Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree480Likes

Thread: 8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar

Qasim Saidhi & Rizwan Buttar - Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution - First Position Category A
    8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1257500

Suhaib Kiani & Farooq Awan - Toyota FJ40 Concordia - Seventh Position Category A
    8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1257501

Yaser Ahmed Ghani & Taimoor Zaid - Toyota Hilux Surf - DNF Category B
    8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13702

Rashid Abdullah & Imran - Mitsubishi Triton - Third Position Category C
    8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13967

This thread is dedicated to the memory of Late Syed Abbas Akbar - Veteran Rally Driver who passed away a few months before this year's rally. May his soul rest in peace and his rally spirit continue to inspire and empower the sportsmen of the future!
    8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - 1118391d1359379281 jhal magsi desert challenge 2013 news updates thread 487017 4276745750201 458625272 n

Full Rally Results Posted on 4x4 Pakistan Rally Thread Here !
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    yaserag
    8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - user online

I would like to ask about the roll over.
    Did you enter the corner at more speed and vehicle rolled over Or you were not expecting a hard turn and it suddenly popped up.

Asking this as if I participate in some rally my biggest fear is a roll over at a hard turn which I am not anticipating.
    @qwertpoiu, my navigator was spot on all the tricky turns, he flagged this one out a good half kilometer before we got to it. I approached it at speed (Roughly 100km, noticed the speed on gopro video ) however my mistake was i floored the throttle a little early. Not a good idea when you have a chipped 1KD pulling 400Nm of torque on soft fluffy sand... steering correction didnt help at that speed as there was no traction and the car rolled when the front tire got caught in a rut that was created by vehicles flagged before me. Looking back, i shouldve been a little more conservative on that part of the track as it was the trickiest....

the key though is to have a proper roll cage.. we walked out of the car without a scratch.. the roll cage did it its job quite well. If you have a proper roll cage, you wouldnt be afraid of a roll over. Also, if you want to enter the big leagues you need to roll over atleast once... so i suggest you do it in your first rally ...
    More Power!!! More power....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default One for all the Dew Men!

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13844

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13845

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ dear SK...why the activity on the thread has been stopped???
    kindly share more pics videos and observation...
    an excellent thread for those who could not join the event...
    i have not seen any thread so far covering this event...
    thank you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saint20 View Post
    @ dear SK...why the activity on the thread has been stopped???
    kindly share more pics videos and observation...
    an excellent thread for those who could not join the event...
    i have not seen any thread so far covering this event...
    thank you
    Thanks for the interest saint20! All I can say on keeping the thread going is that: koshish jaaree hai

Firstly, I did't have much media on me this time around nd am pretty much done with the good stuff on me and now its down to beg, borrow and steal. Secondly, I think everyone on the team is kinda experiencing the "Rally Return" phenomenon/condition where you get back home and once the adrenaline rush fades away and the initial fatigue is over and its a struggle to catch up and get back to the normal course of life. Lastly, most the key stuff to come here is on GoPro which although is an excellent machine, is not always very easy to work with in terms of sharing footage in a meaningful way.

Anyhow, slow as it is, hopefully this train will keep chugging along with help from all the friends....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sk....thank bro...
    will keep on checking and enjoying the thread...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Aminullah Khan - Rollover and Recovery Video

Found this video by Waheed Qamar on Ali Aden's FB Page, hopefully the link works for eveyone! Seems to be a lucky escape without much damage and a speedy recovery with the help of the crowd.

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1140595

Video Link Here: Facebook

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default The Big Victory!

Getting back to the camp after the rally, between the tiredness and discussion about Yaser's recovery, the fact somehow got lost on me as to who had won the rally. In hindsight, I sense that Qasim waited for something from my end and not getting anything out of me commented in passing that "....Assi karha roz roz first aana hai"! If ever there was to be a eureka moment for me, I never expected it to come on something so simple but there it was! It should have been simple maths to figure out that Qasim and Buttar had won, even though Qasim was being modest in saying that he was not sure aout his position. Nevertheless, it was a great great feeling to see our friends on the podium that day!

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13847

In one of the interviews Qasim Saidhi modestly commented that it was his wish that he would someday be on the podium when Nadir Magsi's car does not breakdown! Qasim is also heard alerting Buttar with some sufi poetry on his on board cam after they pass Nadir's broken down Tacoma: "Dushman Maray, Khush Na Howey!" Nevertheless, lets make no mistake about it, to win Class A at Cholistan is Big Victory by all means! Congrats once again to Saidhi and Buttar for doing it with great class, style and modesty!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Modesy out the Window!

While our friends will choose to be modest on the podium, noone should expect such luxuries from SK, who is not taking excuses on the results if he was never allowed any Our declared strategy before the race was to be moderately conservative on the first stage and fairly aggressive on the second stage if we had juice left. Alhamdolillah, we were able to stick to or guns and though we only improved our position by one slot from last year, I cannot say that I expected to see better for us on the results card:

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13843

Yes, you could say that the track did not really suit the bigger cars even wit hthe exception of Vigos which put up excellent times. But say what you will, you won't have me buy into any of that! As per my books, the fair score this year for the FJ Concordia underdog when driven by novice (well maybe amatuer by now) drivers is three FJ80s and half a Vigo! And they were not bad looking FJs and all of then were driven by local drivers. And don't tell me that the FJ80 is not a rally kee gaaree because if my memory serves me right people were scrambling over themselves to get these before Nadir's Tacoma hit the scene.

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13848

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13851

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13849

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default TLC FJ40 Concordia Uzi

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13701

I clearly saw Mr Ghangla in his distinctive red and black livery at the end of the run. At this point we were right behind Ghulam Hassan's Jimny which overtook us at the last CP. We held off the old Ustad in his modified mini until just about the last 20-25kms and once overtaken, we realizied that we could finally chase a Jimny and it wasn't getting away from us. Taking advantage of the almost no dust conditions we pushed the UZi a little more until we could clearly see the dust off the tires of the car in front. Here's about when we saw the Jimny taking a jhol /sway at a turn followed by the UZi getting slighly off at the next turn. I realized that we were both clearly fast and a mistake at this point could be costly and rather silly. In the second stage I had at this point blown only one booja/bush where I feared having blown our front right Yokohama HT (never really a fear with the BFG MTs on last year). So we eased off just a bit for a clean flying finish for both cars and the treat was to see Mr Ghangla who was boldly close to the track when taking this shot. Truly indebted to Mr. Muhammad Iqbal Ghangla for this photo and for allowing us to share his collection here. Many Thanks to him and may god bless him for his dedication to promoting the sport!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1140851

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1140852

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1140853

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1140854

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

some random pics......
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1140857

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1140858

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1140859

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1140860

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1140861

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1140862

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1140863

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Apologies gentlemen! was on a work related trip to the far east... anyway in continuation... more images of the mud run on recce day 2.8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412498th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412508th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412518th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412528th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412538th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1141254

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some Shots from Qualifying...

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412558th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412568th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412578th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412588th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412598th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1141260

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

More qualifying...

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412618th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412628th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412638th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412648th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412698th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412718th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412728th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412738th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412748th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412758th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1141276

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Solitary Confinement.... this had to be the most deserted part of the track.... Taimur and I honed our target shooting skills by taking our frustration out on a redbull can... forgot to take pictures of that bit for some reason

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412778th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -11412788th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar -1141279

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Uzi at the Launch

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - 8502768384 89cfbcae1a z

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - 8501663433 40d630bd6b z

A lot of official pics here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/punjabtourismpk/
    <dt style="font: 12px/18px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; margin: 0px; padding: 5px; width: 84px; text-align: left; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; float: left; white-space: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; background-color: rgb(254, 254, 254); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">License</dt><dd style="font: 12px/18px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; margin: 0px; padding: 5px; text-align: left; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; float: left; white-space: normal; max-width: 871px; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; background-color: rgb(254, 254, 254); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - icon all rights All rights reserved by punjabtourismpk</dd>

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    Getting back to the camp after the rally, between the tiredness and discussion about Yaser's recovery, the fact somehow got lost on me as to who had won the rally. In hindsight, I sense that Qasim waited for something from my end and not getting anything out of me commented in passing that "....Assi karha roz roz first aana hai"! If ever there was to be a eureka moment for me, I never expected it to come on something so simple but there it was! It should have been simple maths to figure out that Qasim and Buttar had won, even though Qasim was being modest in saying that he was not sure aout his position. Nevertheless, it was a great great feeling to see our friends on the podium that day!

8th Cholistan Jeep Rally 2013 Report: Dedicated to the Late Syed Abbas Akbar - filephp?id13847

In one of the interviews Qasim Saidhi modestly commented that it was his wish that he would someday be on the podium when Nadir Magsi's car does not breakdown! Qasim is also heard alerting Buttar with some sufi poetry on his on board cam after they pass Nadir's broken down Tacoma: "Dushman Maray, Khush Na Howey!" Nevertheless, lets make no mistake about it, to win Class A at Cholistan is Big Victory by all means! Congrats once again to Saidhi and Buttar for doing it with great class, style and modesty!

Respected Qasim Bhai

Congrats on successful victory.

regards

BKyousafzai