Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 570
Like Tree369Likes

Thread: The Hi-Lex 'Kaikra' and Pajero Evolution 2JZGTE Builds!

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default The Hi-Lex 'Kaikra' and Pajero Evolution 2JZGTE Builds!

    Toyota Hilux LN65 - 1UZ-FE V8 Transplant:

    Project HiLex Kaikra Build! -1221618

    Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution - 2JZ GTE Twin Turbo Transplant:

    Project HiLex Kaikra Build! -1221617

    Owner: Qasim Saidhi
    Builders: Awan Brothers, Citi Sadar Road, Rawalpindi
    Advisors: Too many....
    Current Status: Read on and wish us luck....

    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  2. #201
    PakWheeler Follow
    yaserag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    38
    Posts
    748
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    70 series tubes are same width as LN65 ones i.e. 55 inches WMS to WMS. The 70 series diffs are bigger and much heavier which would ruin the ride quality and start breaking the leaf springs, hence I don't recommend them. You could slip 4.1 or 4.3 diffs from a Hilux or prado quite easily, but as I said I don't see anything particularly wrong with the diff ratios as such at this stage, and give you that extra torque kick on 4.1 that will come in handy in sand or offloading. Mentioned track and lockers essentially for yaserAG, but yes we all fully believe you Saidhi Bhai when you say Kaikra is not meant for speed.....
    you have a point, a 10% circumference difference should be noticeable... lets see. waise itni torque ka kya karna hai zameen mein garhay khoday gi launch par the most torque ive experienced under my right foot was 370 lbft/500 Nm. maza to bohot aata hai .... btw does the kaikra have an LSD?
    More Power!!! More power....

  3. #202
    PakWheeler Follow
    yaserag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    38
    Posts
    748
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    70 series tubes are same width as LN65 ones i.e. 55 inches WMS to WMS. The 70 series diffs are bigger and much heavier which would ruin the ride quality and start breaking the leaf springs, hence I don't recommend them. You could slip 4.1 or 4.3 diffs from a Hilux or prado quite easily, but as I said I don't see anything particularly wrong with the diff ratios as such at this stage, and give you that extra torque kick on 4.1 that will come in handy in sand or offloading. Mentioned track and lockers essentially for yaserAG, but yes we all fully believe you Saidhi Bhai when you say Kaikra is not meant for speed.....
    haan haan sirf 140 tak jai gi, trailer ke saath woh bhi
    More Power!!! More power....

  4. #203
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yaserag View Post
    you have a point, a 10% circumference difference should be noticeable... lets see. waise itni torque ka kya karna hai zameen mein garhay khoday gi launch par the most torque ive experienced under my right foot was 370 lbft/500 Nm. maza to bohot aata hai .... btw does the kaikra have an LSD?
    Aasman se girey ga kyaa LSD? Ya kaheen darakhton pe ugtaa thaa 1986 mein? Waisey thoraa bohat LSD hai iss mein clutch operated
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  5. #204
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yaserag View Post
    you have a point, a 10% circumference difference should be noticeable... lets see. waise itni torque ka kya karna hai zameen mein garhay khoday gi launch par the most torque ive experienced under my right foot was 370 lbft/500 Nm. maza to bohot aata hai .... btw does the kaikra have an LSD?
    You may not need / be able to use all the HP you can get on the sand, but you can never be too short of torque in my view.... NN may disagree, but the NPP just loves the indus sand run
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  6. #205
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yaserag View Post
    haan haan sirf 140 tak jai gi, trailer ke saath woh bhi
    Waisey too be fair, I don't doubt the intentions that "Kaikra baghaney ke liyay nahin hai" etc etc. But the fact is that when you have that throttle under your foot and you hear that engine roar, its almost as if you can hear Meshistopheles whisper in your ear: "Ab bhaghao ge nahin, to kyaa ghaas charwao ge iss se"!
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  7. #206
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saidhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,630
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    Waisey too be fair, I don't doubt the intentions that "Kaikra baghaney ke liyay nahin hai" etc etc. But the fact is that when you have that throttle under your foot and you hear that engine roar, its almost as if you can hear Meshistopheles whisper in your ear: "Ab bhaghao ge nahin, to kyaa ghaas charwao ge iss se"!
    Kar loo mazaak,,, zara kaikray ki steering play theek honay do or zara baraywala radiator fit honay do phir bataoon ga Kaikray ko kaisay bhagatay hain

  8. #207
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saidhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,630
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Shared two youtube videos of installation of ARB's air lockers on my facebook page. These are detailed/long videos, there are many others/shorter videos as well. What I understand is that the ring and pinion of original diff is used and only the internal piece is changed, which then is operated to lock open differentials remotely i.e with air pressure coming through a separately fitted air pump. Since we have Defender's front and rear air lockers with complete wiring, pump etc, question is whether Defender's air lockers can be fitted in Kaikra. My tech guru in Lahore, Salman Pervaiz aka Patwari says it can be.

    The mechanic who fitted the Air lockers on Defender is in Lahore and if this is possible, we will save money and will be able to use parts that are otherwise quite useless for the time being. Need not to mention I have been receiving quite depressing offers for these lockers and kept them for the only reason that they might be used one day.

    What I can do is that I will bring one of the air lockers to Islamabad on 9th June and we can discuss if these can be fitted on Kaikra, Till that, you watch the video and ponder how to do it

  9. #208
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saidhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,630
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Suhaib,,, what is the exact size of the tyres we are getting for Kaikra?

  10. #209
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saidhi View Post
    Kar loo mazaak,,, zara kaikray ki steering play theek honay do or zara baraywala radiator fit honay do phir bataoon ga Kaikray ko kaisay bhagatay hain
    Roll cage aur seat belts Daata Darbar pohanch kar lagein gee kyaa?
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  11. #210
    nn
    nn is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    12,094
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    You may not need / be able to use all the HP you can get on the sand, but you can never be too short of torque in my view.... NN may disagree, but the NPP just loves the indus sand run

    I do agree, you can never have enough torque, but than again you can never have enough power either. Requirement varies according to the terrains. Unfortunately don't have much of either in NPP in current guise, and with the existing drivetrain, I think 15-20% is easily lost.

    Indus sand runs............

  12. #211
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saidhi View Post
    Suhaib,,, what is the exact size of the tyres we are getting for Kaikra?
    I think its 265/75/16 or 32x10.5 equivalent. I had worked out the speed cuts with the current G52 gear box and 4.88 diffs. Will post later....
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  13. #212
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saidhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,630
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    Roll cage aur seat belts Daata Darbar pohanch kar lagein gee kyaa?
    You are right , famous Bilal Ganj is situated on the back of Data Darbar

  14. #213
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saidhi View Post
    Shared two youtube videos of installation of ARB's air lockers on my facebook page. These are detailed/long videos, there are many others/shorter videos as well. What I understand is that the ring and pinion of original diff is used and only the internal piece is changed, which then is operated to lock open differentials remotely i.e with air pressure coming through a separately fitted air pump. Since we have Defender's front and rear air lockers with complete wiring, pump etc, question is whether Defender's air lockers can be fitted in Kaikra. My tech guru in Lahore, Salman Pervaiz aka Patwari says it can be.

    The mechanic who fitted the Air lockers on Defender is in Lahore and if this is possible, we will save money and will be able to use parts that are otherwise quite useless for the time being. Need not to mention I have been receiving quite depressing offers for these lockers and kept them for the only reason that they might be used one day.

    What I can do is that I will bring one of the air lockers to Islamabad on 9th June and we can discuss if these can be fitted on Kaikra, Till that, you watch the video and ponder how to do it
    Hmmmm! I believe ARB has a different product for each differential type/gearing and Land Rover ARBS are unlikely to fit LN65s in any reliable way as such. We could have looked into replacing with Land Rover diffs (at least rear one) but they are not really all that strong and 3.X diff locker is unlikely to fit any other ratio as such.... Anyways, I guess not having lockers or LSD is not the end of the world at this stage.....
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  15. #214
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saidhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,630
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    Hmmmm! I believe ARB has a different product for each differential type/gearing and Land Rover ARBS are unlikely to fit LN65s in any reliable way as such. We could have looked into replacing with Land Rover diffs (at least rear one) but they are not really all that strong and 3.X diff locker is unlikely to fit any other ratio as such.... Anyways, I guess not having lockers or LSD is not the end of the world at this stage.....
    Yaar SK,,, air lockers costed almost half the price of basic Kaikra and probably close to one-third or one-fourth the price of prepared Kaikra,,, bhai yeh tu kissi talah fit kar he do,,,, agar diff main nah ho sakay to isko roof rack peh fit kar dain gae

  16. #215
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saidhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,630
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    I think its 265/75/16 or 32x10.5 equivalent. I had worked out the speed cuts with the current G52 gear box and 4.88 diffs. Will post later....
    If tyres are 265/75/16, there circumference will be 99.4 inches. Circumference of stock 215/80/15 was 89.7 inches.

  17. #216
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,130
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    If someone is ​in Australia personally buys stuff and sends it over vai ship will that work in significant cost reduction ? to avoid too much duty something like under invoicing ?? what about self carrying on airplane?
    RIP

  18. #217
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saidhi View Post
    If tyres are 265/75/16, there circumference will be 99.4 inches. Circumference of stock 215/80/15 was 89.7 inches.
    Tires Size : Gear cut offs in kmph @ 6250RPM , 4.88 ring pinion, G52 Gearbox

    215/80/15: 45, 75, 120, 174, 205

    265/75/16:
    50, 83, 133, 194, 227
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  19. #218
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Same story as above except with 4.1 ring pinion

    215/80/15: 53, 90, 142, 206, 243

    265/75/16: 59, 99, 158, 230, 270
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  20. #219
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saidhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,630
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    Same story as above except with 4.1 ring pinion

    215/80/15: 53, 90, 142, 206, 243

    265/75/16: 59, 99, 158, 230, 270
    SK yaar yeh 270 kahan chalain gae

  21. #220
    PakWheeler Follow
    yaserag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    38
    Posts
    748
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saidhi View Post
    Yaar SK,,, air lockers costed almost half the price of basic Kaikra and probably close to one-third or one-fourth the price of prepared Kaikra,,, bhai yeh tu kissi talah fit kar he do,,,, agar diff main nah ho sakay to isko roof rack peh fit kar dain gae

    fit ho jaien ge bhai... thori "mistri tobi" Karni paray gi...

    qwerty, you can get away with hand carrying some stuff... our customs waals are more interested in electronics etc i've done it a couple of times with no issues...
    More Power!!! More power....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •