/...ter/ct_lahore/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have been watching this thread quite closely. Seeing all these mixed opinions, here are my 2 cents.

In my personal opinion, you can't compare a 5 years old Prado with 2013 Fortuner. I know a family member who faced serious injuries due to non-functional air bags of 2004 Prado. These are our sickening Pakistani mindset who opts for years old SUVs for millions. Around the globe an SUV 5 years old should go to scrap or sell under $10-20K. If you can't take a Fortuner 2013 safely above 100km/hour, you can't go above 100km/hr for old Prado's as well. But definately, I will feel more safe at speed of 100 on a brand new car. The performance, reliability & durability is increasing on daily basis when it comes to Auto Industry. Whatever, you say the equipment & technology is much more refined in comparable features of Prado 2004-07 and Fortuner 2013, like ABS etc. Everybody is giving opinions using generic terms, I would like you to just compare (on technical/engineering grounds) the ABS of old Prado and Fortuner 2013 at the grass root level and you will know the difference.

Why won't you buy Nokia 3310, instead of an IPhone 5? Oh come on, you can find 3310 Finland assembled for a very good price? Nope, you have to pay to keep pace with technology. We got to get out of this Imported and local assembled SUVs typical feudal mentality and hopefully we will, after the launch of this Pakistani 4WD. Look at India, they won't even buy Suzuki, but Maruti, and here on PAK wheels, we are suggesting each other to go for an important vehicle guys. I never found any serious issues with a Corolla even after 100,000 KM, then why I am supposed to think that Fortuner 2013 is going to betry me in next couple of years? and don't forget it's an SUV, built on completely different platform than cars.

Yep, the price is high. Taxes & Taxes. I would like to ask how many who have taken part in this thread file their annual tax returns and actually pay the taxes? So the government is left with only way of INDIRECT taxation. If you can buy a car of 4 million why not pay a million in taxes? because you aren't paying anyother tax. I feel no harm in paying a million more for fortuner than to pay 3 times for an imported vehicle in terms of taxes. And keep in mind that who pay taxes, fortuner will cost them bit low after the annual tax returns and tax refunds.

It's the time to tell world that we are interested in technology transfer rather the technology driven cars and being Pakistani, trust me I am in full support of this First 4WD after 65 years of our independence and we should all support Toyota for this effort regardless of our buying capacities, mentalities and price comparisons. I am not going to buy it due to lack of funds, but I will even at 5.2 million if I would have sufficient funds. Further, I am of view if we can't appreciate a good move in Pakistani Auto industry, we should not depreciate it as well. Sooner, more and more local companies will be jumping in 4WD market, for how long you can deny the facts?

Time to get mature people, like in politics, judiciary etc. We all have to leave this gang bandwagon driven by inferiority complexed individuals here on Pakwheels.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Shani9999 Thanks for your long emotional patriotic speech. You should try for the elections. I am sure you can get ticket easily if you show this post. Also, thanks for taking time out for registering on the forum and writing your "FIRST" very long post just for the purpose of protecting IMC's interest. I am sure you are also "NOT" IMC's employee.
    I agree to most of your points while I think if you want to pay taxes then I think you should pay duties/taxes on imported vehicles because that actually goes to Government. The over priced cars or the taxes you pay IMC don't just go to Government. They have been bribing individuals for over 2 decades to stay in business and profitable. Plus any profits they make isn't used in Pakistan's development but rather goes to Japan. So on moral grounds I am not willing to pay Toyota a penny or even purchase from them.
    I'll be glad to pay the extra million to IMC for Fortuner if it was a tax imposed by Government but IMC decided to go against fair business practices and pricing it at par with other countries (which they can), but they decided to keep 1 million for themselves. Probably that million will go to some ministers for banning 5 year imports and making sure it happens before the launch of Fortuner. So you hard earned money goes in to the pockets of either corrupt officials or Japs.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Shani9999 View Post
    I have been watching this thread quite closely. Seeing all these mixed opinions, here are my 2 cents.

In my personal opinion, you can't compare a 5 years old Prado with 2013 Fortuner. I know a family member who faced serious injuries due to non-functional air bags of 2004 Prado. These are our sickening Pakistani mindset who opts for years old SUVs for millions. Around the globe an SUV 5 years old should go to scrap or sell under $10-20K. If you can't take a Fortuner 2013 safely above 100km/hour, you can't go above 100km/hr for old Prado's as well. But definately, I will feel more safe at speed of 100 on a brand new car. The performance, reliability & durability is increasing on daily basis when it comes to Auto Industry. Whatever, you say the equipment & technology is much more refined in comparable features of Prado 2004-07 and Fortuner 2013, like ABS etc. Everybody is giving opinions using generic terms, I would like you to just compare (on technical/engineering grounds) the ABS of old Prado and Fortuner 2013 at the grass root level and you will know the difference.

