72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default A request to IJC

Dear friends, this thing has been hammering my mind for quite some time. What i want is that we have so many experts in IJC who keeps telling us how to handle our vehicles, whenever we meet on events, but still there is a need for proper discussion on few basic issues/ topics. Would it not be a good idea if we arrange sittings/ gatherings where we just discuss and talk, sort of question answer sessions without having our 4X4's involved physically? It can be once in a month or may be in two months.
    I have personally experienced that at times we do not know few very basic things about our 4X4's and believe me we have amazing talented experts around us who can be very helpful in improving our skills.
    We can have different topics on different days or can discuss randomly anything someone wants to ask.
    Please do come up with suggestions, all those who agree with me.
    Regards
    Noman

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice thread & nice step noman bhai, good going, am with you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    67 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think u shud join IJC in there next event and discuss there ......
    LEGENDS OF THE NORTH

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats a very genuine initiative Noman bhae.

No doubt, anyone new to 4x4s should know his vehicle thoroughly, before going Offroad.

But I think its easier for the person who is explaining & the person who is learning.
    To have his 4x4 with him.

Yes, on the next event, our Very-Well Experienced Seniors, can sit with the person new to 4x4, in his respective ride, & give him a brief intro about 4wding.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I remember the first time, I went with IJC to Rawat.

On my first track, Nomi bhae, who at that time owned a blue 70 Series LC,
    asked me whether I had ever been off road before.

So I said "No"

Then he told me that you have to be in Low 4x4 gear, and that you have to keep the vehicle straight while ascending,
    & try not to turn while asceneding or descending

And also, that I should try not to apply breaks while going back in reverse & keep the vehicle moving in gear...

At that time I never knew so much about 4Wding.
    But with the passage of time I learned from seniors, my previous mistakes & ofcourse watching off raod videos on YouTube.

So .. yes I & all others who are new to 4x4 should learn from our seniors. And ask them questions.
    So that we can improve our driving skills

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by noman8ff View Post
    Dear friends, this thing has been hammering my mind for quite some time. What i want is that we have so many experts in IJC who keeps telling us how to handle our vehicles, whenever we meet on events, but still there is a need for proper discussion on few basic issues/ topics. Would it not be a good idea if we arrange sittings/ gatherings where we just discuss and talk, sort of question answer sessions without having our 4X4's involved physically? It can be once in a month or may be in two months.
    I have personally experienced that at times we do not know few very basic things about our 4X4's and believe me we have amazing talented experts around us who can be very helpful in improving our skills.
    We can have different topics on different days or can discuss randomly anything someone wants to ask.
    Please do come up with suggestions, all those who agree with me.
    Regards
    Noman
    Good idea Noman bhai .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks everyone. Let me further explain what's in my mind.

We can have sittings at some place not necessarily an offroad track, may be at someone's place, in any park, open restaurants, in any hall and proper lessons/ lectures be delivered by nominated people with question answer sessions later on.

This will help everyone to understand his vehicle in particular and offroading in general.

We can always float different topics a couple of days before meeting or may be a week earlier and everyone should write down relevant questions with him which he may ask. By this, i am sure there will be sort of a group discussion full of knowledge and information sharing and will surely help everyone.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by noman8ff View Post
    Thanks everyone. Let me further explain what's in my mind.

We can have sittings at some place not necessarily an offroad track, may be at someone's place, in any park, open restaurants, in any hall and proper lessons/ lectures be delivered by nominated people with question answer sessions later on.

This will help everyone to understand his vehicle in particular and offroading in general.

We can always float different topics a couple of days before meeting or may be a week earlier and everyone should write down relevant questions with him which he may ask. By this, i am sure there will be sort of a group discussion full of knowledge and information sharing and will surely help everyone.
    I agree sir, but may I suggest that this would be a lot easier if the person who is teaching, would be sitting in a 4x4, and also perform a practical demostration.

Because some things are best learnt practically

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree. May be we can have it in a park type place.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Although all the senior members of IJC give tips to the new comers & guests but If u think that comprehensive guide line to be given then it is more practical at the tracks

Cas we used to have different guests on IJC events

If anyone has a special question regarding Offroad technique then he can ask on this forum

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ All, the learning never stops (for all of us), and the experience always helps.

The simplest way is that, whenever there is an event, it can be discussed n decided by the people present if they want to have a short interactive session with practical demonstrations etc. A practical version is usually remembered best.

BTW, Apart from safety aspect which is never to be ignored, the first and foremost recommendation is that make sure your 4X4 is working before you hit the tracks. And after that my personal favourite is " if you are gonna attempt any obstacle, make sure you have proper front and rear safe towing hooks! ;p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Amir bhai and Dr sb, i agree. Believe me there is so much learning on your events and at least i have gained a lot. And than different people discussing different vehicles/ engines and than how to handle them is what is required. Yes, we can always discuss on the next event, i am sure and would expect some supporting my idea.

Practical knowledge is surely very important but some basic information like, how different tires behave on different terrains, what's the importance of torque/ acceleration in rallies and in hard core offroading, importance of wheel travel and how to improve it, advantages and disadvantages of weight in different terrains like sand, mud, slush and so many other related things can always be discussed on table in a shape of lecture/ briefing.

And i am sure if it started, we'll have plenty of things to discuss. Personally i feel that 4X4's are not just vehicles having low and high gears, ther are much more than that.

Regards

Noman

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Noman sb,
    Its very important to learn atleast a few basic things in this sport before getting started. without proper guidelines results could be dangerous. However, what you are saying requires considerable effort on part of people learning as well as presenting. time constraints and other things could make this not the best and most practical way to impart and learn knowledge.<br>
    As others have mentioned, we try to spend a few minutes before most events to talk through some of the basic points. however we can emphasize more in next events...<br>
    I think the best way to learn the 'theoretical' aspect might be right here on these forums... we can all post questions and have a few designated senior offroaders provide answers to them. since there could be many questions ranging from topic to topic, we can easily post them here on our own time and receive answers.. what do you say?
    I may get Lost But I don't get stuck!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List