Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 570
Like Tree369Likes

Thread: The Hi-Lex 'Kaikra' and Pajero Evolution 2JZGTE Builds!

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default The Hi-Lex 'Kaikra' and Pajero Evolution 2JZGTE Builds!

    Toyota Hilux LN65 - 1UZ-FE V8 Transplant:

    Project HiLex Kaikra Build! -1221618

    Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution - 2JZ GTE Twin Turbo Transplant:

    Project HiLex Kaikra Build! -1221617

    Owner: Qasim Saidhi
    Builders: Awan Brothers, Citi Sadar Road, Rawalpindi
    Advisors: Too many....
    Current Status: Read on and wish us luck....

    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  2. #121
    PakWheeler Follow
    yaserag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    38
    Posts
    748
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    ^^^ Thanks! But all us friends (Qasim, Farooq and Myself) are clear on one thing : Pehley Dew waalee Sirf aik baar Cholistan finish karrey gee, phir aagey ke baarey mein socha jaayey ga! Shahsawar jab ghorey se girrey to ussi ghorrey pe waapis baithnaa chaheeyay !
    mein ne ghorrey ku uthtay hi goli maar di! saala! sara qasur us ka thaa... ab nayay race walay "thoroughbred" ghoray pe race larain ge!
    More Power!!! More power....

  3. #122
    PakWheeler Follow
    yaserag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    38
    Posts
    748
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    ^^^ Thanks! But all us friends (Qasim, Farooq and Myself) are clear on one thing : Pehley Dew waalee Sirf aik baar Cholistan finish karrey gee, phir aagey ke baarey mein socha jaayey ga! Shahsawar jab ghorey se girrey to ussi ghorrey pe waapis baithnaa chaheeyay !
    waise aapas ki baat hai... iss ke chances kaafi hein... ab to icon waalon ne bolt on secondary shock system bhi launch kar diya hai
    More Power!!! More power....

  4. #123
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yaserag View Post
    mein ne ghorrey ku uthtay hi goli maar di! saala! sara qasur us ka thaa... ab nayay race walay "thoroughbred" ghoray pe race larain ge!
    Tum kitney jhoot bolo gey ! Saarey kaa saara qasoor aap ka apnaa tha, bas aglee baar dehaan se ! Ab fazool baatein band karro aur batao ke Hilux mein peechey radiator kaisey lagatey hain ?
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  5. #124
    nn
    nn is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    12,094
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Pics of Barchundi kaikra from Jhal 2011

    Project HiLex -1191077Project HiLex -1191078Project HiLex -1191079Project HiLex -1191080Project HiLex -1191081Project HiLex -1191082Project HiLex -1191083

  6. #125
    nn
    nn is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    12,094
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Unfortunately not with any kind of detail of radiator fitment

    Project HiLex -1191084Project HiLex -1191085Project HiLex -1191086Project HiLex -1191087Project HiLex -1191088Project HiLex -1191089Project HiLex -1191090

  7. #126
    PakWheeler Follow
    yaserag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    38
    Posts
    748
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    Tum kitney jhoot bolo gey ! Saarey kaa saara qasoor aap ka apnaa tha, bas aglee baar dehaan se ! Ab fazool baatein band karro aur batao ke Hilux mein peechey radiator kaisey lagatey hain ?
    well search truck bed mounted radiators on google and you'll come up with dozens of configurations... but i wouldnt restrict the kaikras boot space... might i suggest extending the front aprons by 4-5 inches to move the entire grille/radiator supports, cross-members and accommodate the radiator... will require minor cosmetic tuning on the fenders thats all.... the barchundi kaikra radiator has very low clearance on the cabin side...doubt the airflow was any good... the entire thing looks very "fragile" and looks like it can come apart on the 1st jump. but i guess these guys are past masters at this... their jimnys looked very fragile too this year....but didnt break.

    btw i'm serious about the 3uz...or a 1uz vvti... look out for one and let me know if you find one..
    More Power!!! More power....

  8. #127
    PakWheeler Follow
    yaserag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    38
    Posts
    748
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ahem, concordia future..Project HiLex -1191165
    More Power!!! More power....