Why won't you buy Nokia 3310, instead of an IPhone 5? Oh come on, you can find 3310 Finland assembled for a very good price? Nope, you have to pay to keep pace with technology. We got to get out of this Imported and local assembled SUVs typical feudal mentality and hopefully we will, after the launch of this Pakistani 4WD. Look at India, they won't even buy Suzuki, but Maruti, and here on PAK wheels, we are suggesting each other to go for an important vehicle guys. I never found any serious issues with a Corolla even after 100,000 KM, then why I am supposed to think that Fortuner 2013 is going to betry me in next couple of years? and don't forget it's an SUV, built on completely different platform than cars.

Yep, the price is high. Taxes & Taxes. I would like to ask how many who have taken part in this thread file their annual tax returns and actually pay the taxes? So the government is left with only way of INDIRECT taxation. If you can buy a car of 4 million why not pay a million in taxes? because you aren't paying anyother tax. I feel no harm in paying a million more for fortuner than to pay 3 times for an imported vehicle in terms of taxes. And keep in mind that who pay taxes, fortuner will cost them bit low after the annual tax returns and tax refunds.

It's the time to tell world that we are interested in technology transfer rather the technology driven cars and being Pakistani, trust me I am in full support of this First 4WD after 65 years of our independence and we should all support Toyota for this effort regardless of our buying capacities, mentalities and price comparisons. I am not going to buy it due to lack of funds, but I will even at 5.2 million if I would have sufficient funds. Further, I am of view if we can't appreciate a good move in Pakistani Auto industry, we should not depreciate it as well. Sooner, more and more local companies will be jumping in 4WD market, for how long you can deny the facts?

Time to get mature people, like in politics, judiciary etc. We all have to leave this gang bandwagon driven by inferiority complexed individuals here on Pakwheels.

Brother i highly appreciate your patriotism but it should be complimented with reason and not emotions only...I respect your opinion and you should also respect others opinion too like the Members of this forum whom you have criticized...I am a tax payer and i am pretty sure that most of the Members of this forum are.....And having driven Prado 2007 2.7L ,i can assure you that it has absolutely no problem speeding at 100+ km per hour .....As for purchasing a Fortuner at this price ,well you can either change the Customers mind by convincing them that the product is worth the price or you can bring it to a price level that people consider Value for their hard earned money. Anyways as the saying goes "Customer is Always Right" so you cannot criticize people for not drooling over the Fortuner at this price and as for IMC they did not introduce Pakistan's First SUV for people sake they Did it because they saw an opportunity to make a good profit and that goes for all businesses. Peace

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

+1 MrIce

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Shani9999 View Post

i agree on ur few points but u r comparing the cheapest SUV of Toyota with prado which still have more options than any fortuner....i ve driven many imported SUV n trust me they hold the grip even after 100km but they r not made for speeding above 100km in our citycountry.....moreover if u check the quality of imported toyota axio with our imc corolla....i ll choose axio as it got more options than our crappy over price corolla gli so plz stop comparing imc corolla with imported cars....ur comparying nokia 3310 vs aple iphone 5 doesnt make sense its like one is cheap fone n other is luxury expensive fone....try comparing same brand....as for taxes tell me one thing why honda civic price is cheaper than other Asian countries....do u know in Thailand it cost above 850k baht n our honda civic oriel cost less 2.5m but tht still cheaper than Thailand....i think IMC is fooling us by saying taxes n currency exchanges....if the price wud less than 4.4m i ll buy it without thinking n convince everyone to buy instead of 5 years old imported SUV but m sorry after looking at this price i wont buy at all!!
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am seeing Fortuner as a successful SUV in couple of years in Pakistan.We simple can not compare a five year old automobile to new one.We should also support our local products.
    Beshak ALLAH he sy hy sub waqt sy pehly nahin zarorat sy zada nahin.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can I borrow 5.5 million from you to make it a successful SUV because I am not willing to spend my hard earned money on it. I have other better options available if I had to spend 5.5 million so let me decide for myself if I choose 5 year old car or a brand new. Secondly, it's not a local product. Do you know any Pakistani auto manufacturer? I sure will support it.
    A Prado even 5 years old is better than a small SUV like Fortuner. You can not even compare drive experience. Let me ask you a simple question would you prefer a brand new Cults or a 5 year old Civic Reborn? Is brand new your only criteria or will you compare features and drive comfort too?

Quote Originally Posted by osama96 View Post
    I am seeing Fortuner as a successful SUV in couple of years in Pakistan.We simple can not compare a five year old automobile to new one.We should also support our local products.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no it cannot succeed at this price....do not compare fortuner to prado. even to 5 year old one. prado is much better.

imc has saved a lot in making this local fortuner...even visible upfront.. no safety equipment, bad interior...bad quality plastics inside and out, even saved on noise suppressing material under the hood... 1000 rs ka rmda nahi lga ske bonnet k neechay aur price dekho more than half a crore....prado k sath koi comparison ha iska ? its going to fail and indus knows it too...maybe thats y ads pr cash waste nhi krhe...

by the way imported suvs are going to be very cheap soon. it would kill off fortuner definitly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, SUV prices are going to drop since Non Customs Paid vehicle law was approved. Although it's valid for a short time but people are flocking to Quetta and Peshawar to get cheap SUVs. Even I am trying to get one for myself. Additionally, there's a huge margin on imported SUVs so my guess is that Prado resale after launch of Fortuner is going to drop by probably around 3-5 lakh.
    The main issue is IMC totally ignored the largest buyer segment while pricing Fortuner and decided to price it for elite and super rich. I can still buy it even at 6 million but I am not going to.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it would be great to get a landcruiser cheap this way................................

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, SUV prices are going to drop since Non Customs Paid vehicle law was approved. Although it's valid for a short time but people are flocking to Quetta and Peshawar to get cheap SUVs. Even I am trying to get one for myself. Additionally, there's a huge margin on imported SUVs so my guess is that Prado resale after launch of Fortuner is going to drop by probably around 3-5 lakh.
    The main issue is IMC totally ignored the largest buyer segment while pricing Fortuner and decided to price it for elite and super rich. I can still buy it even at 6 million but I am not going to.
    but the elite and super rich dont want the cheapest subcompact suv made by toyota in that kind of cash..............

Indus motors has somehow managed to MISS all the market segments when pricing this vehicle.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can I borrow 5.5 million from you to make it a successful SUV because I am not willing to spend my hard earned money on it. I have other better options available if I had to spend 5.5 million so let me decide for myself if I choose 5 year old car or a brand new. Secondly, it's not a local product. Do you know any Pakistani auto manufacturer? I sure will support it.
    A Prado even 5 years old is better than a small SUV like Fortuner. You can not even compare drive experience. Let me ask you a simple question would you prefer a brand new Cults or a 5 year old Civic Reborn? Is brand new your only criteria or will you compare features and drive comfort too?
    or get brand new suzuki mehran euro 2 efi engine n i ll get freshly imported jdm suzuki alto or kei for same price...which one they will prefer
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@kala_shah_kaku how come you forgot to announce osama96 is also an IMC employee. lolz!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

>> kala_shah_kaku

You need to update your knowledge regarding taxes. I am an MBA, so probably understands the procedure. You got to see the Invoice, if you ever got one (looks like you always drove old cars). It clearly states how much tax is going to Government account out of 5.2 Million. Further, go to SBP and FBR sites or contact them under business rules, an MNC (Multinational company) has to reinvest 75% of it's profits back in Pakistan, either it's Honda, Toyota or anyother company. Further, over the period of 5 years, you have to shift the whole technology rather just assembling parts. Like Corolla, you will be seeing that in next years fortuner will be having leather seats from Sialkot, Dashboard from Karachi and many other things from local market. So, at the rate of 20% per year. After 5 years it will be a complete Pakistani 4WD. The first batch is 100% thai. No man, all the money they make they can't take it back to Japan, if it's the case Pakistan would have been bankrupted by these MNC's, Power Plants and Telecom Industry. What do you think governments around the globe are begging for foreign investments, inviting businessmen to come and set up business in their countries? So the business should come, rip the pockets of people and send back money to Japan and their home countries? No honey, no country allow this. You need to understand the businesses first. It's Toyota Pakistan under license from Toyota Japan. Look at the brief history of Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand who built up their countries by inviting and setting up all the Multinationals there. Here the people from Kala Shah Kaku are discouraging the MNC's, that the mindset I mentioned about in my post.

And with all due respect, I noticed multiple times the word 'hard earned' money. If your money is so hard earned, you should stay in Corolla or Civic forums. We are talking here about millions and I am sure those who are going to buy it shouldn't be having money or hard earned money issues. Moderators of the Pakwheels should categorize the forums per the buying capacities and validating the financial health of people, so those who never drove a brand new SUV and intercepting the discussions should be kept away. I am not humiliating anyone (God Forbid), but again specifiying the typical Pakistani mentality to jump in everyother thing regardless it pertains to them or not.

