Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Like Tree480Likes

Thread: 8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar

Qasim Saidhi & Rizwan Buttar - Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution - First Position Category A
    8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1257500

Suhaib Kiani & Farooq Awan - Toyota FJ40 Concordia - Seventh Position Category A
    8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1257501

Yaser Ahmed Ghani & Taimoor Zaid - Toyota Hilux Surf - DNF Category B
    8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13702

Rashid Abdullah & Imran - Mitsubishi Triton - Third Position Category C
    8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13967

This thread is dedicated to the memory of Late Syed Abbas Akbar - Veteran Rally Driver who passed away a few months before this year's rally. May his soul rest in peace and his rally spirit continue to inspire and empower the sportsmen of the future!
    8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - 1118391d1359379281 jhal magsi desert challenge 2013 news updates thread 487017 4276745750201 458625272 n

Full Rally Results Posted on 4x4 Pakistan Rally Thread Here !
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yasir we need to meet and let me tell you frankly,,, I am not at all amused with your last comment

RAlly is a way of life,,, 99% will not be able to do it but you are in the top 1%,,, stay there. Hick-ups are nothing,,, you have my example

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Judge Sb, hun razai ban lo

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saidhi View Post
    Yasir we need to meet and let me tell you frankly,,, I am not at all amused with your last comment

RAlly is a way of life,,, 99% will not be able to do it but you are in the top 1%,,, stay there. Hick-ups are nothing,,, you have my example
    Tussi te serious ho gai o! .... koi naheen apna motto hamesha se yeh raha hai .. "if at first you dont succeed...."

Waise aapas ki baat hai, desi rally koi conventional rally to hai naheen... mein pata naheen kis convention ki baat kar raha hoon

Sk, is ke liyay to bullet proof jacket pehnni paray gi
    More Power!!! More power....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

NMS is probably going to introduce a "Stock" class too,,, if you think that you can't rally prepare Surf before Mithi or Jhal,,,, stay tuned

Rehan discussed this idea that he wants to implement for Mithi and Jhal,,, I opposed it for many reasons. Had a discussion of about 48 minutes on phone,,, gave him my feedback,,, lets see what they do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its a great idea, stock category will encourage avg suv owner to participate and actually hope for podium. Stock category has roll cage requirement or not?
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

NMS is probably going to introduce a "Stock" class too,,, if you think that you can't rally prepare Surf before Mithi or Jhal,,,, stay tuned

Rehan discussed this idea that he wants to implement for Mithi and Jhal,,, I opposed it for many reasons. Had a discussion of about 48 minutes on phone,,, gave him my feedback,,, lets see what they do
    Meree Concordia bhee "stock" hai sirf 1UZ pe 2F kaa taapa fit karna hai Taqreeban waisey hee jaisey Mehrab Khan kee Jimny 1300cc stock hai, kyon ke 1UZ stock se 200cc chotaa hai ; Jimny 300cc zaida nikli to kya faraq parta hai, taapay to same hain naan!

PS: But seriously, jokes aside its a good idea and an honest effort should be made by current racers to implement it as far as possible. Including egging any racer/race vehicle who tries to pass his moded vehicle as stock! Oops, concordia ke to sheeshay bhee nahin hain!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the stock category introduction is definitely a thumbs up as far as i'm concerned... quite frankly as much as i would like to "kit out" my surf in order to make it competitive.... i just don't have the pockets for it other.... priorities take over.. so yeah i already have a stock category vehicle and i wouldn't mind racing it without the chip

qwerty stock SUV bhi roll over karti hai if you dont want to mess with the internals just do an exo cage... or you could check out my internal rollcage... totally bolt on...and best of all its tested

SK, 2F dhoodna shuru kar do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

SK, 2F dhoodna shuru kar do

READ: 2F mein 1FZ ke piston bore karney kee tayyari kar lein ; Taapa same!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thinking some more about it and having spoken to Qasim, I can't get my head around how a "stock" category would help things or increase participation. It just will create a mess generally, and at best will result in some existing cars moving to stock category and scoring podiums....

If the intention is to increase participation, I feel that a "Vintage - Open" category along the lines of the Lahore Mud Rally would be much better received. All four classes essentially are "Open / Unlimited " categories where none of the cars are stock and employ various means to get around the rules in a big way. So it makes sense to let anyone with a Pre 1988 / 1990 chassis run in the vintage category and employ any jugaar he wants to get to the podium. Cars in this category would essentially be TLC 40, 70, 60 series ; Pajero Gen 1; Hiluxes ; Potohars ; Nissan Patrols ; Jeep CJs etc. All organizers have to do is check chassis number against year of make in the book and let the driver and his team achieve whatever they can on the field. This would essentially allow PKR 1 million cars to be competitive in their category and would bring forward a lot of new talent particularly from the North. There could be 6-8 new entries just from IJC, MJC, 4x4Engaged and Frontier 4x4!

We could also talk about "vintage - Stock" but it would again be a pandora's box / can of worms....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    Thinking some more about it and having spoken to Qasim, I can't get my head around how a "stock" category would help things or increase participation. It just will create a mess generally, and at best will result in some existing cars moving to stock category and scoring podiums....

If the intention is to increase participation, I feel that a "Vintage - Open" category along the lines of the Lahore Mud Rally would be much better received. All four classes essentially are "Open / Unlimited " categories where none of the cars are stock and employ various means to get around the rules in a big way. So it makes sense to let anyone with a Pre 1988 / 1990 chassis run in the vintage category and employ any jugaar he wants to get to the podium. Cars in this category would essentially be TLC 40, 70, 60 series ; Pajero Gen 1; Hiluxes ; Potohars ; Nissan Patrols ; Jeep CJs etc. All organizers have to do is check chassis number against year of make in the book and let the driver and his team achieve whatever they can on the field. This would essentially allow PKR 1 million cars to be competitive in their category and would bring forward a lot of new talent particularly from the North. There could be 6-8 new entries just from IJC, MJC, 4x4Engaged and Frontier 4x4!

We could also talk about "vintage - Stock" but it would again be a pandora's box / can of worms....
    well it already is a can of worms if you ask me... especially the D category boys....and dont get me started on the other categories... each has a very wide spectrum and they all are truly unlimited as you mentioned.... to be fair A is essentially an open category...

anyway i do feel the stock category might increase participation... i can think of a few people who would jump into it... your point about some existing "stock" cars scoring podiums is valid. The "vintage" category is an interesting idea and just might work... i remember this top gear episode where they covered some format of car racing in finland and one of the pre-reqs was the car could not be worth more than 2000 euros or something... it basically had vehicles from the 70s and 80s fighting it out... the main barrier for most is the money...if it werent i wouldve started offroad racing ages ago.....

and SK a can of worms it will always be... its how us Pakis like it ab chalo apni unlimited vintage tayaar karo... mein bhi 70s ki vintage dhoondta hoon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Simply Awesome no Words to express.
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Maybe both Vintage and Stock categories? I thinking I need to start participating :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, I am not against a stock category as such, but as said I cannot fathom any new comers coming forward who do not otherwise participate in the existing categories. I don't think that non-rally goers are deterred by the capabilities of the cars in each category, and that competing against "stock" vehicles would make them suddenly step up to the plate....

Maybe it is that the idea of buying a PKR 2.0-3.5 million rupee car and spending another PKR 100-200k in basheering it up each rally does not go down very well for most. Or maybe it is that no serious effort has been made to attract/welcome new comers as such, and rules are made/changed to accommodate the people already in the rally scene....

I don't really know, and as objective as I think my thinking is, my opinions may be biased and it would be better if non-participants would speak up as to what holds them back from participating!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not sure if this was ever uploaded here or not, so here goes, our only go pro clip from the race. A lot more is happening here than what it seems, but it was quite a spirited start to the second stage: a good ole dhaka start as the starter of the car had somehow given up after ingesting its fair share of sand and dust. Hence, if ever the engine died at any point, our race was over. No pressure though, AH it was all evenflow by then!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not sure if this was ever uploaded here or not, so here goes, our only go pro clip from the race. A lot more is happening here than what it seems, but it was quite a spirited start to the second stage: a good ole dhaka start as the starter of the car had somehow given up after ingesting its fair share of sand and dust. Hence, if ever the engine died at any point, our race was over. No pressure though, AH it was all evenflow by then!

Is this the stage 2 of the Rally?

What speed do you guys are going in this particular video?
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

SK yaar khudkushi ke aur jaghain bhe hain,,,, baba jee you backed your vehicle probably less than 30 meters on the runoff area of Stage 1's finish line, vehicles coming at top speeds are hard to see, especially when one is caught up with ones own rally woes

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

SK yaar khudkushi ke aur jaghain bhe hain,,,, baba jee you backed your vehicle probably less than 30 meters on the runoff area of Stage 1's finish line, vehicles coming at top speeds are hard to see, especially when one is caught up with ones own rally woes
    Oops! My father always used to instruct us never to back on to the main road! But I guess you had to go across the run-off area one way or the other to get to the start point, reverse not the best way I agree but I don't remember it being that tricky for some reason. The black Vigo coming head on towards us is another matter, and was way more scary ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hsumbal1 View Post
    Is this the stage 2 of the Rally?What speed do you guys are going in this particular video?
    Yes, this is the start of stage II and the initial straight track lasted for about 5 kms and thereafter was all twisty turny till finish. We are doing about 120-130 kmph on the video here and trying to just get through this small straight section. Could have done this a bit faster but we decided that with our particular risk/reward equation it was not worth it to push for 160kmph on the limited straight line tracks, some portions of which were very tricky....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why do people prefer Pajero over Prado in such rallies? short chassis 3 door Prados from 1996-2002 era are good offroaders too. just my 2 cents. enlighten me. A novice being a novice.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ehsan_3 View Post
    why do people prefer Pajero over Prado in such rallies? short chassis 3 door Prados from 1996-2002 era are good offroaders too. just my 2 cents. enlighten me. A novice being a novice.
    In general Pajeros are cheaper, lighter, faster and handle better and thus in stock form perform better at high speed endeavours. Toyota's are in comparison more "over-built", heavier and require more investment in suspension to get comparable performance out of. The Hilux Vigo has been the only real exception to this generalisation in my view....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

User Tag List