Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree480Likes

Thread: 8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar

Qasim Saidhi & Rizwan Buttar - Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution - First Position Category A
    8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1257500

Suhaib Kiani & Farooq Awan - Toyota FJ40 Concordia - Seventh Position Category A
    8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1257501

Yaser Ahmed Ghani & Taimoor Zaid - Toyota Hilux Surf - DNF Category B
    8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13702

Rashid Abdullah & Imran - Mitsubishi Triton - Third Position Category C
    8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13967

This thread is dedicated to the memory of Late Syed Abbas Akbar - Veteran Rally Driver who passed away a few months before this year's rally. May his soul rest in peace and his rally spirit continue to inspire and empower the sportsmen of the future!
    8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - 1118391d1359379281 jhal magsi desert challenge 2013 news updates thread 487017 4276745750201 458625272 n

Full Rally Results Posted on 4x4 Pakistan Rally Thread Here !
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    Now its just a super fast video of 15min :/. What is the original file size ?

Just 4GB! and that is with the lowest quality setting on GoPro, Full HD is more than double that!

Anyway, just wanted people at home to be able to see the wide variety of terrain in just one stage of Jhal!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is possible to upload it in one go on youtube.
    RIP

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Firstly youtube still not available for most, secondly with load shedding, disruptive net services and all the rest uploading such huge file very tedious for me! And I doubt many would even have the patience to watch even one stage completely (roughly one hour)!

Anyway, as Qasim said, he had 50GB from 2 camera's, maybe he will try to upload from atleast one camera!

BTW, just try watching the speeded vdo, full screen + full volume, am sure you will enjoy it!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@NN, Too Good upload, I can imagine the smile on @deserdevil face, very good skill indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    OK Guys, have worked out this new way of letting you all see the rally vdo.

Here is all of stage 1 of Jhal Magsi Rally 2012 captured by GoPro in Asad's Pajero. I have speeded up the vdo roughly 4 times, so the whole stage can be seen in less than 15 minutes, audio is also increased in speed so you wont be able to understand what is being said, but engine note keeps things interesting!

I am posting the vdo here just so to give idea about what I tried. After conversion the file size was less than 200mb to upload on vimeo.

When Nothing else do the Job "ҐЄຊ๓ પฑḭ₥φ౸" has the solution. http://www.facebook.com/team.unimog

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Too Good Shot, this FJ40 has came a long way with Team Concordia. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13690
    When Nothing else do the Job "ҐЄຊ๓ પฑḭ₥φ౸" has the solution. http://www.facebook.com/team.unimog

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Basharat! It was a long way to the Cholistan start line this time around but we somehow got there and Alhamdolillah very happy with performance and results!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Qasim Saidhi Jump

Long story behind this one, but cut short : What a show!

Video by the DesertDevil Crew. Many Thanks for sharing!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    OK Guys, have worked out this new way of letting you all see the rally vdo.

Here is all of stage 1 of Jhal Magsi Rally 2012 captured by GoPro in Asad's Pajero. I have speeded up the vdo roughly 4 times, so the whole stage can be seen in less than 15 minutes, audio is also increased in speed so you wont be able to understand what is being said, but engine note keeps things interesting!

I am posting the vdo here just so to give idea about what I tried. After conversion the file size was less than 200mb to upload on vimeo.

Nice videos NN! Very engaging! I did something similar with my Cholistan Chinese onboard cam footage but never looked this good!

This year the track for Cholistan was changed apparently also because some people had started saying that Cholistan was like halwa compared to Jhal! In addition, the rains spiced up things to such an extent that literally all three days on the track, the behaviour of each individual section was different from the previous day. After rains the cholistan track was more mud and dirt rather than sand and closer to Jhal in certain respects, though slower speed (80-100 kmph max for the large part) without the dust i.e. Have to say that this year Cholistan matched the magic and variety of Jhal in all respects and did it all in great style!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Long story behind this one, but cut short : What a show!

Video by the DesertDevil Crew. Many Thanks for sharing!
    One of my many misadventures This move could have saved me 2 seconds but it costed 3 more, no harm done except a bruised ego

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saidhi View Post
    One of my many misadventures This move could have saved me 2 seconds but it costed 3 more, no harm done except a bruised ego

Qasim, the aim was to be on the top step of the podium, hence the attempted misadventure................bruised nothing, you got on the top step!

Congrats once again!

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

.................................This year the track for Cholistan was changed apparently also because some people had started saying that Cholistan was like halwa compared to Jhal! In addition, the rains spiced up things to such an extent that literally all three days on the track, the behaviour of each individual section was different from the previous day. After rains the cholistan track was more mud and dirt rather than sand and closer to Jhal in certain respects, though slower speed (80-100 kmph max for the large part) without the dust i.e. Have to say that this year Cholistan matched the magic and variety of Jhal in all respects and did it all in great style!

Mat kar na yaar......................already not too pleased for missing cholistan. Your description sounds like it would have been good track on NPP. Inshaallah next year!

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice videos NN! Very engaging! I did something similar with my Cholistan Chinese onboard cam footage but never looked this good!.......................................
    Jhal stage 2 compact vdo done as well, but already crossed the weekly upload limit on vimeo, inshallah next week it will be uploaded. Plan to do Mithi track the same way as well!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Qasim Saidhi Evo Fly-Past Campsite

Video by the DesertDevil Crew!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mehboob Khan of the KamaniKazi Gharana going Saidhi Route....

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13707

Long story short, I take my hats off to all the drivers in the Jimny category. Yes, it was an all out Jimny track, but its beyond anyone's imagination as to what these daredevil drivers were doing on the rough "khaabbar" tracks. Having seen it first hand, I think I know why they keep them light at the back: With the rear end bouncing up and down i.e. tires 2 to 3 feet in the air on successive jumps, they are controlling the car with the front which remains relatively planted....

Mehboob Khan was 4th by a margin of 45 seconds and our encounter(s) with these chaps on the track (which is a most interesting story: Not so long but somewhat embarrasing all around) may partly be the reasons why! Nevertheless, from what we saw amazing driver, amazing determination and the kamanis were second to none in the khaabbar!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@SK

Pardon my intrusion.....
    Firstly, congratulations to all the winners and participants. And also to friends ending up DNFs.....as they are the most deserving people requiring (multiple) pats at their backs to get going again.
    Secondly and most importantly (perhaps the reason to post this), would appreciate if you'd consider renaming this thread (nothing against the title and spirit here) and dedicate it out to our veteran rally friend who passed away tragically short of this year's Cholistan event. To friends who are relatively new on the rally circuit, Syed Abbas Akbar was the gentlemen who was crowned as the category A winner in the 2006 Cholistan Rally (was nicknamed the 'King of Rally' after this win amongst peers). Infact he was (besides Ashraf) who bought the Evo Pajero to fame in Pakistan by winning this on its maiden rally voyage. I can only request you to honour this legend and dedicate this in his 'loving memory'.......may god bless his soul, Amen!
    We are all mortal and shall be remembered only by our deeds. Rest in peace O' King!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MITSU_MAN View Post
    @SK

Pardon my intrusion.....
    Firstly, congratulations to all the winners and participants. And also to friends ending up DNFs.....as they are the most deserving people requiring (multiple) pats at their backs to get going again.
    Secondly and most importantly (perhaps the reason to post this), would appreciate if you'd consider renaming this thread (nothing against the title and spirit here) and dedicate it out to our veteran rally friend who passed away tragically short of this year's Cholistan event. To friends who are relatively new on the rally circuit, Syed Abbas Akbar was the gentlemen who was crowned as the category A winner in the 2006 Cholistan Rally (was nicknamed the 'King of Rally' after this win amongst peers). Infact he was (besides Ashraf) who bought the Evo Pajero to fame in Pakistan by winning this on its maiden rally voyage. I can only request you to honour this legend and dedicate this in his 'loving memory'.......may god bless his soul, Amen!
    We are all mortal and shall be remembered only by our deeds. Rest in peace O' King!
    MitsuMan, Thanks for the post and kind words, have changed the thread title as per your suggestion.

Incidently, aap ko recce walay din bohat yaad kiya ham nein. Darasal recce walee subah ko hamarey teen addad dost aik neeli Pajero ke peechay intihayee garam payey gayey. Boliaan lag rehee theen aur raalien tipak rehee theen aur baaqee gaarian bohat jealous theen:

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13708

Phir ham slow speed recce pe niklai aur koi 35-45 km ke baad, doston ke jazbaat ka taab na laatey howey Pajero bhee garam ho gayee. I was quite tired at the point and stood quietly starring at the scene, then all of a sudden it dawned on me and there sprung a naaraa from my throat. Sensing no small a victory, I reached for my camera in utter jubilation, some half hearted attempts were made to hush hush the affair, but SK had sensed blood. As one of the prospective pajero suitors sheepishly stepped to the left "yeh meeri gaari nahin", the other taking the patli galli on left mumbling something similar, there it was, my materpiece of photographic excellence:

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13709

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Khaabriology 101

DesertDevil asked me today as to what I meant by "Khaabarh"! Not sure if I was able to explain much but this video should do a better job, although this was just the warm-up bit beyond CP2! This is from the 2nd day recce run, which was at somewhat fast, the noises in the cabin seem to be exaggerated by cam monted on roll cage, but I think you can still hear Yaser's Surf turbo whine from the car behind us!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Ronnie Patel Vigo - Blown Tire

Ronnie Patel made a mistake on the first turn of the qualification (some 40% into the run) and he turned in late or something and the car seemed to go straight and hit the outside bank of the turn and the right tire came off the bead. Ronnie finished the rest of the way on three tires and still managed a few seconds better time than us Here is a clip on the second turn by the Desertdevil crew! On the rally he overtook some 4 to 5 slower moving cars and still managed 2nd position in Category B!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is a long story behind this one, but to cut it short, Ghulam Hussan Sharr is a veteran rally driver on the Pakistan rally scene. He along with Ronnie Patel participated in the first rallies in the mid nineties organized by Morven Gold with Agha Sb. spearheading the sponsorship efforts. During those days, he raced a 3 speed 1978 Toyota FJ40 powered by a 2F which he had purchased brand new himself. Today he mainly races in the very competitive Jimny Category D where he is always a lurking candidate for the podium and owns a Jeep Wrangler TJ which he raced to a 4th positin category A position in Cholistan 2010 behind Nadir, Ronnie and Ahsan's VTC Nissan. Hailing from Sadiqabad, Ghulam Hussain is also a crowd favourite at Cholistan where he is somewhat of a local hero despite having a reputation for being the proverbial grumpy old veteran ustad.

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13705

Ghulam Hussain was one of the first people to approach us in Jhal 2011 on our FJ40 Concordia and offer some invaluable suggestions on the suspension setup and driving technique. This year at Cholistan, I approached him and requested him to give us some time after qualification to test drive our car and offer some tips and advice on how to go about this year's track. It was quite late when I got to his camp and we set out on the track going into it for some 10 kms before we headed back. I drove the initial 5 kms to give him a feel and then Sharr Sb. took the wheel. We had the windshield down and the rear diff locked and the car was in full race prep. After getting into the driving seat Sharr Sb. took off his helmet saying, "mein helmet ke baghair chalaoon ga!"

I'll leave the rest for later and let the driving do the talking. The GoPro is fully boxed and mounted on the roll cage and seems to be picking up more rall cage and body rattle than other sounds.
    whats with the sexy picture on the windscreen?
    More Power!!! More power....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got it SK....LOL.. The terrain is absolutely 180 degrees from what we saw in 2010.....
    DesertDevil asked me today as to what I meant by "Khaabarh"! Not sure if I was able to explain much but this video should do a better job, although this was just the warm-up bit beyond CP2! This is from the 2nd day recce run, which was at somewhat fast, the noises in the cabin seem to be exaggerated by cam monted on roll cage, but I think you can still hear Yaser's Surf turbo whine from the car behind us!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

User Tag List