3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default TLC-UZJ70 Punga Project

I am newbie to 4x4 world but i have been seeing 4x4 threads for a long time and suddenly the 4x4 thing started to bite me. Now i am here with my dream suv 4x4 project. UZJ-70. I want to swap 2UZ-FE with 5fwd and 3.9 diff locks 4wheel disc in my 70. What are your opinions and suggestions. The suv should be both road and offroad oriented. In pindi i was searching a decent engine but couldn't, before i was interested in 1HD-FTE but it is damn expensive and not worth all the effort as if we compare 1HD-FTE and 2UZ-FE i think 2UZ takes the lead. What will be the best tyre size, i dont want any fancy height i want comfort and performance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

TLCUZJ70 Punga Project -1351619

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

better option is to couple its original 5 speed gear with 1uz-fe using adapter plate. 2uz is a very complex swap and in my eyes it offers not much over 1uz.
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would Go with qwertypoiu But it also depends on what would be the purpose of the your 4x4 aswell .. would that be a On road SUV and an occasional soft offroad or a serious offroader ...

Every thing depends on ur preference form engine to Tyre size to gear to axles etc

"" PAKISTAN ZINDABAD ""

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khanrocks View Post
    I would Go with qwertypoiu But it also depends on what would be the purpose of the your 4x4 aswell .. would that be a On road SUV and an occasional soft offroad or a serious offroader ...

Every thing depends on ur preference form engine to Tyre size to gear to axles etc

If i put 1UZ-FE VVTI what type of performance can i expect? For how much can i get a decent 1UZ VVTI and 3.9 diff locks? 265/70/17 will be the tyre size i guess. Actually 1UZ is a car engine and on 4x4 can we expect some good? offroading will be Glilgit skardu swat mingora areas and daily runner also. How HP much can 1UZ VVTI with 5 FWD produce?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If i put 1UZ-FE VVTI what type of performance can i expect? For how much can i get a decent 1UZ VVTI and 3.9 diff locks? 265/70/17 will be the tyre size i guess. Actually 1UZ is a car engine and on 4x4 can we expect some good? offroading will be Glilgit skardu swat mingora areas and daily runner also. How HP much can 1UZ VVTI with 5 FWD produce?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shah96 View Post
    Well 1UZ is a Good engine with around 250 hps and it does not matter if its a car engine or not .. what matters is the Gear and the Axle ratio .. May i ask what the point of swaping a 1uz in ur first 4x4 ? if you just want for the V8 dream then its ok .. other wise find a good 70 with a decent 1kZ engine in it .. and i tell it its more then enough for daily use or offroad aswell .. and it would give you less headache and you would enjoy ur 4x4 more...

Also u can built up 70 as per you liking aswell and soop the engine up, place bigger wheels and tyres, play with the ratio. Go through this thread https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/4x4...kzj-70-sheryar

you would see how my younger brother build his 4x4 bit by bit and trust me its a very serious off roader now ...
    "" PAKISTAN ZINDABAD ""

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well 1UZ is a Good engine with around 250 hps and it does not matter if its a car engine or not .. what matters is the Gear and the Axle ratio .. May i ask what the point of swaping a 1uz in ur first 4x4 ? if you just want for the V8 dream then its ok .. other wise find a good 70 with a decent 1kZ engine in it .. and i tell it its more then enough for daily use or offroad aswell .. and it would give you less headache and you would enjoy ur 4x4 more...

Also u can built up 70 as per you liking aswell and soop the engine up, place bigger wheels and tyres, play with the ratio. Go through this thread https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/4x4...kzj-70-sheryar

you would see how my younger brother build his 4x4 bit by bit and trust me its a very serious off roader now ...
    bro the 70 already has 1KZ and it is clocked at 450000km and it is dead so swap is needed. And what do you say about 3.9 diffs are they good? for how much can i get 1UZ VVTI and 3.9 diffs?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shah96 View Post
    bro the 70 already has 1KZ and it is clocked at 450000km and it is dead so swap is needed. And what do you say about 3.9 diffs are they good? for how much can i get 1UZ VVTI and 3.9 diffs?
    well 3.9 diffs are good for acceleration and good top end Speed .. i presume same as a Hiace .. so its ur preference

And sorry I dont have any current know how about prices of engine in Pakistan .. although i guess a good late generation 1UZ would be around 150,000 easy
    "" PAKISTAN ZINDABAD ""

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well 3.9 diffs are good for acceleration and good top end Speed .. i presume same as a Hiace .. so its ur preference

And sorry I dont have any current know how about prices of engine in Pakistan .. although i guess a good late generation 1UZ would be around 150,000 easy
    Can we have different diffs at rear and front means 4.1 at front and 3.9 at rear?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List