Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Wtb: Fj40 / fj45

As Salam O Aleikum, everyone.

As the title to the thread says, I'm looking for the bodyshell, frame, and papers/vouchers for an FJ40 soft-top or FJ45 hardtop pickup. I need the car to act as a donor for a project that I've been considering for a long time. Engine, transmission, diffs, axles, and mechanicals are NOT required, since the vehicle is going to be rebuilt from the ground upwards. Potential sellers are at liberty to remove all of these things from the vehicle. I would prefer an unbuilt donor car, to minimise on costs. I'm looking to pay no more than 175K for the body, frame and voucher/papers...depending on the condition of the same.

Interested parties can contact me by the following means...

email: fouad.hafeez@gmail.com
    facebook: www.facebook.com/fouad.hafeez
    SMS only: 0308 5552555

Or simply contact me on this thread, which I'll be visiting frequently.

Thanks, and cheers!
    Always buy cars which your children love. They'll be helpful allies against your wife, later on!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fouad bhai another great project in the making but i wonder only practical car i see in your garage is the passo.
    such projects are always great but they come to play when one has enough practical daily driven cars.....
    Question here is do you have more practical cars which i am not aware of or who cares of practicality when one has the phantom...
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually, Hasan...I was thinking something like this...

Wtb Fj40  fj45 -1302347
    Always buy cars which your children love. They'll be helpful allies against your wife, later on!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    Fouad bhai another great project in the making but i wonder only practical car i see in your garage is the passo.
    such projects are always great but they come to play when one has enough practical daily driven cars.....
    Question here is do you have more practical cars which i am not aware of or who cares of practicality when one has the phantom...
    I have a lot of very practical cars, Ahsan. The RR is supremely practical. The Land Cruiser pickup, too. The MR2 is also a very practical car. To be honest, the only "impractical" car is the Phantom. And then...you can't just live your life on practicality alone...right?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hasan.nqv View Post
    1UZ is all alloy material and a high speed engine where as 2UZ has a Caste Iron Block.. how would 1UZ performs with a 4x4 connected with its original gearbox? or if gearbox is changed......woh desi connecting plate btw gear n engine housing? performance down hogi?

Sir Highlight karain pls.....
    The 1UZ is a very versatile engine, Hasan. If you read up on it, it has successfully been used to power not just cars, but boats, and aeroplanes as well! Tuners have supercharged earlier generation 1UZs to the order of 550+ bhp, on stock internals. It's been used with automatic gearboxes, manual gearboxes, 4wd gearboxes, and pretty much everything under the sun. So...modifying a 1UZ to be adapted to a 4WD gear isn't really impossible.

Our very own Suhaib Kiani is somewhat of an expert on these radical, ground-breaking mods.

When it comes to a mechanical simpleton like me, though, I'm more inclined to sticking to easily-available, ready-bolted things. And since I have a very good experience of the 1UZ VVTi with its automatic gearbox in a couple of cars I own. In fact, not JUST my 65 and 67 Impalas have 1UZs. I have a '73 Mustang which came fitted with a 3rd Generation 1UZ with a 4 speed auto, and a '74 Camaro which had a 2nd Generation 1UZ with a 4 speed auto.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

True to an extent but my opinion would differ i would put a sedan(corolla civc or something german perhaps) and a 4x4 (80 series or 100) in practical car list.
    Single cabin 70 is 2 seater
    Mr2 is 2 seater
    And the RR is not reliable since you have stashed a spare incase something goea wrong with it.
    Well this is a long debate and that to bases on my opinions lets not detrack from the ratrod topic. As i said earlier another great project in the making.
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1UZ is all alloy material and a high speed engine where as 2UZ has a Caste Iron Block.. how would 1UZ performs with a 4x4 connected with its original gearbox? or if gearbox is changed......woh desi connecting plate btw gear n engine housing? performance down hogi?

Sir Highlight karain pls.....
    I have had a ride in a fj40 with 1uz swap mated with adaptor plate with speed 155 or its 151 lc gear and believe me its a Rocketship. On road when ever you will floor it, be it second gear or third you will get wheel spin and its dangerously fast.
    Secondly very reliable setup, small problem is the clutch but its because of hard launches pulling out stuck vehicles etc.
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadhafeez View Post
    The 1UZ is a very versatile engine, Hasan. If you read up on it, it has successfully been used to power not just cars, but boats, and aeroplanes as well! Tuners have supercharged earlier generation 1UZs to the order of 550+ bhp, on stock internals. It's been used with automatic gearboxes, manual gearboxes, 4wd gearboxes, and pretty much everything under the sun. So...modifying a 1UZ to be adapted to a 4WD gear isn't really impossible.

Our very own Suhaib Kiani is somewhat of an expert on these radical, ground-breaking mods.

When it comes to a mechanical simpleton like me, though, I'm more inclined to sticking to easily-available, ready-bolted things. And since I have a very good experience of the 1UZ VVTi with its automatic gearbox in a couple of cars I own. In fact, not JUST my 65 and 67 Impalas have 1UZs. I have a '73 Mustang which came fitted with a 3rd Generation 1UZ with a 4 speed auto, and a '74 Camaro which had a 2nd Generation 1UZ with a 4 speed auto.

OMG.....HANG ON GUYS ..JUST HANG ON .... !!!
    @fouadhafeez ...i have been silent visitor of your all threads ... but please explain this highlighted text in red ..
    Umer Siddiqui ... Inline Six .... ** 2JZ-GE **

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here are the kind of things I had in mind as the inspiration. You can retain FJ40 body parts along with modded chassis. And BTW I know too many people who managed to roll over VW Bugs over the years, a feat which I am told is quite a difficult one, so anything with a 1UZ on our streets should have a roll cage, period!

1. RG / RPM buggy. From what I understand, its kinda front engined 2WD auto with a solid axle at the back.
    Wtb: Fj40 / fj45 - images?qtbnANd9GcTwWf25liKnKJedWDHuG1gn0IITrBJIX8jzrUZrzHNZ98srK7d12g
    Wtb: Fj40 / fj45 - images?qtbnANd9GcROOcfW l1FCejFHxnl4XJdm7qmr5TlOUNyRWnF87KkkPs 0Ygneg

2. AGM Class 1 Buggy, rear engined 2WD with a trans axle
    Wtb: Fj40 / fj45 - images?qtbnANd9GcSXaAxDRf2uj h xVEYe9D6Im6xFsWeJleK cXrY ah4JStYT7WGw

Wtb: Fj40 / fj45 - images?qtbnANd9GcRoxfez5OXjbXYQ08Sna7lmj8pvZBa0o6o6f7Dw5KTjcBFu XCCJA
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

3. Rana Horan's amazing supercharged V8 Nissan Titan based rear engined truck with, stockish Nissan 4wd, solid axle rear and IFS
    Wtb: Fj40 / fj45 - DSCF2775 Raana

Wtb: Fj40 / fj45 - images?qtbnANd9GcSjWq Frcano56yNk7Ao D6sjD1vdvPaPVCYFiRkfnBp D2pkwF

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lastly, the good old FJ40 based front engined solid axled Dakar buggy experiment. Doable in front or rear/mid engined configurations:
    Wtb Fj40  fj45 -1302400
    Wtb Fj40  fj45 -1302401

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not an expert on anything Fouad Bhai, just have had liberty to do a lot of experiments over the years! And I do share your passion for the 1UZ, arguably amongst the best engines ever made and luckily the cheapest one available!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wtb Fj40  fj45 -1302417Wtb Fj40  fj45 -1302419Wtb Fj40  fj45 -1302420Wtb Fj40  fj45 -1302421Wtb Fj40  fj45 -1302422this would be epic
    :a

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

repost!!
    :a

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually, Hasan...I was thinking something like this...

Wtb Fj40  fj45 -1302347
    Sir r u gonna use FJ40/45 chassis in ur rat-rod with a 41/42 body? like the photo above..........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 060276 View Post
    OMG.....HANG ON GUYS ..JUST HANG ON .... !!!
    @fouadhafeez ...i have been silent visitor of your all threads ... but please explain this highlighted text in red ..
    Um...yes. I have a '73 big body 'Stang that is undergoing "the treatment", too. But, this is just one of the builds that hasn't appeared on PakWheels, brother.

Wtb Fj40  fj45 -1302441

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Awesome.... Looking in great shape....more photos pls

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir r u gonna use FJ40/45 chassis in ur rat-rod with a 41/42 body? like the photo above..........
    No, Hasan. One of the reasons for building an FJ40 rat rod is because I'm completely in love with the 40/45. I had a choice of using ANY vehicle as the donor for the Phantom, and it was the 40 I chose. Personally, I think that the FJ40 is THE iconic Land Cruiser...THE vehicle that put Toyota on the automotive map...and THE ultimate off-road design.

Besides...a towering, ultra-tall Phantom...and a low-slung, hyper-dropped Phantom II. I mean...how cool would the pair be?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Instant Hit Idea Sir......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    Here are the kind of things I had in mind as the inspiration. You can retain FJ40 body parts along with modded chassis. And BTW I know too many people who managed to roll over VW Bugs over the years, a feat which I am told is quite a difficult one, so anything with a 1UZ on our streets should have a roll cage, period!
    Ok...I love all of these inspirational vehicles!

Honestly though, Suhaib, I'm still kind of stuck on the FR (front engined, rear wheel driven) layout that should be simplicity in itself with a 1UZ VVTi and 5 speed Tiptronic (or a 3UZ with a 6 speed Tiptronic, for that matter). I'm also keen for it to be a largely street machine, and am not really interested in its off-road capabilities, at all (there are other vehicles I have, for that). I'm not really likely to participate in any rallies, to be quite frank. If I do...I'll be doing so as a navigator on your UZi!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not in a mood to write much but Fouad bhai, the thought is ultra hottttt