Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need help

Respected members and seniors.

I am technically new to the forum, though i have had this id for sometime, but mostly i have been a silent reader. Now I have issues that have me confused like crazy.

About a year back i bought a 1989 1st Gen 3 door pajero. Intially it was a great car, lots of power (considering i had only driven indus corollas before that). I kept a friends advice, i would regularly change the oil and oil filter at 2500 - 2800 km mark. Occassionally i would mix synthetic oil and diesel cleaners also, which some people told me would do no harm and no good either. But now the issue is, when i press on the accelerator, on the 3rd and the fouth gear, she blows alot of smoke, and then clears as the speed increases. After a long run, she would even stop doing that. But when she does, the smoke is blue or black (at times) with a heavy diesely smell.

Q1) What seems to be the problem? Some told me i should get the automizer serviced and the nozzles checked and the diesel filter changed. Does these things help solve anything?
    Q2) How often should one change the oil filter, air filter, diesel filter?

Then one huge problem started around eid. I was out of the country and i had left the car with my brother-in-law. At that time, the vehical had 235/70R15s fit on it. When i came back he had swapped my tyres with a friends and the vehical was standing on 265/75R16s. Though the car looks awesome with all tht added height and stuff and the tyres look big and mean but the driving pleasure is just not there. Firstly the car wobbles, almost like a pulse. Secondly if i have to turn (full cut) right or left, there is a gut wrenching clang noise. The sick, metal rubbed against mental kind of sound,
    Qs) What generally makes that noise in the car?
    Q) From what i have read 235/70R15 is a standard size for these vehicals. What do i need to do to make this upgrade work for me. Now the handbreaks wont hold specially on steep slopes. If i need to park on such a road, i have to ask someone to slide a rock under the tyres to hold the car in place.

If this post is a very long and boring one and not useful to the forum the mods may please delete it, but i really need help, since this is my first jeep endeavour and i have alot to learn. If any of the seniors could accomodate me and check out the vehical or recommend a good mechanic it would be a great help and save me alot of time and money. I am sure some of you might know me from PakGuns or The gun forum. My name is Fahad Khalid. So whatever help i can get would be hugely appreciated.

Best Regards
    Fahad Khalid

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am back with my questions . Taking some off time, due to work stuff and eid and all that and now i have some time on my hands. I was recently searching and reading up, i found articles related to the intercooler cleaning. Most of the ppl said, they disconnect the intercooler, take it out, fill it up petrol/ acetone/ carb cleaners, shook them around, spilled the cleaning liquid out, left it to dry overnight and connected it back. Is it as simple as it sounds? Does cleaning the intercooler have any benifits? Some owners even mentioned that they'd leave petrol in the intercooler overnight, then did the cleaning the other day and then left it to either dry off in a airy place or used compressed air to dry it out. If cleaning up the intercooler is a good thing, what wud you guys recommend is the best way of doing it? Quickly rinse it off with petrol or leave petrol over night then do the cleaning the other day. and would PETROL be the best option?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dint get an answer but since i dint want to waste a sunday, so i spent the night searching and googling and today i went a head and took my intercooler apart. The dismantling was very easy. Took apart the four nuts tht held it in place, took the top cover off, took off the pipes and disconnected the electric brakets and the intercooler was out. The IC Was black and covered on the inside with lined with black oil and some lumps. Since all the reading was done last night, i dint hve any carb cleaners, so my choice was petrol. I got about 5 ltrs of hi-octane and filled up the intercooler about half way and left for abt an hour. Then i cycled the remaining petrol, shaking the cooler and draining it. I krpt on doing it till the petrol startded coming out less oily and black and more petrolly till i ran out of petrol. Then using a blower i dried the intercooler for abt an hr and a half, till i was smelling the petrol fumes less and less. Putting the IC was not as simple, since aligning the nuts was a pretty tedious task. But the outcome was alot less black smoke, the engine sounds alot more quiet., there is a slight difference in the pick or maybe i feel it. But on the whole it was a good learning exprience.

Now i want to what an EGR is? Where is it located and what does it do in an engine?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Need help -1289668Need help -1289669Need help -1289670

as the word says - E G R - exhaust gas regulator - it controls warm gas circualtion to intercooler
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All the other international forums claimed and confused. Some said they close the EGR, some said they block it, sme claim they clean. What is the right action for an EGR. Shud it be serviced regularly? Can it be done at home? Shud it be blocked and if so how and if so what benifits does blocking it have?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a regulator shall be serviced cleaned not to be blocked or removed. unless the system is removed which it is integral part of - The Intercooler. Yes it can be cleaned as DIY without damaging the vacuum driver
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The upcomming two holidays i have planned two things. I want to clean and repaint the vehicals shields and change the diesel filter. Is changing the diesel filter easy and could someone take out time to give me a step by step guide of how to do it. I have already gotten a mitsubishi diesel filter. Now you guys have to help me thru it. Regards

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List