  9. #128
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    Unfortunately not with any kind of detail of radiator fitment

    Project HiLex -1191084
    Thanks @nn! This is a classic photo BTW. The uber meticulous and super clean Khakwanis of Multan looking over the ultra ghetto and anti cosmetic creation of the Bharchundis of Ghotki. What an odd combo of people these rally walas are I must say
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  10. #129
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yaserag View Post

    btw i'm serious about the 3uz...or a 1uz vvti... look out for one and let me know if you find one..
    @yaserag : There is a lone 3UZ available with Haji Zaman, a couple of 1UZ vvtis and tons of 1UZs. There are two reasons why a 3UZ is a complete no no in my books at this stage. Firstly, the parts availability of the 3UZ is completely non existent, you can probably get anything you want from Dubai but the time and cost involved is your call. Secondly, as I have recently read somewhere you have to match the BHP of a vehicle against its weight and "wheel travel" to fully deploy the horses. While wheel travel arguably may not have been as important for Pakistan races in the past, the first stage of Cholistan 2013 was all about travel in my view, and I would not be surprised if Nadir Magsi with 6-8 extra inches of the Tacoma was significantly ahead of the rest until he broke down. So in my books, unless anyone has plans of an 18-24 inches build, a 1UZ with the right gearing (given the cost and parts availability) is just about all the BHP (and TORQUE!!) one can use with the sort of builds currently contemplated. The rest is up to the valving and driving. On the valving, balance and tuning is as if not more important than overall investment and on the driving experience counts more than raw talent perhaps.

    And yes these are my current views, which are subject to change quickly if someone or something can convince me otherwise. But at this stage, its not that I put in a 1UZ into my car and want to push everyone to do so (I unfortunately don't make commission on 1UZ sales) but I honestly don't think anything else works as well in terms of time, money and effectiveness!
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  11. #130
    PakWheeler Follow
    yaserag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    38
    Posts
    748
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    suhaib, paisa kitna maangta hai?
    More Power!!! More power....

  12. #131
    PakWheeler Follow
    yaserag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    38
    Posts
    748
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    @yaserag : There is a lone 3UZ available with Haji Zaman, a couple of 1UZ vvtis and tons of 1UZs. There are two reasons why a 3UZ is a complete no no in my books at this stage. Firstly, the parts availability of the 3UZ is completely non existent, you can probably get anything you want from Dubai but the time and cost involved is your call. Secondly, as I have recently read somewhere you have to match the BHP of a vehicle against its weight and "wheel travel" to fully deploy the horses. While wheel travel arguably may not have been as important for Pakistan races in the past, the first stage of Cholistan 2013 was all about travel in my view, and I would not be surprised if Nadir Magsi with 6-8 extra inches of the Tacoma was significantly ahead of the rest until he broke down. So in my books, unless anyone has plans of an 18-24 inches build, a 1UZ with the right gearing (given the cost and parts availability) is just about all the BHP (and TORQUE!!) one can use with the sort of builds currently contemplated. The rest is up to the valving and driving. On the valving, balance and tuning is as if not more important than overall investment and on the driving experience counts more than raw talent perhaps.

    And yes these are my current views, which are subject to change quickly if someone or something can convince me otherwise. But at this stage, its not that I put in a 1UZ into my car and want to push everyone to do so (I unfortunately don't make commission on 1UZ sales) but I honestly don't think anything else works as well in terms of time, money and effectiveness!
    Nadir has 13" of wheel travel upfront... im guessing he's using the total chaos 3.5" kit.... any of the other TC kits and he loses a couple of inches. there's no way he can have more travel with 4wd, the CV just wouldnt be able to take it. He probably has a few more inches of travel at the back. No doubt about the fact that his time in the khaabar section wouldve been great but he doesnt have 18+ inches of travel upfront.

    i'm not a big "BHP" fan but Torque...now thats another story... my opinion ( dont want to start a debate here), the magic number is 300 lb.ft.. and thats where the basic UZi falls short. My surf in chipped guise supposedly puts out a shade over that and i was impressed with the way it behaved on the softer dunes and the muggy bits...So heres the laundry list

    1. 2nd gen surf or IFS hilux platform
    2. single cabin pickup body on top
    3. 1UZ vvti or 3UZ
    4. R151f gearbox, hilux/surf stock diffs (exploring the possibility of a R154 + transfer case... that would be something )
    5. locally fabricated replica of the TC caddy kit with 12" of wheel travel (Yes i'm going to make it here )
    6. Dual shocks upfront (2.5")
    7. SUA at the back (if using a hilux platform)
    8. No glass, no aprons... tubular engine cage and fiber hood (the non combustible kind)...

    there you go, Kaikra on steroids....
    More Power!!! More power....

