As stated in a different thread, i have a 660cc (engine of suzuki jimny) in my little sujuki jimny LJ 50, 1978 model, weighing around 570 KG's. The engine is a simple carborated one with no turbo and non efi. It has a very low ratio 4X4 and a very low ration diff, ie 8:39 which comes out to be 4.875. The power as per the total veh weight is good but at times i feel i need more power specially on highways/ motorways. I had earlier decided to go for a diesel engine but as per the suggestions of few friends changed my mind. Now out of the these the following options what i should go for? Need opinion.
1. To fix a turbo on the existing engine. These 660cc jimny engines have come with tubo's also so finding one will be no problem.
2. To get a 660cc efi engine with original turbo?
3. To get a 660cc twin cam efi engine?
4. To replace the existing engine with a 1000cc potohar engine? For that i'll have to change the transmission also.
5. A stupid idea but that's what my mechanic told me that he will open the carborater and will make changes to the jets and in result it will run like a rocket with some more fuel consumption may be.
Need opinion of experts.
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad