Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Pajero GDI Maintenance

Hello everyone,
    I have recently acquired a 98' Pajero GDI. A 6G74 engine I believe?
    I am fairly new to this type of engine so please bear with me

I am aware that the most common complaint is fuel pump issues, are replacements easily available?

On a side note, the vehicle has been driven rather sparingly and has not been pushed much, so is this something I would have to deal with in the near future or 30-40,000 km down the line? (It has currently clocked around 70,000)

The first thing on my checklist is to decoke the inlet tracts and valves and piston heads, what is the best way to do that ?
    I also read somewhere that I should use liqui moly with it, is that true? Otherwise I am thinking of using synthetic oil.

Also thinking of using a fuel additive every 10,000km and a premium/low octane mix for fuel.

Next, I want to get a compression and injector pressure test done. Where should I go in the Pindi/Islamabad area?
    And where can I get a good quality catch can to slow down or prevent carbon buildup ?

Any other advice on maintaining the vehicle would really be appreciated !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

to correctly clean the combustion chambers you need something potent like GM top cleaner, Kreen engine cleaner etc. its very toxic and nasty and is used professionally. You would need someone from dubai etc to bring it in for you.

The fuel high pressure pump is usually good for a long time unless you ommited the fuel filter in the car. As a freindly advice to all my close freinds I never recommended buying a GDI mitsubishi, its a pain to own, operate and service in Pakistan. Its great wherever the manufacturer backed its service.

I would not advise you to install any catch can in it - the breather system is pretty well built itself. The engine oil needs to be a very strong one as it can get heavily diluted with fuel - in some cases the oil level can rise too. This usually happens if the engine is running cold all the time or your AFM and O2 sensors are sleepy. btw this problem also washes down the cylinders and causes wear. So its in best interest to "see" what the engine is upto with an OBD scan tool on regular intervals.

For oils - look in the owners manual or use a nice synthetic low emmissions oil like mobil1.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do you think it is a good idea to try to decoke if it has only driven 70,000 km ? A little build up on the piston crowns and combustion chambers is good after all, the insulation it provides raises the CR a little , etc.

Yes, I typically change my oil on other vehicles I own every 3000-3500 km. I'll go for Mobil1 or Liqui Moly, that should be good for 6000-7000km I guess? That's how often I get the Audi's changed. (A4 1.8T)

Thank you so much for your response Xulfiqar.

4. 01-09-2013, 11:33 PM

PakWheeler

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List