  13. #132
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yaserag View Post
    suhaib, paisa kitna maangta hai?
    I believe the ask was around 150k or something (not sure how complete it is), 1UZ vvti around 110-120k from what I recall, complete 1UZ for 80k.
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  14. #133
    PakWheeler Follow
    orange17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Another monster in the making ..
    Another beast in the arsenal of IJC

  15. #134
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Some extended testing yesterday, making use of the cool weather. Removed the hood which seemed to keep the temp much more comfortable (though it was not a hot day) despite Ehsan's heavy foot throttling. Early on in the day, I dropped the car into 4wd to get rid of the spinning tires and dancing tail, seemed to work rather well. Finally got a sense of how quick and powerful the car is, immediately raising the question of whether its faster than the FJ Uzi or not!!??? Some teasing is in order perhaps, but not too much show yet :



    The thing is that, we have perhaps never experienced a powerful engine with a 4.88 gear combo with the only exceptions being the Evos and Pajeros which have lower diff ratios with some compensation at the gear box. This one, you can launch the car in second gear with wheelspin. The first gear is very short for drag racing but you could perhaps skip the first altogether for a decent 0-100kmph run. The main kick here is when you get to the third gear which pulls you up to 130 kmph, very quick and torquey here I must say....
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  16. #135
    PakWheeler Follow
    yaserag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    38
    Posts
    748
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    Some extended testing yesterday, making use of the cool weather. Removed the hood which seemed to keep the temp much more comfortable (though it was not a hot day) despite Ehsan's heavy foot throttling. Early on in the day, I dropped the car into 4wd to get rid of the spinning tires and dancing tail, seemed to work rather well. Finally got a sense of how quick and powerful the car is, immediately raising the question of whether its faster than the FJ Uzi or not!!??? Some teasing is in order perhaps, but not too much show yet :



    The thing is that, we have perhaps never experienced a powerful engine with a 4.88 gear combo with the only exceptions being the Evos and Pajeros which have lower diff ratios with some compensation at the gear box. This one, you can launch the car in second gear with wheelspin. The first gear is very short for drag racing but you could perhaps skip the first altogether for a decent 0-100kmph run. The main kick here is when you get to the third gear which pulls you up to 130 kmph, very quick and torquey here I must say....
    Ahem! to akhir "nuskha" theek he hai apna.. imagine this with long travel IFS...and less weight!
    More Power!!! More power....

  17. #136
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saidhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,630
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    Some extended testing yesterday, making use of the cool weather. Removed the hood which seemed to keep the temp much more comfortable (though it was not a hot day) despite Ehsan's heavy foot throttling. Early on in the day, I dropped the car into 4wd to get rid of the spinning tires and dancing tail, seemed to work rather well. Finally got a sense of how quick and powerful the car is, immediately raising the question of whether its faster than the FJ Uzi or not!!??? Some teasing is in order perhaps, but not too much show yet :



    The thing is that, we have perhaps never experienced a powerful engine with a 4.88 gear combo with the only exceptions being the Evos and Pajeros which have lower diff ratios with some compensation at the gear box. This one, you can launch the car in second gear with wheelspin. The first gear is very short for drag racing but you could perhaps skip the first altogether for a decent 0-100kmph run. The main kick here is when you get to the third gear which pulls you up to 130 kmph, very quick and torquey here I must say....
    Mazza aanay laga tha tu video hi khatum ho gaya

  18. #137
    PakWheeler Follow
    yaserag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    38
    Posts
    748
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saidhi View Post
    Mazza aanay laga tha tu video hi khatum ho gaya
    yeh sk ki puraani aadat hai! tarpa tarpa ki reveal karta hai
    More Power!!! More power....

  19. #138
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saidhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,630
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    SK,,, kooie achi video laga dain,,, please

    Kooie top speed ki video,, kooie pick up ki video,,, kooie drift ki video,,, aaik zara lambi video,,, sirf aaik video ka sawaal hae baba

  20. #139
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Pehley sabbar, phir shukar, aur aakhir mein astagphaar :
    it's coming, it's coming...
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

  21. #140
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SuhaibKiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,899
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    There it goes, hopefully appetizing enough for the night :
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •