0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Finally into the gang of these wild machines with a JEEP O!!!!O CJ7

Dear Friends/PWs,

Assalam O Alaikum

Had this insect into my brain of having an offroader/4x4 since quiet sometime. Didnt had one in past because of parental restrictions but finally when ALLAH ALMIGHTY gave me this chance of buying one with my own financials i didnt missed it.
    Did some homework, read so much here on PW, gone through many threads and comments of different offroaders. Followed all the 4x4 clubs/groups here at PW. Learned so much from their experiences, took so much insipirations from their machines and offroading experiences. Went to so many workshops, junk yards, roadside left alone orphan offroading machines, kabadiyaz here in Shershah for engine research etc.
    Asked many PWs about their advises and opinions but unfortunately no one had that much time to give me some basic know how about grabbing/selecting a good feasible option. I m not upset about it seriously due to the fact that their negligence/ignorance had led me to do this all on my own and facing the consequences and their solution myself.
    So friends no hard feelings and finally i m here on this 4x4 forum with a 1981 civilian jeep 7.
    Attached Images Attached Images                
    You will beat us with technology and speed???? we will beat you with experience.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Shahbaba007 View Post
    mashaAllah .. mabrook bro.. A very good rig ... regards

shah baba
    THx shah baba for the compliments

Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app
    You will beat us with technology and speed???? we will beat you with experience.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    @ ZP mabrook - time to pay attention to nick-nacks & fix correctly to keep engine less HOT, a collapsed hose pipe restrict flow of coolant in engine

Finally into the gang of these wild machines with a JEEP O!!!!O CJ7 -1354352
    Capsat bro. Welcome my brother. Appreciate your input here on this thread. Excellent observation u have. I m impressed. May be this was the reason its waterbody went faulty with the previous owner. I will definitely change this. Any other thing u would like to point out? Have u read about the cold starting issue I addressed to khanrocks? Pls advise on that also. Thx. Stay connected.
    Regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for cold start issue it has been discussed --> here,
    also you need to locate a correct air intake box for better pick up & fuel economy, seems filter box is way to far from the inlet, am only offering my observations seasoned 4x4 users may have a different input for air-intake.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    for cold start issue it has been discussed --> here,
    also you need to locate a correct air intake box for better pick up & fuel economy, seems filter box is way to far from the inlet, am only offering my observations seasoned 4x4 users may have a different input for air-intake.
    Dear capsat
    I m into an opinion of checking its heater plugs first. Will update u accordingly

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Friends,

NEEM HAKEEM KHATRA E JAAN

Brought original hose pipe for replacing the top one as indicated by capsat bro. While taking off the older one from the radiator side, i think i exerted too much force as the older one was very badly stuck to the radiator's upper inlet. The pipe got changed, both end clips tightened, eradicated that blockage of coolant flow which was indicated. When i started filling water i noticed that water was leaking beneath the engine bay, i though it was the extra spilled water which spilled while filling but after sometime i noticed that it was leaking continously. After hard observation from different angles i figured that while exerting too much pressure i somehow leaked the top end of the radiator which you call "top" now calling my radiator guy to fix it properly again

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool

sorry pehalwaan ji for future, you must remember anything which seems stuck and NEED extra ordinary force shall be attended with extra caution and care or else, ... you suffered. - once it is fixed all leaks closed, link --> flush the cooling system and use coolant.

Quote:

from Xulfiqar's guide book

- -
    drain the radiator and measure how much came out, now open the thermostat housing to remove thermostat valve, push a blower nozzle in it and start the blower, it will push out all dirty water from the engine, measure what came out again. Write it down.

Put thermostat valve back, replace drain valve on radiator, add pure coolant to the engine, half of the quantity that came out, start engine and slowly add water, keep on adding until no more would go in, do not let it overflow, coolant is poisonous. Keep the engine running till the radiator fan starts, squeeze the rubber pipes to rid of any stuck air bubbles in the system. Once the system is stablized, put the cap back on, and observe any anomaly.
    - -
    Unquote

Quote Originally Posted by ziddipathan View Post
    Dear Friends,

NEEM HAKEEM KHATRA E JAAN

Brought original hose pipe for replacing the top one as indicated by capsat bro. While taking off the older one from the radiator side, i think i exerted too much force as the older one was very badly stuck to the radiator's upper inlet. The pipe got changed, both end clips tightened, eradicated that blockage of coolant flow which was indicated. When i started filling water i noticed that water was leaking beneath the engine bay, i though it was the extra spilled water which spilled while filling but after sometime i noticed that it was leaking continously. After hard observation from different angles i figured that while exerting too much pressure i somehow leaked the top end of the radiator which you call "top" now calling my radiator guy to fix it properly again
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After very hard efforts for pulling the radiator out for fixing, finally the radiator came out. Due to the fact that these machines have alterations too much in the engine bay, the radiator was not getting out easily. After dismantling it from the front shield the lower inlet steel pipe of the radiator was stuck at the lower end of the fan shrout. Although we tried to take out the shrout also at first but the fan blades were not letting the shrout come out.
    So instead of taking the pain of dismantling the fan we made a little cutting alteration at the lower end of the shrout which was blocking the radiator pipe. Finally the radiator came out.
    Horrified to see the radiator condition. So instead of fixing the same, i decided to go for a new one as summers are ahead and its already 28-30 c here in karachi. figured out that the radiator installed was having 3 lines. The radiator experts of jeeps here in Karachi were surprised to see that a CJ7 having a B2 engine was having 3 lines radiator. According to them, this was injustice with a B2 as Cj7 with B2 should have a 5 lines radiator. Therefore bought a new 5 lines radiator of "AWAMI" 15x24 size. Made some alterations again on the shrout as radiator width was increased due to 5 lines.
    Now the jeep is back in action, previously on old radiator, it was decreasing too much water on daily basis although it was winters but now i have noticed that problem is resolved now.
    Regarding starting issue, checked the heater plugs, out of four, only 1 was working the rest three were burst from the bottom. replaced all 4 with new heater plugs (japanese) dont exactly remember the brand. Now the jeep is starting on a single heater no matter how cold it is.
    Have tested the mileage by putting measured 1 litre diesel in a bottle and driving it the way i drive. In city it gave me 8.5 km/l approx. i dont know if its a good or a bad mileage. Suggestions would be more than welcomed, have taken to a diesel lab also on which the lab gave ok report for the pump and the nozzles.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any suggestions regarding its temperature gauge? The one in the speedo is faulty. Had an after market installed in it but that too is not working. The after market one currently connected to the engine is non-electric one.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Worried about its tax payment and change of ownership. Any suggestion/help?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List