There is no comparison of class of a brand new Cultus with 5 years old reborn, due to price difference and engine capacity etc. hmmm, you can compare it like If you prefer a brand new Cultus over 5 years old Suzuki 1000cc or 3 years old Swift, or Vitz (all are from same class). Yes, I would prefer Cultus than. If all people think like you, manufacturers would stop making new cars and everybody should be looking for old ones. There is a whole class out there whose passion is to drive brand new cars.

>>MrIce

You made it clear yourself "Customer is always Right". Ask the dealers, IMC is experiencing the shortage for March's Allocations. I contacted Toyota in my city and they told me all for March are gone. I can get a booking for April.

>>Salik990

First of all, let me tell you people that SUV is not for racing, it's for offroading in mud, sand or ice etc. Have you ever seen SUV race? The cars are made for car racing. I don't know why everybody is so concerned above 100 on it? SUV aren't meant for high speeds. These are meant for Power, torque and Traction controls.

And I compared 3310 with IPhone 5 in terms of technology growth, not in terms of price or luxury, read again for my perspective.

The houses are 50% more costly in Thailand than our country. Same is for Petrol and other utilities etc. Different things are priced differently in different countries. So comparing your consumer goods with other countries keeps you hanging in your decisions. I think we should stop fueling our cars, because Petrol is cheaper in Middle Eastern countries than Pakistan. We should also stop eating because daily groceries are much cheaper in Europe. Always remember, 'Do at the Rome as Romans Do'. Stay here in Pakistan.

Now the price is defined and you don't have or want to invest above 4.4 than why you are still taking part in discussion. You are already out of it. I mentioned above, let this discussion remain with people who have or want to invest above 5.5. Read the threads and notice the words 'I will never buy this', 'I won't buy at all', 'I would never go above 4 million'. but still all are speaking loudly and disrupting the normal flow of dailogue.

>>mani9999
    Another buddy facing same financial hardships. Indus motor didn't miss any segment. People sitting high up there and pouring millions in development of this 4WD are more genius than us. We the geniuses are watching so many pros and cons before investing 5.5 million, do you think those who spent 100 times more than this are fools? Companies never price anything before they have all the stats, buying patterns over years, markets buying capacity, target segments, competitors and many other indicators. It's not like that a manager wakes up in the morning and tell the world that we are launching Fortuner and it will be priced 5.5 Millions. A lot of homework needs to be done before it and I think they have done it.

No flames/offense and sorry if I hurted anyone feelings! I just wanted to make things bit more clearer.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sub loog IMC employee nahi hotay kuch qudarti tor pe bhe bay wakoof hotay hain Sorry, no offense! However, one thing is for sure; all those taking IMC's side are not buyers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just saw Fortuner Ad in Jang and once again there was no price in it. It only financing option/price. Looks like IMC is either only targeting 200 corporate customers across Pakistan who would be the only and last people buying this car on financing or they are still testing market response on price.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lolz "i am an mba so probably understands the procedure" well well a long post from an mba with a million grammar mistakes? what a pity. anyway. to the point. imc has priced it so high that it is reaching break even after only 300 unit sale.
    news provided by a dealer.

and inital sales are going well, about 50 units are booked from lahore. they expected less sales and they are getting less sales.. the profit margin was so high that imc is going to make lots of money from it..

i test drove the new fortuner today...apart from the price its a nice suv to drive, steering wheel was harder than i liked it to be. there is no reach adjustment in the steering it seemed quite low down to me. gear shifting is seamless. but only 4 speed auto compared with india's 5 speed auto.... i have seen 5 fortuners till now and every one of them was showing an average of 4,3.5 kmpl it may be a miscalculation but it sure is pretty bad if its not. ride comfort is okay..throttle response is good.
    people coming down from prados or landcruisers will not like it a single bit.you would see a lot of low mileage fortuners in second hand market in 2,3 months.
    roll over issue .... i took it upto 90km/h on a good road, no issue in handling but i was going in a straight line withn no bumps in the road.. did not take it all the way 100+ because its quite a tall vehicle not made for speeds like that... and i did not want to roll over the test drive vehicle....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Shani9999

Dear Brother, If IMC is getting a lot of Bookings for the Fortuner then i am Happy for them , after all i am also a Patriot and would like to see Pakistani Companies flourish....But its too soon to call it a success...Lets see what the future has in store for them and time will tell..Peace

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

User Tag List