Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Plz Pajero experts advice me .

dear pakwheels jeep experts.

i have a keen interest in having a powerful 4X4 ride , powerful i said because i bought two times mini pajeros and not satisfied with them because they are fuel guzzler , no power and they are not a proper offroader.

so after searching a lot i come to conclusion that i can get a pajero 80 series because it come in my low budget.
    now i come across a Pajero 93 2800cc body swaped with exceed and previously cleared from a ministry of government and registration is of Karachi.

i test drive that pajero it's of one of my friend. there is noise when turning the steering and steering wheels is not turning as smooth as a power steering should be . i bring it to the Ustad where i usely fixes my other car . he told that pump of steering wheel is malfunctioning. and after engine check he told that it's weak and you have to change it with other kabli one ..
    one thing i want to know from experts is that when i rode that pajero the pick was awesome , is weak engines have good pick up in this sorts of rides.

my questions list are as following to precise
    1- the price tag of that ride is 650000/- is it okay
    2- should i consider engine change or it can be fixed and run , because the pick is felt okay
    3- the price tag is okay if there will be need of engine swap
    4- what will be the cost of wind screen . the screen is intact but there is a crack in it .
    5- the ride need several other works because the owner was a rough user.

so can i get a plunge into that buying which i think if get worst i have to restore it thoroughly .
    pictures are included for better opinion and also the interior of ride also need some restoring .

Attached Images Attached Images    

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Should be around 500k to 550k
    Engine should be around 40-50 k
    Car sedms good to me but what the model on the registration book and what about the engine was it changed when the body was changed?
    Don't go for engine repair go for a swap with kabli ond as pajero gets ovsrheated on longroutes!
    Please make sure to get 2 gaskits installed when you will swap the engine!,(it will avoid overheating even in harsh conditions)

Sent from my HTC One X using PW Forums mobile app
    Mod Edit: Commercial selling is not allowed!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The most Important is check if the body change duty is paid and cleared by custom dep. As they can catch you any time as they have data of all the imported vech and impose duty on it.
    Runing and pick is not concerned with engine weakness. As weak engine will have good pick and run but will eat oil and tourque will be less
    -The Road to Success is always Under Construction, Thats why I Built a Jeep.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats Good that you started thinking about Pajero.

Please do check the price of Kabli 2800cc 4m40 engine before deciding the deal s the prices are really very very high now a days. evena japanese 4d56 will cost you around 90K or more.

Do check the Body custom issue is it paid or not .
    rest Generation 2 is a good ride to have .

Happy Motoring
    Old is Gold
    Sulfide by Nature ....Trained & Tuned @ Toyota,,,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My dear Brother @travelinghell, first of all welcome to pajero club....

-> Yes weak engines do have great pick... but they are smokey & eat oil too much, & less torque
    -> Yes if in turning you are hearing noise, then power pump is malfunctioned, it can be replaced not too expensive
    -> Yes do consider about engine change because there are not much experts who can overhaul the engine, for engine swap go for 4m40 with auto tranny, because manual one is sluggish sometimes or you can also go for 4D56 Tdi with manual
    -> There is no tax on body if the chassis is of Gen 2. On gen 2 chassis you can swap any body of gen 2 from 91-2000
    -> Windscreen is not much expensive, will surely give you the rate tomorrow morning
    -> Last point the price tag should be around 5.50 lac not more than this!

Happy Off Roading

if need any other help contact me without any hesitation on my cell # 0344-5512155
    Will be glad to help

Regards,
    Huzaifa Ahmed
    https://www.facebook.com/CAR.Fest.Pak

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ajjubravo , @haroon9scotch and @joinami thanks all of you for valuable advices.

one thing i am afraid is a lot of hazzal to fix a car to this extent. am still thinking of a ride which atleast don't requires a engine swap . i have fearful toughts of installing a used engine which isn't confirmed about it's life or may be it's already rundown.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Demonoid thank you dear for your kind responce. i want a humble suggestion about swapping engine and fixing other earned of the said ride is a fruitful process in the end or i have to be a regular visitor of ustad jee of workshops . i have a very strong fear of unwanted problems coming out of vehicle which requires time and money vestige. which in this busy life of this era, one don't have . i am too much confused in deciding, can i go for it or stay away and wait for any other better option.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Demonoid View Post
    My dear Brother @travelinghell, first of all welcome to pajero club....

-> Yes weak engines do have great pick... but they are smokey & eat oil too much, & less torque
    -> Yes if in turning you are hearing noise, then power pump is malfunctioned, it can be replaced not too expensive
    -> Yes do consider about engine change because there are not much experts who can overhaul the engine, for engine swap go for 4m40 with auto tranny, because manual one is sluggish sometimes or you can also go for 4D56 Tdi with manual
    -> There is no tax on body if the chassis is of Gen 2. On gen 2 chassis you can swap any body of gen 2 from 91-2000
    -> Windscreen is not much expensive, will surely give you the rate tomorrow morning
    -> Last point the price tag should be around 5.50 lac not more than this!

Happy Off Roading

if need any other help contact me without any hesitation on my cell # 0344-5512155
    Will be glad to help

Regards,
    Huzaifa Ahmed
    Are you sure? as i have heard(heard as i havent done it my self) that it is only legal to put body on same gen chassis.
    and one has to pay tax on the body. putting 2gen body on 1st gen chassis is not legal.
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@qwertypoiu
    Sir maine bhi tu yei kaha , and i am sure it is legal, but yeah you cannot swap gen 2 body on gen 1 chassis for that one have to pay the body tax

@travelinghell
    if i were you i would go for this car, i will quote fouadhafeez here

"from this point onwards you'll be spending tons of moolah just to get your ride to the very cutting edge of performance and looks, only to wear it down on crazy off-roading adventures that you are sure to undertake. So I suppose you'd best get acquainted with the off-roader's mantra early on..."build. Break. Fix. Repeat""

Sir, you just need time there is not much money wastage!

End product will be awesome!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir if its body change don't buy this car , orignal cheez orignal hoti hai
    1- False friends r worst than open enemies , 2- Only Youth can change the system

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is the exact model year on the book?
    To all the extreme drivers, please come offroad like ME to keep others safe on the roads.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ajjubravo
    Sir jee kidr reh rahey ho? 40-50k ka engine mjhe bhi dila do hehehehe

@travelinghell
    sir the kabuli engine 2800cc turbo intercooled with auto tranny will cost you around 185k, & if you give your old engine, then it will cost you around 150k-155k

@Dhoc_Vtec

kiun bhai jaan body change me kia gunnah hai?
    body change bhi ho tu bhi apko original ka na pata lagey if the other guy dont tell you about swap

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have gone through body change duty on one of my jeep and believe me they had lot of Pajero and LC with same year chasis and body. It is on the discreation of custom people they can catch you any time. And specially in Lahore you see them quite often in Def and Gulberg.
    I will say dont buy this jeep as it is BC with week engine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

100% agreed

@ajjubravo
    Sir jee kidr reh rahey ho? 40-50k ka engine mjhe bhi dila do hehehehe

@travelinghell
    sir the kabuli engine 2800cc turbo intercooled with auto tranny will cost you around 185k, & if you give your old engine, then it will cost you around 150k-155k

@Dhoc_Vtec

kiun bhai jaan body change me kia gunnah hai?
    body change bhi ho tu bhi apko original ka na pata lagey if the other guy dont tell you about swap
    From 2.0 Toyota Corolla to 2.5 MMC Pajero ...Corolla u ll always b missed...but the life goes ON...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

body swap of the same model doses nt make any difference

Quote Originally Posted by Dhoc_Vtec View Post
    sir if its body change don't buy this car , orignal cheez orignal hoti hai
    From 2.0 Toyota Corolla to 2.5 MMC Pajero ...Corolla u ll always b missed...but the life goes ON...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear to cut the long story short.... if u wanna buy u ll have to spend at least 3 lac on it...i would nt do...if u can do it then GO AHEAD dear....i wish u GOODLUCK

Quote Originally Posted by travelinghell View Post
    dear pakwheels jeep experts.

i have a keen interest in having a powerful 4X4 ride , powerful i said because i bought two times mini pajeros and not satisfied with them because they are fuel guzzler , no power and they are not a proper offroader.

so after searching a lot i come to conclusion that i can get a pajero 80 series because it come in my low budget.
    now i come across a Pajero 93 2800cc body swaped with exceed and previously cleared from a ministry of government and registration is of Karachi.

i test drive that pajero it's of one of my friend. there is noise when turning the steering and steering wheels is not turning as smooth as a power steering should be . i bring it to the Ustad where i usely fixes my other car . he told that pump of steering wheel is malfunctioning. and after engine check he told that it's weak and you have to change it with other kabli one ..
    one thing i want to know from experts is that when i rode that pajero the pick was awesome , is weak engines have good pick up in this sorts of rides.

my questions list are as following to precise
    1- the price tag of that ride is 650000/- is it okay
    2- should i consider engine change or it can be fixed and run , because the pick is felt okay
    3- the price tag is okay if there will be need of engine swap
    4- what will be the cost of wind screen . the screen is intact but there is a crack in it .
    5- the ride need several other works because the owner was a rough user.

so can i get a plunge into that buying which i think if get worst i have to restore it thoroughly .
    pictures are included for better opinion and also the interior of ride also need some restoring .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Demonoid bhai ya engine to bohat mehnga hay and dear i run a business which requires time and if i vast my quality time in fixing pajero , i get a lot loss and tension . lets see where i click , because i have a strong intention of having a pajero.

@Dhoc_Vtec dear you are right but 2nd generation pajeros are made to replace the body but the third generation pajeros chassis and body are one unit so there body changing is not possible .

@jeepaholic dear the model on registration is same as the body's year of manufacturing 1993. but it was not exceed and auto after changing the body it become auto and latest amenities and 2.8 engine.

@haroon9scotch that's right sir , am not concerned about resale and this ride is fully legal through documents because it's bought from government ministry auction and the body which is swaped is the same model of body written on registration i-e 93, but i am worried of fixing this bull to maximum extent .. it vast my lot of time which i don't have and more over i was having experience of locals mechanics they ruins every thing ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@qwertypoiu
    Sir maine bhi tu yei kaha , and i am sure it is legal, but yeah you cannot swap gen 2 body on gen 1 chassis for that one have to pay the body tax
    2nd gen body on 1 gen chassis is Not legal even if you pay tax. when ever you swap a body you need to pay tax and have should have custom receipt.
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    2nd gen body on 1 gen chassis is Not legal even if you pay tax. when ever you swap a body you need to pay tax and have should have custom receipt.
    That is exactly what I am saying. Any one can go to custom office and check the Law. Any body change needs to pay the tax what ever the year is of chasis and body. It is by shear luck that body changed jeeps are not caught. They can be caught any day and have to pay the tax.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haroon9scotch View Post
    That is exactly what I am saying. Any one can go to custom office and check the Law. Any body change needs to pay the tax what ever the year is of chasis and body. It is by shear luck that body changed jeeps are not caught. They can be caught any day and have to pay the tax.
    haroon bhai i confirmed with my friend he told me that custom was not paid for the body swap , he said that the registration and body is of the same model so there is no need to pay tax ... but i realize that wording is only for selling it and after buying this i get into a lot trouble if custom guys detects it's body is swapped .. now i decided to stay away from this ride .
    thanks again for your valuable advice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List