Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Plz Pajero experts advice me .

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    travelinghell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    38
    Posts
    960
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Plz Pajero experts advice me .

    dear pakwheels jeep experts.

    i have a keen interest in having a powerful 4X4 ride , powerful i said because i bought two times mini pajeros and not satisfied with them because they are fuel guzzler , no power and they are not a proper offroader.

    so after searching a lot i come to conclusion that i can get a pajero 80 series because it come in my low budget.
    now i come across a Pajero 93 2800cc body swaped with exceed and previously cleared from a ministry of government and registration is of Karachi.

    i test drive that pajero it's of one of my friend. there is noise when turning the steering and steering wheels is not turning as smooth as a power steering should be . i bring it to the Ustad where i usely fixes my other car . he told that pump of steering wheel is malfunctioning. and after engine check he told that it's weak and you have to change it with other kabli one ..
    one thing i want to know from experts is that when i rode that pajero the pick was awesome , is weak engines have good pick up in this sorts of rides.

    my questions list are as following to precise
    1- the price tag of that ride is 650000/- is it okay
    2- should i consider engine change or it can be fixed and run , because the pick is felt okay
    3- the price tag is okay if there will be need of engine swap
    4- what will be the cost of wind screen . the screen is intact but there is a crack in it .
    5- the ride need several other works because the owner was a rough user.

    so can i get a plunge into that buying which i think if get worst i have to restore it thoroughly .
    pictures are included for better opinion and also the interior of ride also need some restoring .

    Attached Images Attached Images    

  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Demonoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2,030
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Haroon bhai, i just know about pajero, and this law does not apply on pajero, you can just swap a gen 2 body on gen 2 chassis without paying any tax, because shape of gen 2 is same from 1991-2000, just minor changes in interior! so if you have gen 2 chassis of 1992 model then if you want to you can swap the body of Gen 2 1994 model, you dont have to pay any tax!

    BUT! There is a big BUT!
    Color & engine hp should be same as mentioned in book
    & the engine number is changed accordingly on the book!
    https://www.facebook.com/CAR.Fest.Pak

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Demonoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2,030
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @travelinghell your friend is right there is no need to pay tax, still before buying you can go to custom office and verify it from there for your satisfaction! otherwise there is no problem with that!!!

    and if you are not interested, then tell me where is the car located, i will buy it!
    https://www.facebook.com/CAR.Fest.Pak

  4. #23
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,136
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonoid View Post
    Haroon bhai, i just know about pajero, and this law does not apply on pajero, you can just swap a gen 2 body on gen 2 chassis without paying any tax, because shape of gen 2 is same from 1991-2000, just minor changes in interior! so if you have gen 2 chassis of 1992 model then if you want to you can swap the body of Gen 2 1994 model, you dont have to pay any tax!
    Lets say if you import body of 2nd gen pajero will it be subjected to custom duty ?
    now if Some NCP body is used will it be subjected to custom duty ?
    RIP

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Demonoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2,030
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by travelinghell View Post

    @Demonoid bhai ya engine to bohat mehnga hay and dear i run a business which requires time and if i vast my quality time in fixing pajero , i get a lot loss and tension . lets see where i click , because i have a strong intention of having a pajero.
    @travelinghell

    its not necessary to swap whole engine you can also go for only assembly & head

    if you dont have much time then you can contact me!

    Regards,
    Huzaifa Ahmed
    https://www.facebook.com/CAR.Fest.Pak

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Demonoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2,030
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    Lets say if you import body of 2nd gen pajero will it be subjected to custom duty ?
    now if Some NCP body is used will it be subjected to custom duty ?
    First of all you cant import the body,
    2ndly again on ncp body you dont have to pay tax, if the color is same as mentioned in book, & the engine HP is same as mentioned in book but you have to change engine number on book then it is good to go! No one will catch you!
    https://www.facebook.com/CAR.Fest.Pak

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Demonoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2,030
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @travelinghell

    Sir just check if the color of body & the horse power of engine is same as mentioned in book & the engine number is changed accordingly, then car is legal, there is no issue in that!
    https://www.facebook.com/CAR.Fest.Pak

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,136
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonoid View Post
    First of all you cant import the body,
    2ndly again on ncp body you dont have to pay tax, if the color is same as mentioned in book, & the engine is same as mentioned in book but you have to change engine number on book then it is good to go! No one will catch you!
    basically you are saying there is tax but etc etc and if color is same they will not catch you, so risk is there.

    lets say that you drive around in NCP car there are chances they will catch you but there are chances you dont get caught .
    RIP

  9. #28
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon9scotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    51
    Posts
    972
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Sir if you change body legally you have to pay tax. Now if the color is same and you never get caught it is your luck. And luck can change any day. As police and custom Departments are the same once you are caught the only way out is through Quad-i-Azam.
    I would never advice any one to pay for a body change vehicle, after all you will be paying hard earned cash. And if you are paying it is your right to get the vehicle cleared through legal lakunas.
    -The Road to Success is always Under Construction, Thats why I Built a Jeep.

  10. #29
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon9scotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    51
    Posts
    972
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonoid View Post
    Haroon bhai, i just know about pajero, and this law does not apply on pajero, you can just swap a gen 2 body on gen 2 chassis without paying any tax, because shape of gen 2 is same from 1991-2000, just minor changes in interior! so if you have gen 2 chassis of 1992 model then if you want to you can swap the body of Gen 2 1994 model, you dont have to pay any tax!

    BUT! There is a big BUT!
    Color & engine hp should be same as mentioned in book
    & the engine number is changed accordingly on the book!
    Sir Check with any custom Department body change is taxed, what ever the year and shape it may be.
    -The Road to Success is always Under Construction, Thats why I Built a Jeep.

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Demonoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2,030
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    As you say sir! :-)

  12. #31
    PakWheeler Follow
    travelinghell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    38
    Posts
    960
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Demonoid bhai it is only the extreme desire and obsession for a pajero or a 4X4 that i am thinking on this Junk ... my view on this vehicle is that it belongs to a junk yard or kabaria .. if you still want to buy it i let you know the number of owner ...
    after a lot thinking of restoring , i decided to stay away from it and have peace.

  13. #32
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Demonoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    2,030
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by travelinghell View Post
    @Demonoid bhai it is only the extreme desire and obsession for a pajero or a 4X4 that i am thinking on this Junk ... my view on this vehicle is that it belongs to a junk yard or kabaria .. if you still want to buy it i let you know the number of owner ...
    after a lot thinking of restoring , i decided to stay away from it and have peace.
    I have no issue in that!

    Kindly PM me the owner's number
    https://www.facebook.com/CAR.Fest.Pak

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •